MMO Interactive FAQ

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

EiresJason
Alpha Tester

Re: Interactive FAQ

Post by EiresJason » 02 Mar 2014, 17:38

What do you mean by "It will be disabled in a battleground random matchmaking." in the above question?

I'm confused as what you mean by "random matchmaking", it sounds like a sort of arena game feature :(

Is everything not happening in the open world like in DFUW? Like when there is a siege, if I wanted my clan to go and help the defenders, could I not just group up my members, and we all ride to the siege and just attack the attackers in the open world?

I think I remember reading that some things may be instanced or something but I hoped it was only being discussed.

If you could link me to a place where this is discussed more, please do :D

Thanks. (Also, sorry because I know this will have been answered before but i can't find the answer anywhere :()

Yes, there will be instanced battles for territory and just random arenas. But sieges are planned to be classic and random PvP too - in a one single persistent world ;)

EDIT: Ignore this. I read on the previous page it will be like 2-3months.

Do you have any idea how long Alpha will last? Will it be a week, two weeks, a few months, all the way up until beta, etc.?

Romus
Alpha Tester

Location: Colonia Claudia Ara Agrippinensium (Cologne), Germany

Post by Romus » 03 Mar 2014, 09:19

382. Will it be possible to buy a house in the starter town and rent it to players?
Absolutely Yes :D We will give those houses for rent to those who are interested. Though offer is limited of course ;)

Magar

Post by Magar » 06 Mar 2014, 10:16

About life in game:
383 There will be many NPC cities?
384 NPC mobs?

I hope game will be living its own life instead of our lives...
385 NPC will interact with each other? Some scripts?

(final boss) 386 Does NPC will be just standing do nothing objects?

There will be almost no NPCs and interaction with them will be minimal.

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 07 Mar 2014, 07:16

Please, avoid discussions in that topic to make it as tight and packed as possible. Thank you in advance.

P.S. Previous discussion posts deleted.

Evo
Alpha Tester

Post by Evo » 09 Mar 2014, 13:40

387. How trees and other objects that can be collected will reappear? After restarting the server like in Eve?

Trees will regrow slowly, but you can easily deforest all area around you. So it is in your interests to plant new ones. Some of resources ON trees (bark, apples, branches) will regenerate on server restart.

388. We can dig tunnels unlimited, but after several months of playing grounds will be full of holes?

We have heard it plenty of times, but we don't think that will happen. You can dig a hole in real life, but our world does not look to be totally digged up ;) Why? Because there is no reason for just digging a holes. In our game that will take some time, so people will dig something only if they need it (to get an ore, to dig a moat around walls and so on.

389. Is it possible to adopt a nomadic style of game?

Do not understand what that means. But you can roleplay as much as you like :)

Thanks! ;)
(Sorry for my bad English)

Thokan
Alpha Tester

Post by Thokan » 09 Mar 2014, 13:56

390. Will you be able to teleport home to your "bind" whilst carrying something (crate, chest, quern, etc)?
Nope. You can not perform any actions, while carrying an object on your back. Well, you can only drop it and that's all :)

Hoshiqua
Alpha Tester

Post by Hoshiqua » 09 Mar 2014, 17:09

391. Will a country or Kingdom be able to declare war on everyone ? I mean, just click a button -> war on everyone, even neutrals ! I know this has already been made, in a game called "Starmade", where you can freely consider neutrals enemies. That would allow "vikings" or "hordes" guilds to exist !

You can declare wars only on other Countries or Kigdoms (Guilds that have lands). And no, we plan no functionality for "Declare war on everyone" button. It simply won't be used at all or very rarely.

Elindor
True Believer

Post by Elindor » 10 Mar 2014, 04:46

392. Working off the previous question - what is going to be there to STOP groups from declaring war on everyone? If a group can declare war on as many groups they like at the same time without restrictions, couldnt they basically just negate many of the other systems in the game (notably land claims and alignment, etc)? Easy answer to this is "They will have too many enemies then" but I saw this happen in DFO and that doesn't solve the issue.

I don't see an issue here. If they will declare war on everyone - their Monument will be sieged and destroyed by any other guild or all together, thus degrading Country back to Order. And Orders can not declare wars. And if they are that strong that no one dares to destroy their monument, well, they had deserved their right to bully everyone without consequences.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 10 Mar 2014, 10:18

393. A question about immersion:
Seeing older screenshots of your custom built village again I think I can really immerse myself in "living" in this village of mine. I thought about what makes me feel immersed in a game like this and then Skyrim came to mind as my most immersive experience in the last year. Thinking about what makes me feel immersed in it I think it's the animations and interactions with my environment.

