Lags and freezes

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal: Forest Village? Post it here!

Darkiger

Lags and freezes

Post by Darkiger » 31 Dec 2016, 18:52

I have been playing over 66 hours and have now a village with 270 people and reached the year 97.

Now I have a lot of lags and freezes in the game, horrible ! :x

My PC handle every game with high resolution level, so the graphic option is not the trouble. I don't know exactly where the bug is, but I cannot play the game further :%)

Darkiger

Re: Lags and freezes

Post by Darkiger » 01 Jan 2017, 09:34

After several tests, it seems that those lags are mainly coming from terraforming areas.

Darkiger

Post by Darkiger » 10 Jan 2017, 07:47

I chanced my graphic card from an AMD Radeon R9 200 3GB to a Geforce GTX 1060 6GB and I have less lags and freezes.

The only significant freeze I encounter now is when the snow is coming.

Grieswurst

Post by Grieswurst » 11 Jan 2017, 22:06

I do have terrible lags with snow too now.. unplayable slideshow with 1 Fps. Strange thing when i pause snow is still falling but fps goes to over 80 again.. What can I do?

Darkiger

Post by Darkiger » 12 Jan 2017, 11:43

As someone said on this forum, lags seems to come from workers unable to complete their tasks.

For instance if you have farmers and the snow is falling they cannot fulfill their job and amazingly this is one of the lags origin.

I think the dev team has to rethink this, because you always have workers unable to do their job (farmers, beeworkers, harvesters in winter or hunters without animals in the area, etc ...)

Coheed_IV
True Believer

Post by Coheed_IV » 12 Jan 2017, 14:39

I agree, the lag caused from farmers being rerouted because of snow. Not the snow itself.

This is AI computations, I have a i7 2600K overclocked at 4.6 Ghz, my lag fps is in the 20s and goes away once I allow the AI to catch up with x2 speed.

I think the game is pretty good about rerouting these farmers when winter hits, but if you have a lot of work queued (like many stone walk-ways) it gets bogged down fast.

I would think they will be able to fix this when optimizing the game, either by using a separate thread or putting some kind of fail safe in the speed of rerouting.

I just take winters slow anyways, there is so much you can get done at that time. I think this gameplay flow is pretty cool.

Return to Feedback Section