compilation of ideas to take this game to the next lvl

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Aragon_ofcamelot
True Believer

compilation of ideas to take this game to the next lvl

Post by Aragon_ofcamelot » 16 Dec 2016, 20:49

After being a Gm for more then 1400 hours now and playing the game myself, I found that these are a few things still missing from the game. I realize it’s along text, but I has some great ideas bunched in together with stuff that I found on the forums or heard from other players during my time as gm. So these are not only my ideas

- Random map generator would be awesome and together with it a custom map creator so people and modders can actually create a kingdom of westeros, the map of Europe,….. or whatever world they want to. It would open up a lot more Rp possibilities aswell for those that enjoy that.

- A mod tool, since from my understanding this game can not be opened up to the workshop, there should be another way for people to implement mods. As a developer you guys would benefit from it since you have loads of talented people that will create useful custom and new content for you, what people have been screaming for. Going from buildings, clothing, weapons, boats and ships… and this way people have something new to try and test out again since it has been a while that there was new stuff brought it.
With a mod tool you would allow you guys to focus on game mechanics and the important things to make the game work, while you have people basically creating the new items for you that you can decide to implement in the main game when proven useful.

- Together with a mod tool, one of the biggest things missing are NPC’s in this game. When you would have small villages or a main capital even, controlled by NPC’s where people can do trade and commerce it would open up new possibilities in currency and you can actually get a market, currency and trade system started. Besides that there should also be bandits, rogues, players or small encampments that you can encounter in the wild that will attack you and that you can attack yourself if you would want to. They should have basic loot with a very tiny chance of dropping something special. Adding NPC’s to the game would add so much more depth to it and would have something for everyone. Builders and traders can use the peaceful villages to interact with, while pvpers and fighters can go all out on slaughtering bandits. At the moment pvp doesn’t seem to work on servers since you always have more powerful factions then others, or they attack a faction that don’t really want to pvp and then lost everything so they rage quit. Fighters get bored when face with no opposition and they stop playing the game. This would keep them busy and I’m sure that the implementation of NPC’s would bring new players to this game aswell since not everyone wants to interact with real players.

- Implementation of boats and ships, a flat castle and stone wall (with no battlements, it would allow loads more options to create specific walls)

- Doors and gates that you can build on it’s own, to seal of buildings or doorways like a barn, or rooms inside a house or even a mine entrance. In my opinion it should realy be an option to seal of your personal mine with a gate or door.

- Drawbridges and the creation of motes ( now with the terraforming dirt only stacks 2 high, meaning if your castle is at height 18 above the water lvl, you can not dig down to create a mote since that would become a river of 8 tiles wide-> maybe create an option where you can pave over pavement (like we had on our server) and you can stack up to 10 lvls in height (considering the fact that this would have been cemented up, it would be possible in real life aswell and it would open up the option to make real hilltop or mountain castles without needing 20 tiles just to reach the top alone and not even started building yet) meanwhile it would be a solution for sometimes people getting over your walls to easily due to landscape issues with terraforming.
It would force people to use real siege equipment. (this means there should be siege ladders of equal height 10tiles.

- More character customizations going from a lot more haircuts, to colours, to increase your height and posture,… At the moment it’s very limited

- Players should be able to flatten paved areas just like gm’s so you can actually build a gatehouse over a road.

The way crops grow since the latest patch made the game a lot less interesting. Even though I encourage getting as close to realistic situations as possible, it always has to be accessible to people and able to play the game without having to stay on 24/7. At the moment people lose interest in the game because it requires too much activity out of them. They can not play the game only on weekends cause when they come back, their animals all died, and they can start back from scratch.

