Stuck on Initializing

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Worldsprayer
Alpha Tester

Stuck on Initializing

Post by Worldsprayer » 22 Dec 2016, 03:49

As the title says. It gets me to character selection screen almonst immediately but then i'm stuck on initializing screen indefinitely.
Service is Glory
Death in Service
Death is Glory

K_hampel
Zealous Believer

Re: Stuck on Initializing

Post by K_hampel » 22 Dec 2016, 04:06

Yep. Yesterday and today, 3 hours of initialization a piece, without getting to see the game.

Work.
Initialize.
Sleep.
Repeat.

Aetor
Beta Tester

Post by Aetor » 23 Dec 2016, 10:59

Ditto.

Zombieinahat
Zealous Believer

Post by Zombieinahat » 24 Dec 2016, 23:26

:%) same

Everal
Zealous Believer

Post by Everal » 25 Dec 2016, 18:30

This is a problem that has been happening to folks, including myself for almost two weeks and they haven't been able to solve it.

Brother

Post by Brother » 26 Dec 2016, 04:09

Alright folks, maybe I can help. This trick worked for me.

When stuck on initializing even after repairing the launcher and relaunching the game:

1. Open the console with Ctrl and ~
2. Wait for a few minutes. It can take up to 10. If still not working,
3. Paste this in console:

connectToGameServer()

4. If that doesn't work, try pasting the same command with your last server tile in between the (). If you're logging in for the first time, that would be:

connectToGameServer(25)

Step 3 worked for me last night. Hope this helps!

Stalkz
True Believer

Post by Stalkz » 27 Dec 2016, 07:09

I've only been able to log in once because of this. Absolutely ridiculous that this still hasn't been addressed. Thanks for the hour of beta access I was given.

Everal
Zealous Believer

Post by Everal » 27 Dec 2016, 23:47

Still not working, and now the "connectToServer" command no longer seems to function.

C838194050

Post by C838194050 » 28 Dec 2016, 07:53

:angel:
same!
Do not know how to restore!
I have waited for two hours, and this time to drink a cup of Okyalo Aloe drink, eat a packet of potato chips, the result is not repaired :cry:

Gungorwork
True Believer

Post by Gungorwork » 21 Feb 2017, 04:06

turn off firewall see if that works .

Jairone
True Believer

Post by Jairone » 21 Feb 2017, 05:03

I did a little further analysis of my results at the thread: initializing-t22553/

It may or may not help, but you are welcome to use it and see.

Halwende
True Believer

Post by Halwende » 21 Feb 2017, 21:30

same problem here; I hope there is a fix soon

Lord_Sitruc
True Believer

Post by Lord_Sitruc » 21 Feb 2017, 22:24

I got stuck so I just hit ctrl+~ right after I selected the character and let it run that way and got in shortly after doing that.

Shanepehle
True Believer

Post by Shanepehle » 21 Feb 2017, 22:56

Same Here I cant get into the server its stuck on Initializing

Girdian
True Believer

Post by Girdian » 22 Feb 2017, 01:38

I'm getting this issue now also. I got it after reinstalling the game and have tried the ctrl ~ solutions along with exiting and trying again. I have also tried to repair the game and did so successfully and have my firewall turned off. I keep hitting error after error with this game and am about fed up with it. Been playing LIF since alpha before monuments were even a thing and have over 2500 hours in and now I can't even participate in the tests, despite paying for it also, because I can't access the game due to hitting literally every error that people have posted on the forums.
Owner/Admin of The Great Kingdom

Girdian
True Believer

Post by Girdian » 22 Feb 2017, 01:54

I may have fixed it for me. I changed my graphic settings to how I play LIF:YO because the default is way too high for my computer. I still had to use the ctrl ~ to get past initializing but it actually worked unlike the previous times. I will test it again later and see if it starts to not work again.

RiderOfTheBlue
Devoted Believer

Post by RiderOfTheBlue » 22 Feb 2017, 03:11

Okay seriously? this guy above me has an obscure/vague fix that doesn't work for me? and no one else has posted a problem with initializing? im the only one, so all i have to say when asked about LiF is its a flip of coin, and if you can't get in than deal with it i guess. Great community relations.

