Life is Frustrating

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Twobit
True Believer

Life is Frustrating

Post by Twobit » 01 Mar 2017, 21:43

The game has changed a lot since its first release and I thank you for the improvments. I will now raise subjects which are killing this game for me.

1. Tree growth rates
2. Storage - to build a warehouse it will take months.
3. Defense - relates to tree growth and skill point. 90 smelting to build a gate is a bit well ridiculous.
4. Damage on using buildings, kitchen forge bloomery, is ridiculous. was it actually calculated how many forges it takes to get to lvl 60 blacksmith etc? I have gone through 2 kitchens to get to lvl 37 cooking. Some will say its the quality of items used in the build. Yes it is but when the trees take weeks to grow most other buildings take all the trees around the area, there is not much choice. Repair kits are totally useless and the skill to 30 uses once again timber.

Launcher is also frustrating, however I can work around that.
I was excited for the second round of the MMO test and when i finally got to log in it was disapointing to say the least.

Dragmar
Zealous Believer

Re: Life is Frustrating

Post by Dragmar » 01 Mar 2017, 21:49

Twobit wrote:The game has changed a lot since its first release and I thank you for the improvments. I will now raise subjects which are killing this game for me.

1. Tree growth rates
3. Defense - relates to tree growth and skill point. 90 smelting to build a gate is a bit well ridiculous.
4. Damage on using buildings, kitchen forge bloomery, is ridiculous. was it actually calculated how many forges it takes to get to lvl 60 blacksmith etc? I have gone through 2 kitchens to get to lvl 37 cooking. Some will say its the quality of items used in the build. Yes it is but when the trees take weeks to grow most other buildings take all the trees around the area, there is not much choice. Repair kits are totally useless and the skill to 30 uses once again timber.

I was excited for the second round of the MMO test and when i finally got to log in it was disapointing to say the least.

I think a lot of your issues become rather minimal when you have a group of a decent size. And that's the design of this game, to "force" ppl to work together, you know, like MMO's are ment to be played. :)

Twobit
True Believer

Post by Twobit » 02 Mar 2017, 08:19

yes one would think it appear that way. I would believe it would actually be worse the larger the group.
Construction=timber
Charcol = timber
Masonry - timber
building house so on and so forth.

100 people in a group would clean a forest out in hours then wait 3-4 weeks for replenishment. with semi built walls gates etc as all members would be trying to skill up utilising all resources to do so.
average skill point is 0.14582 after 30. this means it would take 7 items to make a single point.
100 players trying to get points after 30 = 700 items for 1 point
21000 approx items to get to 60 points. 21000 handles, 21000 billets 21000 logs etc. Average tree holds 20-25 billets, 1-5 building logs, 20 branches. too feed the players in trees alone thats 1050 trees for billets. Most will say we will have Huge forests, ok true but think of that quote Huge forests. Minimum of 4700 plus trees so on and so forth... these are all approx values some skill food may change points etc

Losthorizon350
Beta Tester

Post by Losthorizon350 » 02 Mar 2017, 10:09

Twobit wrote: I was excited for the second round of the MMO test and when i finally got to log in it was disapointing to say the least.

I would agree with you if it was the final release of the whole thing. But it's just beta. And as a beta testers we should be more patient with this issues IMHO. Devs are not dummies at all. They will definitely fix this stuff before the OBT stage. I hope. :)

RaskolnickOFF
Beta Tester

Post by RaskolnickOFF » 02 Mar 2017, 10:55

its hardcore game, with wars for resourses. Ppl like u - casual players, ruin dat game, ruin fun. :evil:

join big guild, where foresters plant big amount trees every day, or leave and stop cry. :crazy:

Losthorizon350
Beta Tester

Post by Losthorizon350 » 02 Mar 2017, 12:34

RaskolnickOFF wrote:its hardcore game, with wars for resourses. Ppl like u - casual players, ruin dat game, ruin fun. :evil:

join big guild, where foresters plant big amount trees every day, or leave and stop cry. :crazy:

Too much pressure for a single post, man. What are you, Russian? :oops:

Dragmar
Zealous Believer

Post by Dragmar » 02 Mar 2017, 20:56

Twobit wrote:yes one would think it appear that way. I would believe it would actually be worse the larger the group.
Construction=timber
Charcol = timber
Masonry - timber
building house so on and so forth.

