MMO CBT - When is your turn

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Dedumo

Re: MMO CBT - When is your turn

Post by Dedumo » 23 Jan 2017, 07:48

Yes we had fun, but there was also the understanding that we would have access to the beta waves as well as some sort of bonus when the mmo was released. Being the initial game testers, we endured bugs, game breaking mechanics, constant server wipes in addition to helping build communities surrounding LiF. There are a lot of people out there with 1000+ hours who have said they will return to the game when the mmo beta is out, basically believing that they too would have access and not need to spend extra money to have the privilege of another round of beta testing.
Furthermore many of these people enjoy the game, would love to help the game to the next stage of its development, yet are being passed over in their opinion due to a lottery system. I am just voicing my thoughts as well as others who have been part of the LiF community.

Wookiee420
True Believer

Post by Wookiee420 » 24 Jan 2017, 19:49

Dedumo wrote:Yes we had fun, but there was also the understanding that we would have access to the beta waves as well as some sort of bonus when the mmo was released. Being the initial game testers, we endured bugs, game breaking mechanics, constant server wipes in addition to helping build communities surrounding LiF. There are a lot of people out there with 1000+ hours who have said they will return to the game when the mmo beta is out, basically believing that they too would have access and not need to spend extra money to have the privilege of another round of beta testing.
Furthermore many of these people enjoy the game, would love to help the game to the next stage of its development, yet are being passed over in their opinion due to a lottery system. I am just voicing my thoughts as well as others who have been part of the LiF community.

you still get access to WAVE 2 LIKE PROMISED. You still get those bonuses you were promised too, like a free character, and something to symbolize you have been here so long. A lottery is the only way its fair. You sound like a child whose mom told him no. You sound whiney and like you are entitled to more than you were offered. Everyone is appreciative that you spent time in the game, thank you, but that doesnt make you any better than anyone, that doesnt mean you deserve a single thing more than any other person that bought the game. I wish you the patience that the game deserves, because I can tell with your long gameplay you love YO, and if thats the case I know you will love the MMO. I also dont understand everyone's rush to beta test a game that is buggy, the forum is FULL of people bitching that they couldnt even log in, how is that a thank you for your participation to make you sit there in an infinite log cycle?

Olivemanchester

Post by Olivemanchester » 25 Jan 2017, 07:48

Wookiee420 wrote:[
you still get access to WAVE 2 LIKE PROMISED. You still get those bonuses you were promised too, like a free character, and something to symbolize you have been here so long. A lottery is the only way its fair. You sound like a child whose mom told him no. You sound whiney and like you are entitled to more than you were offered. Everyone is appreciative that you spent time in the game, thank you, but that doesnt make you any better than anyone, that doesnt mean you deserve a single thing more than any other person that bought the game. I wish you the patience that the game deserves, because I can tell with your long gameplay you love YO, and if thats the case I know you will love the MMO. I also dont understand everyone's rush to beta test a game that is buggy, the forum is FULL of people bitching that they couldnt even log in, how is that a thank you for your participation to make you sit there in an infinite log cycle?

+1, you just said all I think about.

Palladin
True Believer

Post by Palladin » 26 Jan 2017, 14:04

but what about all other bonuses from pack? they will appear in MMO? not in Beta test. right?

Losthorizon350
Beta Tester

Post by Losthorizon350 » 27 Jan 2017, 11:06

Palladin wrote:but what about all other bonuses from pack? they will appear in MMO? not in Beta test. right?

Quite right. I suppose, it's simply because devs are not quite sure how this bonuses will work. But not excluded, that they will appear in the upcoming wave of CBT, if Bitbox will find a solution for this matter a bit earlier :)

Prayr
True Believer

Post by Prayr » 21 Feb 2017, 05:46

Any invites going out for this round ???

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis » 21 Feb 2017, 07:18

I already said it in Discord, but I feel I want to say it here too:
That "Closed Beta #2 Test" thing awoke false hopes :cry: , because I thought it also means Wave #2 is in.

Bjarkan

Post by Bjarkan » 21 Feb 2017, 07:29

i can play now ?

Kapustin_Yar

Post by Kapustin_Yar » 21 Feb 2017, 10:43

Atlantis wrote:That "Closed Beta #2 Test" thing awoke false hopes :cry: , because I thought it also means Wave #2 is in.