1)To start with: the quality of the soil in farming should determine how fast your crops grow aswell (now I’m not sure if that’s possible cause I know you guys went with a whole weather and season script) but it would be nice that if you have above 80q soil for example that you always get a tick aswell.
2)Apart from that, crop decay should take a lot longer! For 2 reasons, one being realism: in real life farmers actualy leave certain crops untouched even though they’re ready to harvest, for specific reasons (this could be to wait price fluctuations, transport, and so on….but their crops never vanish ;) So if we want this whole complicated and difficult system because it’s realistic then we should also keep that in account and realise that farmers in real life leave crops standing for 1-2 months sometimes. And the second reason: again the accessibility so weekend players can leave their crops till next time they play
3)Then to add to the complex system, we players should be able to interact to weather conditions. Lack of rain in real life is easily solved (maybe we can even get the option to make irrigation systems), so we should be able to water the crops. Until these things are in place I wouldn’t push through with the realism excuse in farming since it is not complete and only the hard things are in place now, making it very difficult to get crops. I’m waiting 9 real life days myself now without a harvest. So in my opinion: go back to what it was until you can add in these last factors to add to the realism giving players a chance to play properly until you can get it all to work.
Somebody also wrote something about crops management like taking care of weeds etc, keeping them healthy. Also a possibility although I would only link that in extra Q if you do, and no consequences if you don’t. Hard enough as it is but that way casual players can get their good q crops and hardcore farmers have something extra they can focus on for max Q

-Terraformed areas should grow back if not flattened. Grass or forest soil becomes unusable after being terraformed. Alakar was able to make a script on our server to let the grass grow back if the tiles were not flattened. Was pretty nice.

- Give underbrush a usefulness. At the moment it takes up space and spawns out of nowhere with the hundreds and it’s useless. I recommend that you make the amount of it smaller so it doesn’t spawn as much and also it berries to the bushes instead of grabbing it from the ground.

- Organising: it would be nice that every player sees the warehouse/tradercart and container inventories all the same. That if one person bothers organising it all it doesn’t look all over the place to someone else. Would be helpful in a lot of ways and help people with ocd from going insane ;)

- It would be nice if blueprints were transparent buildings. Atleast that way you can see how it will look and turn out when finished, if the door is in the right place, if the roof is not sticking over etc… without having to spend loads of materials to build it and then to realise it’s not entirely placed the right way. This way it would allow everyone from your faction to see it and not only the person building it (makes future planning of the base easier)

- Remove tree decay which seems to happen since the latest patch. Since I hear the realism excuse a lot I will use this to counter this decay…It makes no sense what so ever that trees die so quickly, if die at all. Oaks grow for hundreds of years and at the moment trees seems to vanish after a while (if this is a bug and not intentional, then I hope you guys find a way to fix it)

- Possibility to increase the quality of forest soil, at the moment you can only make the soil degrade (picking berries and mushrooms on it) but you can not increase it. The quality of the soil should determine the grow rate of the tree then, meaning if you have above 80q soil, the tree should grow a lot faster than on quality 1 soil.

and apart from that....why on earth don't i have a beta key yet :p
Hope people can agree to a lot of these suggestions, in my opinion and from what i can tell as a gm, dealing with people playing the game, atleast a lot of these things would add more depth to the game

- faster terraforming and uprooting: uprooting is just enoying and i know you can change it in settings but it should be either instant or a lot faster in general.
same with terraforming. I don't mind it, i strangely enough enjoy it even but this game consists of only terraforming sometimes to make a base, would be nice if we can dig at gm speed or atleast double the speed from what it is now.

- a helpoverlay might be nice where it tells you what you need to create a certain item still.

- It would be nice if stats and dammage were displayed on an item when hoovering over it, that way you can actually compare weapons/shields/items and see which ones are better, or are of better use to you. (for example on the different types of arrows you would be able to compare them)
Last edited by Aragon_ofcamelot on 16 Dec 2016, 21:39, edited 1 time in total.

Aout
True Believer

Re: compilation of ideas to take this game to the next lvl

Post by Aout » 24 Dec 2016, 04:20

Aragon_ofcamelot wrote:- Players should be able to flatten paved areas just like gm’s so you can actually build a gatehouse over a road.

Yes. Paving should not break the flattening and let us build over it. I was really really disappointed to find out it breaks everything last night :(

Wakazashi
True Believer

Post by Wakazashi » 26 Dec 2016, 00:22

There are alot of good suggestions here.. I'd like to add one more.