Will there be plenty of different animations just for doing random every day stuff, like sit on a chair, or sit on the ground and different animations for jobs to do like cutting wood, constructing stuff etc. ?

I think it will help immensely to make the player feel at home in the game.

We already have different animations for different crafting actions. But not that much as we might wish to. Also, we have almost no Roleplay/Emote animations like: sit, wave, bow, laugh etc Hope we will make them one day, but right now it is not our priority.

MrZeppo
Alpha Tester

Post by MrZeppo » 10 Mar 2014, 16:52

Evo wrote:389. Is it possible to adopt a nomadic style of game?

Do not understand what that means. But you can roleplay as much as you like :)

I was just about to ask this =P.

What he meant was can you live like a nomad, constantly moving around, living in a tent, having some cattle with you and maybe a pack horse, constantly traveling to new locations of the world.
Perfect for people that likes to explore.

I think it will be possible, but will be quite hard. We plan some trader carts as a way of transporting goods, so you will be able to fetch a lot of stuff with you. But without constant supply of food, metal and maybe wood in deserted areas - that's gonna be a hard life I think. Anyway, I hope you will answer that question to me one day ;)

Added » 10 Mar 2014, 20:42

Regarding the food problem in question 389.
Can you bring cattle to new locations?
Real life nomads often had cows and other cattle traveling with them.

Only transfer them the same way as other pocket ponies - in inventory. But you won't be able to move many at once.

I'm a cake warlord, second cake in command to be specific.

Nosfirebird

Post by Nosfirebird » 12 Mar 2014, 02:43

395. do you have a detection program that will detect aim bots and other programs that might aid a person in pvp and do you think aim bots and macros will be a problem within the game

I don't think that aimbot will be even possible. Aimbot for melee combat is like... hard to imagine. Well, I am aware about Darkfall "Stick to back" cheat, but I don't think it can work in our game. As about shooting itself - arrows and bolts will be travelling according to ballistic curve with a limited speed. So you will have to aim accordingly - I doubt any aimbot will be able to help you. It is not that easy as target someone head in a crosshair and shoot a bullet that flies instantly and without downforce.
As about macroes. It has been discussed already. We doubt that there will be real necessity for macroing, but we do not prohibit it. That will not give much of an advantage.

Telakh
Alpha Tester

Post by Telakh » 13 Mar 2014, 16:51

396. Lets imagine we have a prosperous guild and suddenly the guild leader goes absent for a few weeks.
Should there be a way to replace him in such case?

No. Unless he had left his account to someone.
ImageYou are entering    Time ParadoxImage

Evo
Alpha Tester

Post by Evo » 13 Mar 2014, 23:29

397. In a state of siege when we defend our city and if we die we can respawn instantly?

Almost instantly, ye, but you will suffer from ressurection sickness that will make you a VERY poor combatant. And duration of that sickness will increase with every your death.

398. Are there any limit about negative amount of standing?

Aprox. -1000 alignment. You don't want to get there I bet. A single death will result in a loss of 636 total skill points. 2 such deaths will almost wipe all of your character skills.

Toxikk
Alpha Tester

Post by Toxikk » 13 Mar 2014, 23:33

399. Will there be flying unicorns ? :)

... that will poop with rainbows and will eat your candy-floss that you will grow in a gardens of your flying castle. Sure, it will be implemented soon :crazy: :D

SirWinston
Alpha Tester

Post by SirWinston » 15 Mar 2014, 18:27

400. Are we going to be able to customize and decorate the inside of player buildings ?

It is not implemented yet, but it is quite high on our priority list. We have paintings, animal trophies, light sources and furniture for that case.
Spoiler

Archaegeo
Alpha Tester

Post by Archaegeo » 15 Mar 2014, 21:13

401. Will we be able to lower rock surfaces other than to open a tunnel, i.e. lower the slope of a face of rock?

Nope. Solid substances (rock, marble, granite) can not be lowered. You can only pour other substance on top of them to raise ground level. Or tunnel them.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 16 Mar 2014, 19:54

402. Will it be possibly to carry around a fellow player's body if he was beaten dead or half dead (including his loot) to a safer place where he could be healed?

It was not planned, but technically it is quite possible. But I think it will be way easier to bring him round locally, then drag him somewhere. Anyway, we will keep that idea in mind for some later times.

Archaegeo
Alpha Tester

Post by Archaegeo » 17 Mar 2014, 12:20

403. Is the skill loss from death taken randomly from all skills at some rate (ie, if losing 6 pts its divided by 100 amount all skills) or does it come off your highest skills first? (The latter would be my choice as that would hurt a LOT more and make death more meaningful)

It is a pure random.

Sting5

Post by Sting5 » 17 Mar 2014, 15:43

404. Question not found.

Kidding :) Wanted to ask how long the lootable items (swords, armor) will stay on the ground when dropped until they disappear? Also how do You think would disappearance of items made fom ores affect the game, I mean, resources are limited, and if items disappear, they can't be brought back, right?

Thanks!

:D
They will stay on the ground till the server restart. I don't think that limited resources would affect a game play much. Simply because there are PLENTY of those resources.
QUAERO TOTUS

Aheeia
Alpha Tester

Post by Aheeia » 17 Mar 2014, 22:49

405. Player to player trade. How will it work?

If you mean exactly player to player trade - it will be pretty standard. Target other player , inititate a trade, drop your items on your side, observe his items on his side. If everything is ok, just approve the trade.
If you mean global trading between players - it will be kinda like in EvE. Players will be able to build trading posts, and everyone will be able to observe its goods from anywhere in the world. But in order to buy those goods players will beed to bring their money to that post and fetch goods back to their base by themselves.

Archaegeo
Alpha Tester

Post by Archaegeo » 21 Mar 2014, 13:20

406. How is resurrection sickness planned to work?

A debuff that significantly lowers your regeneration rates and overall combat efficiency. Duration of that debuff is increased with every consecutive death in a short time period.

Added » 21 Mar 2014, 19:17

407. How does the "trespassing" alignment penalty work as far as timer? Is it applied instantly when someone targets you and says trespasser, or says trespassers with you in the radius? Or does that start a timer to let you have time to get off a deed you were only passing through?

I.E are we meant to zigzag around every claim we come across to avoid an instant -1?

there are 2 abilities that can mark you as a trespasser: single target and AoE. In both of them you will be instantly marked as a trespasser. No warnings (unless claim owner will do them by himself in chat).
You can avoid zigzaging if you see that claim is empty and noone will be able to flag you as a trespasser. Though, if you see that someone is on that claim - please, respect his claim rights and avoid trespassing.

And 406b. Are you able to amplify the current planned system as far as penalties it applies, duration it lasts?

We can discuss it and always change something. But I would avoid it before we gonna have it implemented and players will have just some time to use that system.

Virdill
Alpha Tester

Post by Virdill » 23 Mar 2014, 20:47

408: I was wondering if it is possible to build housing as basic, shacks and hut without having any expertise in construction. if you can not how do you survive in the early days of the game? It could be a self-sufficient lone player? (I ask this because currently we are 2 friends, and we do not intend to raise the branch of building construction)

Tiny shack can be constructed via "Construction material Preparation" skill. It is teir2 skill (right after terraforming), so it can be easily achieved.

P.S. What is "casuppole" :shock:

LOOOL google translator don't know this word
Casupola=hut
Last edited by Virdill on 24 Mar 2014, 08:27, edited 2 times in total.
Sorry for my bad English

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 23 Mar 2014, 21:13

409. Will there be blowing horns for battles you can equip as troop leader to give commands like gathering together, attack or retreat?
Nope, only voice commands.

410. Will there be church bells for towns which you can activate if an enemy approaches?
Nope.

Virdill
Alpha Tester

Post by Virdill » 24 Mar 2014, 08:49

411. will be possible to carry people on a wagon?

Nope :D

:(
you may implement this feature in the future? :oops:
Last edited by Virdill on 24 Mar 2014, 13:50, edited 2 times in total.
Sorry for my bad English

Tantal
Alpha Tester

Post by Tantal » 24 Mar 2014, 09:04

412. Is there a possibility to fight with 2 weapons? Like one axe and one sword? Or a sword and a "parrying dagger"? (Hope this is the right translation)

Ye, we've though about dual-wielding. Might we implement it sometime later, but that is not a priority for now.

Archaegeo
Alpha Tester

Post by Archaegeo » 24 Mar 2014, 14:41

413. Are you able to give us any details yet on how siege mechanics will work?

That is a long story really. But in few words we plan it to be as it was in Shadowbane and somewhat in Darkfall with a few tweaks. Tweaks like possibility to shift the window of opportunity for sieges start times, possibility of sapping under walls during stand off phase and so on.

Added » 24 Mar 2014, 18:19

414. Regarding the starter island and its daily wipe. When you pay up and leave for the mainland, do you get to go with a) your skills from starter island and/or b) your inventory from starter island?

Inventory will not be transferred for sure. Maybe some tutorial quests reward crafting tools to speed your start, but not more. Skill will be capped at 150 or so on newbie island and you will transfer all of them on the main land.

Added » 25 Mar 2014, 00:43

Question 414 begets 415.

415. Given that you can leave starter island with 150 pts total, do you plan to wipe starter island at a different time each day, for example every 23 or 25 hours?

(Justification would be people whose play time allows them to play 3 hours a night, but if their night had the wipe right in the middle of it, they wouldn't have the opportunities of someone who has 10 hours to muck about before the wipe.)

Wipe will be commenced during all servers maintenance period and we do not plan to shift it somehow. Current maintenance planned time is around 10-12 am GMT, that should be a start of a workday in EU and early-late night in US. Anyway, different timing opportunities will be less painful as soon as we will make a NA servers.

AceTheFlame

Post by AceTheFlame » 25 Mar 2014, 00:13

416. Any timeframe for when the Pre-alpha will be up and continue running? Instead of the on/off tests that have been happening?

I really hope for something more stable that Thursday. And maybe even more stable next week. So I'd say next week. But nothing is in stone with such complex system as ours 8-)

Archaegeo
Alpha Tester

Post by Archaegeo » 25 Mar 2014, 10:59

417. You mentioned a NA server above which will make a lot of folks very excited. Do you know when you plan on trying to bring it up? I.e. Darkfall didn't have theirs out for quite a bit after launch and probably lost some players because of the long delay.

Can not provide any details or dates ATM, but at least we had started moving in that direction.

417a. Are you able to say if you shooting for NA Server to be up pre or post launch?

Bobik wrote:Can not provide any details or dates ATM ...

418. There is a section in the Wiki for a skill called Equipment Maintain. (http://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Equipment_maintain) Are you able to provide any details at this time on this skill, the plan for item decay/removal from the game from use (vice things left on the ground which you have covered previously)? Etc.

Maybe sometime later.

Related:
419. Will low skill crafted items have a purpose (replacing those removed from game)? Or do you see low skill crafted items as just being things used to get to the good stuff?

If you mean low quality items, then I think they will be even more useful then high Q ones. Low Q sword will still do good damage, low Q hammer still can be useful to craft armor or construct buildings. Quality of items is important, but that should not be the most important part and low quality items still effective.

420. Will there be stat requirements for using gear or doing any actions? Or are stats only going to determine what is listed on the Wiki currently? I.E. will there be a minimum strength requirement in addition to Plate Armor skill to wear plate armor (beyond what is needed to carry the weight of course, substitute other example, ie, minimum intelligence along with alchemy to make a certain potion)

Nope, there will be no stats requirements for different abilities or items.

421. What happens to a higher tier skill if a lower tier drops below the requirement? i.e. if I have 90 armorsmithing, which requires 60 in all sub skills, if my mining drops to 59, what happens to all skills above it? Do they become unusable but stay at their value? Or must you lower from highest tier first?
IT simply can not happen. Only higher tier skills will drop first, if their lower tier skills are at 60.

Thanks for all the replies, you Rock Bobik, ill do wiki updates as applicable.

422. Will there be delayed logout if in combat where your characters stays in game?

Your character will stay for 20 secs in game after you have pressed Exit button or disconnected or unplugged your network cable on purpose :)
Last edited by Archaegeo on 25 Mar 2014, 20:27, edited 1 time in total.

Paskiboy

Post by Paskiboy » 29 Mar 2014, 16:03

423. Will there be instruments that you are able to play using your keyboard to actually make the different tones?

Nope.

RoboSenshi
Alpha Tester

Post by RoboSenshi » 10 Apr 2014, 02:08

424. About personal pvp. Will there be a duel function? In that If I get into a heated argument with someone and it comes to the point where we want to kill each other, will there be a system in place where we both accept the fact that it's a duel to the death? So that when one kills the other he won't suffer any alignment loss. The defeated can still lose skill points though just to keep the kill penalties constant.
There are no plans for that yet, but we might implement it sometime later.

Return to General Discussion