Bakeries way too slow

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: Forest Village? Post it here!

Remmco.gvisan

Bakeries way too slow

Post by Remmco.gvisan » 28 Dec 2016, 22:29

Hello,
after about 100 hours of play one of my balance conclusions is that bakery production is extremely slow.

Without knowing how the game calculates consumption and production times, its hard to make suggestions about how exactly to tweak it.

As it stands, I would suggest, bakery production time for bread has to be reduced by 40%. I have 5 bakeries and cannot keep bread in stock. I have over 12000 food: meat, veggies, fruit and fish. Population is only 57.

Consumption should be about 1 bread per 4 people per day. Production should be 20 bread per day with educated people and 12 with uneducated - but like i said, could be wrong as the i dont know how the game computes production / consumption.

Goldi

Re: Bakeries way too slow

Post by Goldi » 02 Jan 2017, 07:49

I think that you are absolutely right with your topic that bakeries are way too slow. I thought as you have to farm wheat, use the mill to make flour and finaly bake a bread out of it should be worth the effort.
It should deffenitly be adjusted! I am not sure about your numbers but 40% sounds realistic.

Darkiger

Post by Darkiger » 02 Jan 2017, 09:24

I fully agree and the impact of the calories on the people is not very clear.

My workers consume pies as fast as row food (legumes, fruits, meat, fish) and I don't really see the difference ...

So why should I use 3 resources to bake pies as I can use 1 to feed my people ? :crazy:

Sakaras

Post by Sakaras » 11 Jan 2017, 11:07

Having a town of a population of about 100 and trying to scale up to the bakery goods is insane I find myself building 20 of them and still not even coming close to producing enough food to feed 25% of my town. This leaves me with a few solutions.

1) Bakers need to produce food faster.

2) "Preferably" Bakers need to produce more food lets be honest 1 pie feeds like 3-4 people so why not make these pies partition up correctly. Meaning bakers make 5-7 pies in the time it is now taking them to make 1. I can't remember the last time I made a pie or casserole and ate it all myself these things should be feeding whole families.

3) Increase the amount of bakers in a building from 2 to 6 thus increasing the amount of food available. This is by far the least desirable option but it beats having 20 bakery buildings killing the space of my town.

Grieswurst

Post by Grieswurst » 11 Jan 2017, 21:46

I think so too, bakerys produce food way to slow. Should decrease the producing time for each type of food

Xavierfaligant

Post by Xavierfaligant » 21 Feb 2017, 22:08

I also agree with OP. Especially when trying to make pies for an expeditation, which btw does not make much sense. I would be better to bring smoked fish and meat than pies...

Return to Suggestions and Ideas