Make Night time less useless and irritating (and other ideas)

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Xaerius

Make Night time less useless and irritating (and other ideas)

Post by Xaerius » 23 Jan 2017, 17:12

I've been playing for a while now, and I've come to realize this game can't be taken seriously in it's current state, for one reason mainly.

Night time.

It's pointless.

for those who don't know, you just adjust brightness every night to bypass the darkness, no torch is necessary.

those that don't know this, they are playing at a major disadvantage.

If you're going to have night time, torches etc moon light, cloud cover etc, you need darkness to feel real.

Take a page out of Rust's book. Rust is one of the top 10 games played on steam. They had the same issue, night would come and most would bypass it by increasing gamma.

The Dev's at Facepunch fixed this and made it so you can't bypass night. You're still able to slightly adjust but it doesn't make that much of a difference.

This needs to happen in LIF otherwise night is just a useless pointless inconvenience.

Also yit would be great to add:

1) Animals to pull carts (I've seen a lot of talk about this)
2) ORE bins that can hold at least 2000+ ore. (Not a chest, an open lidded box)
3) Tomatoes!
4) Make it so Wolves attack rabbits and Grouse! To prevent massive imbalance to animal populations
5)Give LIF:YO Random seeding of materials, spread them out better and MOAR/Replenshing CLAY (not everyone knows to use pick axe instead of shovel)
6) Give LIF:YO server admins the ability to limit guild sizes (after all 64 slots isn't very many and one large group can dominate a server easily)
7) Random chance of finding coins (copper and silver)
8) TREASURE MAPS (who doesn't love treasure hunts?)

9) Last but MOST IMPORTANT -

This game needs stamina modifiers for people that have been playing excessively on their account. In many ways you've tried for a certain level of realism, anyone going all out on shovelling /chopping /building /hunting /fighting for days (in game days) would be completely exhausted without proper rest.

I suggest adding a stamina cost modifier based on increments of time played linked directly to a players account/characters for a single server.

If action X costs 1 stamina to complete, then over time as the players character becomes exhausted that modifier gets increased by percentages based on how much they've been playing in a certain period.

The longer that player keeps playing, the faster his character becomes tired. He can still play, but it's like diminishing returns.

I know the hardcore addicts won't like a system like this, they would be a minority.

It would add an interesting dynamic and prevent long drawn out conflicts, as the players involved in massive battles would have to stop and rest their armies accordingly, else the costs become too high from exhaustion.

Wookiee420
True Believer

Re: Make Night time less useless and irritating (and other ideas)

Post by Wookiee420 » 23 Jan 2017, 22:37

I like all your ideas but the last one, that sounds like a punishment for playing the game for long periods of time, even if you aren't a hardcore player, which I am not, that idea alone would make me question playing.
"Yay, I love this game, I am so hooked, I've been playing all day, now I am penalized for enjoying myself. Screw it, I'll play something else." or worse than that, "I just finished my work week, and have my days off to play, wait now I am getting penalized for using my days off to play? Screw it, I'll play something else."

Chucks078
Zealous Believer

Post by Chucks078 » 23 Jan 2017, 23:14

Wookiee420 wrote:I like all your ideas but the last one, that sounds like a punishment for playing the game for long periods of time, even if you aren't a hardcore player, which I am not, that idea alone would make me question playing.
"Yay, I love this game, I am so hooked, I've been playing all day, now I am penalized for enjoying myself. Screw it, I'll play something else." or worse than that, "I just finished my work week, and have my days off to play, wait now I am getting penalized for using my days off to play? Screw it, I'll play something else."

+1

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 24 Jan 2017, 08:09

tomatoes were brought by spanish from the american continent, so, nope, no tomatoes !

(yeah yeah that's the same for potatoes, but they are the most useless food ingredient in the game, they could remove it that we shouldn't be annoyed xD )
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Return to Suggestions and Ideas