Will there be a wipe before the release?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Grimmblut
Zealous Believer

Will there be a wipe before the release?

Post by Grimmblut » 25 Jan 2017, 20:46

Hi,

I've read rumors that there will be no wipe between beta phase #2 and the release. That is, all characters, buildings, guilds etc. that have been created in beta wave #2 will seamless continue to exist in the release version. Is this true or will there be a hard wipe before the game is officially released?

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Re: Will there be a wipe before the release?

Post by Khan- » 25 Jan 2017, 21:01

feeling-enlightened-now-t21250/

Arrakis wrote:Beta Wave #2
Who is eligible: Everyone who has Life is Feudal: Your Own in their Steam library or who purchased supporter packs or who have acquired a ticket for their character in-game
Start date (aprox.): In a few weeks after the end of Beta Wave #1
Duration (aprox.): 0.5 - One year
Wipe at the end?: No
Map resources shuffle?: No

not a rumor
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Asimov

Post by Asimov » 26 Jan 2017, 08:50

But if you have read something different once, you are right. In a roadmap from fall 2016 for the mmo, they did say their would be a wipe after wave 2. Sadly they have changed that.
I feel so sorry for new players buying a mmo game when it is released. They will come in to a fully build world with maybe 5k players. A game that might have been running for more then 1 year

Gruber

Post by Gruber » 26 Jan 2017, 11:12

Asimov wrote:I feel so sorry for new players buying a mmo game when it is released. They will come in to a fully build world with maybe 5k players. A game that might have been running for more then 1 year

What new players? There are only a very little amount of players who will join only the released MMO and do not have any sort of beta access. Anyone who is interested in LiF already has access to wave 2. I do not think that the final MMo release will have such a hugh impact in the gaming community that this will attract a lot of people to LiF.

Without a wipe after wave2 there is no reason not to attend in wave 2 anyway. Why should someone waiting to buy LiF if you can get full access to MMO and YO for only 10-15 bucks?

Tholld

Post by Tholld » 26 Jan 2017, 12:04

Gruber wrote:
Asimov wrote:What new players? There are only a very little amount of players who will join only the released MMO and do not have any sort of beta access.

+1.

But if there really would be a huge amount of new players they could setup a new server to start from the scratch.

Asimov

Post by Asimov » 27 Jan 2017, 08:49

Gruber wrote:
Asimov wrote:I feel so sorry for new players buying a mmo game when it is released. They will come in to a fully build world with maybe 5k players. A game that might have been running for more then 1 year

What new players? There are only a very little amount of players who will join only the released MMO and do not have any sort of beta access. Anyone who is interested in LiF already has access to wave 2. I do not think that the final MMo release will have such a hugh impact in the gaming community that this will attract a lot of people to LiF.

Without a wipe after wave2 there is no reason not to attend in wave 2 anyway. Why should someone waiting to buy LiF if you can get full access to MMO and YO for only 10-15 bucks?

I dont know if their will be new players, but even EVE online gets new players still.
Thing about gamers is, they try new games. We even breed new gamers.
So again i dont know if new players will start on game release, but i feel sorry for them if they do.
Start another server would be a good idea. But i hope for the Americans, that they will start a NA server first

Ajak
Zealous Believer

Post by Ajak » 16 Feb 2017, 22:41

Actually, there most certainly will be "new" players, like myself, and this beta wipe/non-wipe is a BIG issue.

I bought LiF in January last year, played on a couple servers with my guildmates, then we got tired of constantly having to switch servers as servers died out, and everyone basically stopped playing to wait for the MMO.

My guildmates and I originally are Mortal Online players (for those who don't know, basically the best successor to Ultima Online, but first person 3D), and a number of ppl also play EVE, Rust, etc. We are sandboxers, but almost everyone I know got tired of the private servers and are waiting it out for the MMO. Some did testing but got tired of wipes and are also waiting for final release.

So:

1) There will certainly be lots of new/returning players, I personally know dozens of people who haven't played since before the MMO tests but are eager to try it out at release.

2) Until doing some digging just now, I did not know the last beta was not going to wipe (and only from forum posts, so I'm still unsure if this is the case), so this information is not readily available.

3) As any sandboxer knows, getting in first is a HUGE advantage, if my guild (and we might group up with some other guilds for this), come into a game completely mapped out and controlled already, that will be a huge turnoff, and we may not play.

If there is no wipe, LiF staff need to spread the word, because otherwise those who want to return and build there own territory will be pissed they didn't know the real "launch" was at Beta 2. Very poor planning on the developers part if you ask me. I can't think of any other sandbox that didn't have a wipe before launch.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 17 Feb 2017, 02:15

It is not that hard for new players to gain skill and compete in the MMO.

First, know that most new players will be joining existing guilds.

Second those players who want to start out on their own will find enough resources (and enough destroyed city areas) to setup shop.

Third, those guilds who lose a war and lose their city will be running around looking for new places to set up shop.

Fourth, if for some reason the world is 'all full up', Bitbox will be adding more land masses. All of which has been discussed before.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Return to General Discussion