I actually thought this was it! I applied to join anyway. Just updated my PC, so now I can compare LiF to my old build and make prettier screenshots. I'm a bit confused as to why they are expanding the beta now. I guess that not as many people are playing it any more.

So how will the transition to Wave 2 actually work? Will Steam just start downloading the MMO, or how will the devs determine we own Lif: YO? Do we have to apply for it? I feel like this should be in the Faq, I probably read about the procedure and forgot. Sorry.

When is it going to happen again? Is wave 2 going to start in March/April or later?

Tormunda
True Believer

Post by Tormunda » 21 Feb 2017, 13:32

Khan- wrote:and with a wipe at every new phase and a final wipe at the release...
+ people think they might get any kind of advantage... but nope... the full release will offer a totally shuffled ressource dispatch :beer:

There is not a wipe at final release!
There is only 1 wipe left to come and that is at the end of Wave 1

Contact1

Post by Contact1 » 22 Feb 2017, 03:52

As someone that bought into the idea on Steam right when LiF: YO popped up on the market in 2014 I am upset that we early adopters are being forced to wait for wave #2. Your LiF: MMO packages were not even a thing at the time... and we bought a very broken and bug ridden game.

To be frank I had completely forgotten about LiF until I noticed the trailer for Closed BETA starting up... and to be given a low blow like this after being handed a broken game in 2014 isn't something I appreciate.

If I had to sum it up with a single phrase it would be this...

"I feel cheated".

Zielczi

Post by Zielczi » 22 Feb 2017, 09:56

I feel, the same, i bought game 3 years ago and now i am worse than other?!

SniKeurS

Post by SniKeurS » 22 Feb 2017, 14:17

When wave 2 is coming?

Disgriminator

Post by Disgriminator » 22 Feb 2017, 18:53

I feel the same, i bought in to this game berfore time began...(or so it feels), and i was kinda hoping to get into the MMO beta a bit faster than wave 2... which is far off in the future im led to belive.

This game has sooo much potential, but all us devoted players that have owned the game since day Dot, are drifting away and finding other stuff to play, and by the time the Beta opens up for most of us, we will be all devoting our time in other games that are on the horizon.

Feeling let down, and the multiple deaths in the old days when the game was buggy as hell and the feelings of satisfaction when you survived the first night with Wolves behind every tree (so it seemed), are now very distant memorys, and i find myself struggling to keep looking forward another year or how ever many months are left before its open to all, just dont seem worth the effort any more :(

i have even caught myself thinking about going back to Wurm, to get a good multiplayer fix at this style of game..... Please dont make me do that.... Wurm, sucked me in for farrrr to long, But i can make awesome boats :D

Thefakemccoy

Post by Thefakemccoy » 23 Feb 2017, 04:55

As a YO owner I see where people are upset they have not got in the closed beta.

Me personally not being in the beta does not bother me. I just see how others can feel let down. No I am not a kickstarter backer. No i haven't owned YO sine it was put on steam. Do i feel entitled to a beta me no.

I see how some people who have owned the game since it was on steam or just after and not in the beta can feel let down. Why? They spent time in YO with the bugs glitches yes. Does it make them entitled to the beta no. But at the same time I see them upset since some one who learned about the game 10mins ago can go buy a pack and get access to the beta over some one who has owned it for a few years.

Would I love to be in beta yes. Who would't really. But with time and patients I will get there with the rest and so will any other YO owner.

SniKeurS

Post by SniKeurS » 23 Feb 2017, 09:35

No date for the wave 2?

Prayr
True Believer

Post by Prayr » 28 Feb 2017, 00:23

I have never been so disappointed and let down by a game company!! This compares to the shutting down of SWG or the sudden closure of Tabula Rasa !! Following this game and owning YO since 2013, and no invite to the MMO beta!! Sad decision making imo for a company to reward those that joined a few months ago before rewarding those of us that have been here for years !!!

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 28 Feb 2017, 01:47

Tredo wrote:I have never been so disappointed and let down by a game company!! This compares to the shutting down of SWG or the sudden closure of Tabula Rasa !! Following this game and owning YO since 2013, and no invite to the MMO beta!! Sad decision making imo for a company to reward those that joined a few months ago before rewarding those of us that have been here for years !!!

You are invited to wave #2. Don't worry, it won't be long until you will start your adventure ;)

SniKeurS

Post by SniKeurS » 28 Feb 2017, 15:00

Arrakis wrote:
Tredo wrote:I have never been so disappointed and let down by a game company!! This compares to the shutting down of SWG or the sudden closure of Tabula Rasa !! Following this game and owning YO since 2013, and no invite to the MMO beta!! Sad decision making imo for a company to reward those that joined a few months ago before rewarding those of us that have been here for years !!!