Rather than "Tier" skills for crafting (Tailoring) you can only make things at 0/30/60/90 skill. Allow you to learn something every 5 skill points, there are so many recipes you can learn, spread them out a bit, and perhaps rather than just mass producing small pouches (which give same exp as something that takes like 15x the materials than it) increase that aswell.

The climb from 30-60 is very tedious, which is fine, but seeing how Masonry can get new buildings at 0/10/30/40/50/60/65/75/80/85/90

Why can't we do this for other crafts? 0/30/60/90 is alot less interesting, and makes the game quite stale, tbh.

Wakazashi
True Believer

Post by Wakazashi » 26 Dec 2016, 00:24

- We need VOIP for a RP/PVP Game. Why isn't this implimented if it was already in LIF:YO?

- When you place a building overtop of ground, it should not have brush/grass sticking through the floor of the building aswell.

TheZar

Post by TheZar » 26 Dec 2016, 00:47

Aout wrote:
Aragon_ofcamelot wrote:- Players should be able to flatten paved areas just like gm’s so you can actually build a gatehouse over a road.

Yes. Paving should not break the flattening and let us build over it. I was really really disappointed to find out it breaks everything last night :(

you can mod that

Just go into skilltypes.xml and add "177" to flatten ground skill, you need to do this in the server and the client side.

Aout
True Believer

Post by Aout » 26 Dec 2016, 00:56

TheZar wrote:
Aout wrote:

you can mod that

Just go into skilltypes.xml and add "177" to flatten ground skill, you need to do this in the server and the client side.

Can't mod the MMO.

Xkeithstonex
True Believer

Post by Xkeithstonex » 26 Jan 2017, 21:10

There are a lot of good ideas in here. I hope people are taking a look at things like this. I feel like there is a lot more content and fine tuning that could be added to this game to make it more immersive, user friendly and diverse.
Ubbe: So we declare war on England.
Ivar: No, in the name of our dead father, in the name of Ragnar Lothbrok, the greatest hero of our country, and in the name of Odin, we declare war on the whole world.

RetroLogi

Post by RetroLogi » 01 Feb 2017, 16:43

Aragon_ofcamelot wrote:A mod tool, since from my understanding this game can not be opened up to the workshop, there should be another way for people to implement mods. As a developer you guys would benefit from it since you have loads of talented people that will create useful custom and new content for you, what people have been screaming for. Going from buildings, clothing, weapons, boats and ships… and this way people have something new to try and test out again since it has been a while that there was new stuff brought it.
With a mod tool you would allow you guys to focus on game mechanics and the important things to make the game work, while you have people basically creating the new items for you that you can decide to implement in the main game when proven useful.

Quote +1 guild's vote.

We need more objects to improve the roleplay, and stop improving pvp only.

Olivemanchester

Post by Olivemanchester » 02 Feb 2017, 09:20

Some ideas are really good!

Aragon_ofcamelot
True Believer

Post by Aragon_ofcamelot » 06 Feb 2017, 22:39

Maybe i should repeat this again....make sure trees do NOT decay! it's a big topic of frustration of a lot of players. I myself like to create my own forest and give it a natural look...now that's not possible since it disappears and you have to keep doing this over and over and this while it makes no sense.... (pine/oaks/...)trees can grow over hundreds of years. Make sure that in game they stay aswell please. would be nice if it is changed again

Aragon_ofcamelot
True Believer

Post by Aragon_ofcamelot » 25 Jul 2017, 20:17

last i would like to add to either change or seriously improve the combat.
the movement should be much smoother, the hitbox improved, makes no sense that you can only hit at a specific range. yes weapons have a certain range and as long as your not in range of my weapon i should not be able to hit you, how ever as soon as you are it doesn't matter if i hit you with the tip of my sword the middle or the back, as long as it's not the handle you will get cut. Atm you will only hit at one specific point. so far a lot of games have promising combat systems like mordhau for instance, but if you look at games that already exists i'd say chivalry comes closets to the combat we should have in here.

One thing is for sure blocking should be better, and work propperly, both with shield as swords, so should be the hitting and swinging including the animations.....atm it is a real joke to take part in a fight or seeing people fight even.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas