you've done a really good job !

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Linbaba
True Believer

you've done a really good job !

Post by Linbaba » 02 Jan 2017, 18:18

It's funny, you know how they say "you only know what you got until it's gone" ? there's songs about it, it's in lots of media and common culture.

Usually that phrase refers to a partner or friend or familly member.

In my case, it recently has referred to Life is Feudal MMO.

From the start of the beta to the closing of the servers for the dev's slacking time, I was not impressed by the game, I was even less impressed by the 25 year old clunky forum where you can't even change your display name and have to pass a "human check" where it often takes 3 or 4 tries before you get it right and the options to subscribe to posts and other things are out just really out of date and have little ergonomy.

I wasn't impressed by the devs who couldn't seem to sort out some game breaking bugs that never should have been in a beta but should have been ironed out in Alpha.

I wasn't impressed by the communication from Bitbox whether by email or on forums or elsewhere.

And I wasn't impressed by how the game lacked polish, how you use a IRC chat embedded in the game which no one knew how to use and didn't come with a tutorial (seriously though, a tutorial for chat?) and lots of other small things which aren't a big deal on their own but mean something when added together.

I wasn't impressed at all with the price (40 Euros) I had to pay so I could do YOU a service and test your game for you.

I certainly wasn't impressed by the grind, especially the useless grind that forces you to craft and then destroy what you crafter and repeat that process over and over, or other tasks which needed to be done for hours on end just so you could reach 30 or 60 in some skill and then start again in the next one.

I also wasn't really impressed by the combat which is absolutely better than what you can find in some other games of the same type like Gloria Victis but still really far from most games with melee combat, including games that were released 10 years ago like Age of Conan. It doesn't look good, it doesn't feel good, it's not smooth, and I know I said it, but it really doesn't look good.

I'll stop here but I could go on, because that's not at all what I wanted to say.

What I wanted to say is that since the servers went down, I've been experiencing something I haven't experienced in a very long time.

I've been waking up thinking about Life is Feudal before I even open my eyes, I've been loosing interest in other games and really just want toplay this one. I've been reading these forums even though they are mostly dead or don't concern the MMO.

In short, I'm hooked, in the same way as I got hooked on games like The Elder Scrolls.

To me, that means "you" did a good job, a really good job even, and even if I can criticise one or two or a million things, the way I see it, you've achieved an important milestone already.

What it also means is I'm "on board" and I care and believe in this game more than any other games on the market right now. It also means that I will remain vocal about things I think aren't right or should be improved.

I've been a hardcore and sometimes competitive pvp player since DotA came out with WCIII more than 10 years ago and ever since, I have mocked, ridiculed and bullied PVE oriented players, players who liked to craft, or farm, or role play and carebears in general.

And here you have managed to make me spend one week doing nothing else in a game that is very far from perfect in so many ways and you still managed to get me hooked.

So I know this post may come out as a bit weird and I know it's a long one, so basically :

TL;DR : I never thought I'd say this but I really like this game, I mean, I REALLY like it, to the point that I wake up thinking about it, and though I have tons of criticism to make about almost evey aspect of this project, I want to say well done, you've got something if not unique, at least rare here, and I'm now really hoping you will be able to polish this little gem into something that sparkles and lasts for a very long time!

That, and happy new year :beer:

Return to Feedback Section