Who would like to see some Quest NPC?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
DEAD_RABBIT
Zealous Believer

Who would like to see some Quest NPC?

Post by DEAD_RABBIT » 15 Jan 2017, 19:21

I have seen people mention npcs, mostly to help defend etc. While I do not like that idea I wouldnt mind seeing a few scattered Quest npcs. Give us a little something to do when we burn ourselves out building.

Right now the game relies too heavily on people. And people tend to suck. Look at all the new spawn killing thats going on. Some side quest would really spice the game up.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Re: Who would like to see some Quest NPC?

Post by Khan- » 15 Jan 2017, 21:29

NPCs will only be hostiles (maybe the only one not hostile could be the saleman in the trading post)

and nope, I'm too bored of games with quests, npcs and ridiculous progression, there are far enough game with quests, npcs etc... you could find out the game you really need/want in a "MMORPG" game list

the game is made for the players, by the players and almost everything in the MMO will be only community drama. if we suck, don't play with us

:beer:
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Jakeman
Alpha Tester

Post by Jakeman » 15 Jan 2017, 22:11

themrsaxon wrote:I have seen people mention npcs, mostly to help defend etc. While I do not like that idea I wouldnt mind seeing a few scattered Quest npcs. Give us a little something to do when we burn ourselves out building.

Right now the game relies too heavily on people. And people tend to suck. Look at all the new spawn killing thats going on. Some side quest would really spice the game up.

the game relies too heavily on players? you know this is a sandbox game right? and not a themepark mmo leave the shity fetch quests in themepark mmos! i love the fact that you need other players to do anything worth while its a breath of fresh air to actually NEED a guild/clan instead of being able to do everything by yourself

Zerbe
Zealous Believer

Post by Zerbe » 06 Feb 2017, 14:54

themrsaxon wrote:Right now the game relies too heavily on people. And people tend to suck. Look at all the new spawn killing that's going on. Some side quest would really spice the game up.

Yes People tend to suck sometimes in this game and quest NPC's would just be another way for them to grief either by waiting near the NPC, or his quest objective and killing people. That or just straight up killing the NPC. If you implement quests, and I am only a proponent of quests if they are for a tutorial purpose to help players learn this game, you would need to do it though some self guided way sort of like how "7 Days to Die" has a simple instructional tutorial that teaches basic crafting and combat. I would also go to say that there should be no rewards, the reward is knowledge, and we all know knowledge is power.

Bafflegor
Zealous Believer

Post by Bafflegor » 18 Feb 2017, 13:42

I would be ok if when you kill an npc it drops some sort of quest to go kill more or something but as far as a guy in the city saying go kill me xyz and you get this I agree with jakeman. This is not that type of game.

Now I would have no issue having a player be the quest giver and say bring me 10 hides and I ll give you a knight sword but this is a sandbox.

And yes people do suck what you need or should do is find a group which does not suck to help avoid any issues.

Keep in mind that you cant even make a guild claim with less then 10 people.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 18 Feb 2017, 14:48

There will have quests in the game.

They will come from trade houses where players will be able to 'turn in' items for other items.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Return to General Discussion