[Forestry] Make it easier to plant the sprouts you want

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Ixchael
True Believer

[Forestry] Make it easier to plant the sprouts you want

Post by Ixchael » 24 Dec 2016, 22:15

Typically, when I run around gathering sprouts, there are sprouts that I want to keep (to plant on my claim) and sprouts that I want to plant right then and there.

The only thing you can choose when planting, though, is the type of tree you wish to plant. And since all sprouts look exactly alike, you have to do an enormous amount of inventory management to accomplish that.

I'd like to make a two suggestions that I feel would help foresters a lot:
1) Give sprouts different icons so you can tell them apart at a glance, making it easier to organize.
2) Allow you to select a specific sprout you wish to plant. This would be by right-clicking on the sprout (it always has a menu with the 'Drop' option) or it could be similar to how taming a wild animal works, where a window pops up, allowing you to choose the exact food you wish to give it.

Daynosdenory

Re: [Forestry] Make it easier to plant the sprouts you want

Post by Daynosdenory » 02 Mar 2017, 13:03

Not only the sprouts ;).

In some cases, for example when you have different quality of dirt while terraforming, you'd like to be able to choose which one you want to use first :
- use first [low quality] [high quality]

Or even options to quickly choose wich resources you want to use when terraforming :
- use forest soil when terraforming : [yes] [no]
- use fertile soil when terraforming : [yes] [no]

(yes, you can drop dirt/stones from your inventory then flatten it, but I'm not sure it's the way we're supposed to play...)

Return to Feedback Section