100 people in a group would clean a forest out in hours then wait 3-4 weeks for replenishment. with semi built walls gates etc as all members would be trying to skill up utilising all resources to do so.
average skill point is 0.14582 after 30. this means it would take 7 items to make a single point.
100 players trying to get points after 30 = 700 items for 1 point
21000 approx items to get to 60 points. 21000 handles, 21000 billets 21000 logs etc. Average tree holds 20-25 billets, 1-5 building logs, 20 branches. too feed the players in trees alone thats 1050 trees for billets. Most will say we will have Huge forests, ok true but think of that quote Huge forests. Minimum of 4700 plus trees so on and so forth... these are all approx values some skill food may change points etc

Well ok, let me just do an inventory then.
Currently we've built: 80 Big Stone Houses, 10 Stables, 3 Barns, 7 Warehouses, 1 Large Warehouse, Carpenters Shop, Herbalist Shop, Blacksmith Shop, Siege Engineers Shop, Kitchen, 70 Herb Gardens double set of stone walls and a bunch of other smaller stuff.

And we stil have wood both grown and growing.
It's all about planing and teamwork.

Tom_hoffer
True Believer

Post by Tom_hoffer » 02 Mar 2017, 21:00

Twobit wrote:The game has changed a lot since its first release and I thank you for the improvments. I will now raise subjects which are killing this game for me.

1. Tree growth rates

Sounds like you need somone who can plant and raise trees.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 03 Mar 2017, 04:15

Dragmar wrote:Well ok, let me just do an inventory then.
Currently we've built: 80 Big Stone Houses, 10 Stables, 3 Barns, 7 Warehouses, 1 Large Warehouse, Carpenters Shop, Herbalist Shop, Blacksmith Shop, Siege Engineers Shop, Kitchen, 70 Herb Gardens double set of stone walls and a bunch of other smaller stuff.

And we stil have wood both grown and growing.
It's all about planing and teamwork.

Umm, it also helps that you had a large guild in the beta, along with another large guild, who setup in a rich forest. Now I'm not knocking you for that, but you can hardly use that as a measuring line.

That said, this game is about a lot of things, but two of those major features are resource management and logistics. We specifically setup where we did to force both.

Its been an interesting and learning experiment.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Twobit
True Believer

Post by Twobit » 03 Mar 2017, 21:42

RaskolnickOFF wrote:its hardcore game, with wars for resourses. Ppl like u - casual players, ruin dat game, ruin fun. :evil:

Intelligence is not your forte is it? Im giving you my account of issues that will come up. Do you really believe that every player that plays this game will be forced to join large guilds? Let me introduce you to English language, russian language, german language...
10 Australians arent going to join a russian group, so this great big answer of join a big guild is tiring and pointless. WE DONT SPEAK THEIR LANGUAGE!!!!
So far the english speaking groups are different time zones, nothing can be coorinated.
building 80 large houses is great but i also know that many large guilds have an alt guild to build tree farms and food farms with alts.
Is this how the game will evolve? everyone needs alts to ensure their guild is fed and building materials are available.

Lets hope this beta isnt the final resolve to the MMO and trees are fixed.

RaskolnickOFF
Beta Tester

Post by RaskolnickOFF » 03 Mar 2017, 23:12

Twobit wrote:

Intelligence is not your forte is it? Im giving you my account of issues that will come up. Do you really believe that every player that plays this game will be forced to join large guilds? Let me introduce you to English language, russian language, german language...
10 Australians arent going to join a russian group, so this great big answer of join a big guild is tiring and pointless. WE DONT SPEAK THEIR LANGUAGE!!!!
So far the english speaking groups are different time zones, nothing can be coorinated.
building 80 large houses is great but i also know that many large guilds have an alt guild to build tree farms and food farms with alts.
Is this how the game will evolve? everyone needs alts to ensure their guild is fed and building materials are available.

Lets hope this beta isnt the final resolve to the MMO and trees are fixed.

10 ppl enouth if they play every day, your forester need to plant every day 20-30 trees, and u can cut it. but if your country have only 10 players and they play 1 hour per week, nobody cares of them :crazy: Life is feudal :evil:

Popers
Beta Tester

Post by Popers » 05 Mar 2017, 10:36

Twobit wrote:

You are native english speaker and you can't find guild becouse you don't know language? :crazy: It is ridiculous

I've joined first international clan in multiplayer game, when i was about 10-12yo. English isn't my first language, and we had people from UK, Italy, Germany, Poland etc. Maybe it wasn't mmo, becouse there wasn't much of them at the time, but still communication wasn't a problem.