Girdian
True Believer

Post by Girdian » 22 Feb 2017, 03:54

I have confirmed with several logins now that lowering my graphics via the menu option when you are selecting your character has helped me with this issue. My first login I had to use the connectoserver command still but ever since I have not had to use it.

Girdian
True Believer

Post by Girdian » 22 Feb 2017, 06:01

Alright well it seems that my fix was either irrelevant and I was just lucky enough for it to work a few times in a row or it was temporary. Either way, I am back to having this issue. I froze up in game, chat was still working but I could not move, and I exited the game and now am unable to get back in due to the initializing issue. Any dev feedback would be great as this issue is brought up both in this forum and in the beta testing forum but no comment has been made in regards to the issue or if they are even looking into it. Seems to be a pretty common error as three of my guildmates are having the same problem plus everyone in this discussion.

Crat
Zealous Believer

Post by Crat » 24 Feb 2017, 03:31

$100 + Error = 0 Playtime. :evil:

AtIas
True Believer

Post by AtIas » 24 Feb 2017, 06:19

I played yesterday with no problem. Today, endless initializing screen.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 24 Feb 2017, 15:17

There's a possible solution for this issue.

We have performed an experiment - disabled specific features in the firewall while enabling others. We believe that we have isolated the issue, and it may have something to do with United States networking companies routers.

Check this screenshot. It's this line: Protect against port scan (Blocks for one day any devices characterized as performing a port-scan on the WAN interface)

Alternatively, it could be a combination of modifications we've done to the router firewall.

Stefanpizetta
True Believer

Post by Stefanpizetta » 25 Feb 2017, 00:26

I have the same problem... most of times I can't connect. I'm trying to play from Brazil, after 4 or 5 tries the game connect to the server.

Snikhovsky
True Believer

Post by Snikhovsky » 25 Feb 2017, 12:45

Arrakis wrote:Check this screenshot. It's this line: Protect against port scan (Blocks for one day any devices characterized as performing a port-scan on the WAN interface)

Alternatively, it could be a combination of modifications we've done to the router firewall.

I believe it's not related since only some characters break but others work normally on same client.
Sorry, didn't read through, someone linked me this thread and said it was about black screen problem.

Zimr
True Believer

Post by Zimr » 25 Feb 2017, 19:33

Arrakis wrote:There's a possible solution for this issue.

We have performed an experiment - disabled specific features in the firewall while enabling others. We believe that we have isolated the issue, and it may have something to do with United States networking companies routers.

Check this screenshot. It's this line: Protect against port scan (Blocks for one day any devices characterized as performing a port-scan on the WAN interface)

yeah this don't work try again

VPjtran
True Believer

Post by VPjtran » 26 Feb 2017, 14:58

I'm also having problems connecting with the server. I literally just contributed all enthusiastically but then as soon as I tried to connect I got stuck on the initialization....... :evil:

Leez
True Believer

Post by Leez » 26 Feb 2017, 15:19

Zimr wrote:

Of course its not that. Its server side issue. For some reason server keeps your character connection even after You log out, so its stuck somewhere in between and it wont let You connect until your last connection is dropped. SERVER RESTART always helped this issue as a workaround until they fix the problem....

or just hope Your server number will restart by itself :O:

Mryuan
Beta Tester

Post by Mryuan » 26 Feb 2017, 16:01

Leez wrote:
Zimr wrote:

Of course its not that. Its server side issue. For some reason server keeps your character connection even after You log out, so its stuck somewhere in between and it wont let You connect until your last connection is dropped. SERVER RESTART always helped this issue as a workaround until they fix the problem....

or just hope Your server number will restart by itself :O:

no i thought this issue is cause by the upload speed

Borzol
Beta Tester

Post by Borzol » 26 Feb 2017, 19:55

sometimes i was stuck on initializing and when i turned off my firewall i was able to connect but since i froze during crossing servers i am unable to connect no matter what i do

Quiksup
Devoted Believer

Post by Quiksup » 26 Feb 2017, 20:03

I was able to get past initializing for the first time this morning. Had to log out and came back this afternoon and get stuck again :(

Return to General Discussion