You are invited to wave #2. Don't worry, it won't be long until you will start your adventure ;)

I heard that since 1 year...

Nomeatloaf
Zealous Believer

Post by Nomeatloaf » 28 Feb 2017, 15:27

That is quite cute, considering Life is feudal was not available on steam until September 2014.... so if you had bought it in 2013, you would HAVE access to the beta, and you would have this nice little yellow alpha tester tag next to your name. so unless you truly did buy it presteam, please calm your tits, and stop bitching. also, its not a REWARD. it is a CURSE. the bugs, the glitches, the crashes, the teleporting/phasing horses, and the random launches into the sky to death, cause the MMO to be quite hard to enjoy.
We will take your women, burn your villages, and drink from your skulls! - Sparhawk Battleborn

Prayr
True Believer

Post by Prayr » 04 Mar 2017, 04:27

Nomeatloaf wrote:

That is quite cute, considering Life is feudal was not available on steam until September 2014.... so if you had bought it in 2013, you would HAVE access to the beta, and you would have this nice little yellow alpha tester tag next to your name. so unless you truly did buy it presteam, please calm your tits, and stop bitching. also, its not a REWARD. it is a CURSE. the bugs, the glitches, the crashes, the teleporting/phasing horses, and the random launches into the sky to death, cause the MMO to be quite hard to enjoy.

Notice this part "FOLLOWING this game and owning YO since 2013" Maybe you didn't notice this: Joined: 31 Oct 2013 under my name!

Next let's look at this part "its not a REWARD. it is a CURSE. the bugs, the glitches, the crashes, the teleporting/phasing horses, and the random launches into the sky to death, cause the MMO to be quite hard to enjoy"

To playtest a game that you have FOLLOWED for the last 3 and half years, despite what the game is like, bugs and all. I playtest games to give feedback, provide ideas, test game breaking exploits, and do what I can to make the game better as it progresses through the development stages. Sounds like you like playtesting for the same reasons as I do !!

Nomeatloaf
Zealous Believer

Post by Nomeatloaf » 04 Mar 2017, 04:37

Tredo wrote:
Nomeatloaf wrote:

Notice this part "FOLLOWING this game and owning YO since 2013" Maybe you didn't notice this: Joined: 31 Oct 2013 under my name!

Next let's look at this part "its not a REWARD. it is a CURSE. the bugs, the glitches, the crashes, the teleporting/phasing horses, and the random launches into the sky to death, cause the MMO to be quite hard to enjoy"

To playtest a game that you have FOLLOWED for the last 3 and half years, despite what the game is like, bugs and all. I playtest games to give feedback, provide ideas, test game breaking exploits, and do what I can to make the game better as it progresses through the development stages. Sounds like you like playtesting for the same reasons as I do !!

Again, what you said there in English, means you both followed YO and OWNED it since 2013. so if that's the case, you should have access. if that is not what you mean, i think you need to reword it to Following the game since 2013, and i bought as soon as it came out on steam. just a suggestion.
We will take your women, burn your villages, and drink from your skulls! - Sparhawk Battleborn

Desmes

Post by Desmes » 05 Mar 2017, 17:39

Conversation that goes on here is like OW cbt, where everyone is crying how they should get into cbt, because they have been following it many years || is streamer || is blogger || been in beta tests before || speaks english || owning other game from same developers.
I am looking at these people like:

I am just happy that I get that 1 free char :3 Woop Woop

DaveSkillz
True Believer

Post by DaveSkillz » 05 Mar 2017, 22:07

[/quote]Again, what you said there in English, means you both followed YO and OWNED it since 2013. so if that's the case, you should have access. if that is not what you mean, i think you need to reword it to Following the game since 2013, and i bought as soon as it came out on steam. just a suggestion.[/quote]

Wait i mailed you a couple of months stating i owned YO since october as well as backing the game by a small amount. To which you said i didnt have access for that. Are you saying people who owned YO since 2013 have beta access?? if thats the case why havnt we (i bought into the mmo just wondering what you mean by this)