Situation you are having is a push factor to establish town with people from different time zones and cooperate. You don't even have to be in the same guild, you can just place monuments close to each other, and connect walls, so you can have one town with couple gates so every guild can have its own. This way every guild can focus on something different and trade with each other. And the leaders of every guild would be a council, which decides on politics.
It shouldn't be a problem becouse every guild has at least couple people speaking english well.

You can also become contractor for some bigger guild to supply them with something in exchange for their wood.

You can form a trading union... There are plenty of possibilities to survive.

But you've got a point on 2. Storage - this game seriously needs bigger variety of buildings made of mostly rock/sandrock/mud bricks/ceramic bricks. All houses/warehouses/shops/schools/and possibly barns should have couple material possibilities so every region can be liveable, and can have its own "culture".

also 3. Defenses - in my opinion most critical buildings like simple houses/barns/warehouses/klin/forge/defenses should be buildable with 0-50 construction/masonry. lvl 50-100 should be for better version and more sophisticated buildings like keep or school or chapel or tavern or something +higher durability so you can actualy do something you need to lvl up this skill.... It should be this way with every skill actualy, so this game won't be repulsive for newcomers. When you have to do over and over things you don't need right now just to lvl up it quickly gets boring...

lvl 0 and 30 should unlock half of things from the tree. lvl 60 like 1/3-1/4, and 90 and 100 some single improvments +better quality, so grinding won't be boring on low lvls...

Losthorizon350
Beta Tester

Post by Losthorizon350 » 07 Mar 2017, 09:22

Popers wrote:
Twobit wrote:

You are native english speaker and you can't find guild becouse you don't know language? :crazy: It is ridiculous

I've joined first international clan in multiplayer game, when i was about 10-12yo. English isn't my first language, and we had people from UK, Italy, Germany, Poland etc. Maybe it wasn't mmo, becouse there wasn't much of them at the time, but still communication wasn't a problem.

Situation you are having is a push factor to establish town with people from different time zones and cooperate. You don't even have to be in the same guild, you can just place monuments close to each other, and connect walls, so you can have one town with couple gates so every guild can have its own. This way every guild can focus on something different and trade with each other. And the leaders of every guild would be a council, which decides on politics.
It shouldn't be a problem becouse every guild has at least couple people speaking english well.

You can also become contractor for some bigger guild to supply them with something in exchange for their wood.

You can form a trading union... There are plenty of possibilities to survive.

But you've got a point on 2. Storage - this game seriously needs bigger variety of buildings made of mostly rock/sandrock/mud bricks/ceramic bricks. All houses/warehouses/shops/schools/and possibly barns should have couple material possibilities so every region can be liveable, and can have its own "culture".

also 3. Defenses - in my opinion most critical buildings like simple houses/barns/warehouses/klin/forge/defenses should be buildable with 0-50 construction/masonry. lvl 50-100 should be for better version and more sophisticated buildings like keep or school or chapel or tavern or something +higher durability so you can actualy do something you need to lvl up this skill.... It should be this way with every skill actualy, so this game won't be repulsive for newcomers. When you have to do over and over things you don't need right now just to lvl up it quickly gets boring...

lvl 0 and 30 should unlock half of things from the tree. lvl 60 like 1/3-1/4, and 90 and 100 some single improvments +better quality, so grinding won't be boring on low lvls...

I really doubt he's a native speaker, dude. His grammar and vocabulary is ridiculous. :%)

Twobit
True Believer

Post by Twobit » 10 Mar 2017, 23:48

My Grammar.... really .. Out of everything Ive noted in this game it comes down to grammar and spelling.
Constructive comments always get flamed by trolls and they live in every forum.

To the guys that made sensible comments, I thank you.

Paulo

Post by Paulo » 11 Mar 2017, 03:08

I do not have great English. But I see that in this game exclusively if it's good for me I do not care if it's bad for you. I gave up the game for trolls, people without patience and even people who only care about their guild and friends. I support who opened the topic as support some critics who want to improve. I see a lot of "arrogant" people who talk too much and everything is delayed ... car with delayed animal ... Or I'm in a hurry ... I can not say for sure. And if it is the case of a regional game, that sells the Russian only in russia. But I think the color of the money that pay all this ... do not look at the grammar, right?

Return to Feedback Section