Nomeatloaf
Zealous Believer

Post by Nomeatloaf » 05 Mar 2017, 22:55

Wait i mailed you a couple of months stating i owned YO since october as well as backing the game by a small amount. To which you said i didnt have access for that. Are you saying people who owned YO since 2013 have beta access?? if thats the case why havnt we (i bought into the mmo just wondering what you mean by this)[/quote]

If you owned Life since October 2013, then you bought it before it was released on steam, and that ment you sent money through paypal to Bobik. if you did that, you need to contact them, as you should have the alpha tester tag. HOWEVER, if you bought it when it released on steam, in September 2014, then you should not have the alpha tester tag

Prayr
True Believer

Post by Prayr » 07 Mar 2017, 20:26

Nomeatloaf wrote:HOWEVER, if you bought it when it released on steam, in September 2014, then you should not have the alpha tester tag

So sounds to me like, if you have followed the game since Oct '13 or purchased it on steam in Sept '14, you don't get shit!!! IS that what you're saying?

But if you signed up a few months ago to be part of the alpha / beta test you get right in!! Pretty fucked up imo!

Nomeatloaf
Zealous Believer

Post by Nomeatloaf » 07 Mar 2017, 21:18

No, you got life is feudal Your Own, and fyi, if you have "followed the game since 2013" then you didn't invest anything, so you don't deserve anything. but i digress. we all bought life is feudal YOUR OWN, and with the GAME THAT WE BOUGHT, we got the right to a character in the MMO, that was not even in development. that's that. nothing has changed, we still have all that shit. now they are offering packages to buy into the MMO beta, and getting character slots. Cool! more people to play the mmo with! and if you really want to play the beta, buy the damn package. but we did not get "screwed"

Prayr
True Believer

Post by Prayr » 08 Mar 2017, 04:49

Nomeatloaf wrote:No, you got life is feudal Your Own, and fyi, if you have "followed the game since 2013" then you didn't invest anything, so you don't deserve anything.

I think you're missing my point. 2013, 3 and half years of playing, reading, watching, following, waiting. There are people that just signed up a few months ago, they got invite to alpha without purchasing a damn thing!!!

Here is what I found on first 2 pages of the list sorted by testers;

Gastenns 26 Mar 2016
ThorneRazeri 21 Oct 2016
Popers 03 Sep 2016
JTCrowder1 27 Oct 2016
Hurlzalot 31 Mar 2016
ErgoAnderson 30 Jul 2016
Ingwar_Oldy 02 Mar 2016
Easton88 11 Aug 2016
Losthorizon350 30 Nov 2016
Marilio 29 May 2016
Teleon 22 Oct 2016

These names are beta testers without buying a package to get to be a tester. All invited. That just joined this last year... and this was just the first 2 pages.

My point is, the company and their selection process left a lot of people that have been here since the beginning with a REALLY bad taste. There are 100's that have joined in the last year, didn't purchase a thing to get into the test, and yet they are beta testers. There are even more that have been here, that feel completely disregarded. Loyalty has no rewards with this company... clearly!!

Dragmar
Zealous Believer

Post by Dragmar » 08 Mar 2017, 06:27

Tredo wrote:
Nomeatloaf wrote:Gastenns 26 Mar 2016
ThorneRazeri 21 Oct 2016
Popers 03 Sep 2016
JTCrowder1 27 Oct 2016
Hurlzalot 31 Mar 2016
ErgoAnderson 30 Jul 2016
Ingwar_Oldy 02 Mar 2016
Easton88 11 Aug 2016
Losthorizon350 30 Nov 2016
Marilio 29 May 2016
Teleon 22 Oct 2016

I know several of those names. Leaders of clans that have been going in YO for years now, the fact that they didnt sign up on the forum before now means jack shit, they stil played the hell out of the game for 3 years. Not everyone needs to be a forum warrior.

Prayr
True Believer

Post by Prayr » 08 Mar 2017, 13:06

Then why even sign up at all? After "years" of playing why sign up just before the beta starts? Some of them have 0 posts. Leaders of clans that have 0 posts on a game they have played for years. I guess there is a first time for everything in any game.

Like I said, that was just names from the first 2 pages that joined this last year. Clearly my point is not getting across.

Dragmar you just joined in 2015, but I bet you have had the game since 2013 as well but waited 2 years to join the forums as well. And wow, look at you.. a beta tester as well. Just making a point that the selection process for beta was very messed up.

That is my only point.
Last edited by Prayr on 08 Mar 2017, 13:10, edited 1 time in total.

Return to General Discussion