[Forest Village] MAJOR Overhaul and update (Part 1) (0.9.6100)

Everything you need to know about what’s happening in Life is Feudal.
Arrakis

[Forest Village] MAJOR Overhaul and update (Part 1) (0.9.6100)

Post by Arrakis » 07 Mar 2017, 18:22

Life is Feudal: Forest Village

Hey villagers!

The development process is not as easy of a task as it might initially seem at the first glance! Sometimes, thousands of hours of development that are done behind the scenes may result in something that is not that obvious and easy to notice by you guys. However, these things are vitally important for the stability, performance and future features of the game - so thank you for being so patient!

In this patch is the first part of a major game code overhaul, which is aimed to drastically increase the stability and performance of the game. The second part of this update is hopefully going to be out in about two weeks, to complete this very important update.

Patch notes (ver. 0.9.6100):

New features and tweaks:
  • Major overhaul and optimization of terraforming, AI, scripts and pathfinding subsystems of the game
  • Multiple additions to the modding and scripting subsystems. Modders can now create new buildings, UI elements and even debug scripts
  • You can rotate and place buildings freely now with free rotation angles and automatic terrain smoothing under buildings
  • New terraforming tool allows you to set a height for terraforming flattening
  • Pinned UI windows will now be saved
  • Building window can now be minimized
  • Starting zone is clearer now for an easier start
  • You can block alcohol usage in resource windows now. The same way you block other resources
  • Villagers will eat honey in the same way as other food products
  • Added new grass, environmental props, farm crops, roads and other object textures and model content
Bug fixes:
  • Farms and orchards drainage action has been fixed and works properly now
  • Fixed a bug that would properly restore your game when resuming a PC from sleep mode
  • Fixed invisible mules that allowed for villagers to move resources without them
  • Fixed an issue with toddlers dying and disappearing if they are left without a house (in case of a fire, for instance)
  • Fixed a bug, which caused the ‘Snowflake’ icon to not appear above some houses despite them running out of fuel
  • Fixed a bug that would suddenly move the camera to a random area of the map during the tutorial
  • Fixed villager naming bugs, which would result in female names on males and vice versa
  • Fixed minimap visualization bugs that caused some shore parts to look like water on the minimap
- The team

Digdug

Re: MAJOR Overhaul and update (Part 1) (0.9.6100)

Post by Digdug » 07 Mar 2017, 20:26

You do realize there is an MMO you guys sold people right?
Maybe try and finish one thing before starting another.

Google it.

Dragmar
Zealous Believer

Post by Dragmar » 07 Mar 2017, 20:28

Digdug wrote:You do realize there is an MMO you guys sold people right?

Google it.

2 different games, developed by 2 different companies, PUBLISHED by the same company.

So get your facts straight... Google it!

Nomeatloaf
Zealous Believer

Post by Nomeatloaf » 07 Mar 2017, 21:32

Digdug wrote:You do realize there is an MMO you guys sold people right?

Google it.

ahhh, those that have no brain still somehow manage to type.
We will take your women, burn your villages, and drink from your skulls! - Sparhawk Battleborn

Scratchit
True Believer

Post by Scratchit » 07 Mar 2017, 21:35

please seperate the forums, this is getting very confusing :/

TK300
True Believer

Post by TK300 » 11 Mar 2017, 07:40

Why do you post this into the same forum?? You just confuse people that way..

Zennoya
Alpha Tester

Post by Zennoya » 11 Mar 2017, 11:14

AT LEAST write game name in the topic of the post... This forum is so badly organized its hard to find anything...

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 12 Mar 2017, 01:49

We are including name of the game at the very beginning of each announcement we post on forums for quite a while now. How is it still confusing? Also, you can view fully separated news by hovering over game titles on the top right and selecting 'News'.

Nomeatloaf
Zealous Believer

Post by Nomeatloaf » 12 Mar 2017, 05:39

Arrakis wrote:We are including name of the game at the very beginning of each announcement we post on forums for quite a while now. How is it still confusing? Also, you can view fully separated news by hovering over game titles on the top right and selecting 'News'.

the problem is, people lack the ability to read
We will take your women, burn your villages, and drink from your skulls! - Sparhawk Battleborn

Yotoni
Zealous Believer

Post by Yotoni » 12 Mar 2017, 10:48

We are including name of the game at the very beginning of each announcement we post on forums for quite a while now. How is it still confusing? Also, you can view fully separated news by hovering over game titles on the top right and selecting 'News'.

When you go to "Life is feudal:MMO" page, then select "News" from the MMO related topics, on that same page is a "recent forum threads" column on the right that feeds mixed news from both MMO and Forest village.

The confusion comes from that people think they are on the MMO page where only MMO related topics are visible. So if the title doesn't tell, MMO intereseted people also end up in Forest village pages.

Zennoya
Alpha Tester

Post by Zennoya » 13 Mar 2017, 00:04

Arrakis wrote:We are including name of the game at the very beginning of each announcement we post on forums for quite a while now. How is it still confusing? Also, you can view fully separated news by hovering over game titles on the top right and selecting 'News'.

How its confusing?
I go to Bethesda forums ( http://forums.bethsoft.com/ ). At first page i see game names and choose the one i want to read about, info, patchnotes etc.
I go to EA forums ( https://forum.ea.com/ ) . At first page i see game names and choose the one i want to read about, info, patchnotes etc.
I go to Paradox forums ( https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/ ). At first page i see "Games" tab when i see game names and choose the one i want to read about, info, patchnotes etc.
Same in all other publishes.

And here? I open forum to see patch notes. I see LiF MMO + YO tab and LiF:FV tab. So i teg to the mmo tab. Theres no patch notes there. Ok, I go back and i go to News tab. Get in, see the topic with patch notes. But whats that? What game? I need to get inside to check it out. Yeah, wrong game. I ended up here, seeing Forest Village which i o dont even have. Ok, go back search for the one to the game i have.
I see some other ones named "Crops Growth Fix (1.1.8.1) " i get in. And again Naah, its LiF:YO. Ok i continue to search. But wait. Theres patch notes tab on the top. Ill check there. Yay, i see the patch notes with the names and i can check which game they belongs too without gettin in. But wait... theres no Crops Growth Fix patch name here for YO. Are those the same patches that were in the previous folder? Or different ones? After a bit of research it seems the same, but with different discusions and different names. Why they are duplicated if they are about the same stuff? Maybe Patchnotes are locked for comments ? Nope. Theres discussion there too. Hmm. I dont know. Lets check some Dev News then. I get in and WHOAA. Theres "forrest village" separated folder. It means others are YO and MOO right? Wrong. "Development News #15 - Forest Village Launch + New site + some News!" in the main folder. That means i need to check which belongs to the FV and which to YO and MMO. But theres not an single gamename in most of those.

Its not "a bit" confusing to You? This forum is huge mess with duplicates, all games mixed together in same folders.

You should have all games separated to a different folders. Have Patch notes folder with locked patch notes, so they are in order of releasing, not people comment, and have people comment them elsewhere. Then you will be able to say its not confusing. But ofcourse noone cares, its not confusing to You, and all those people that complains are idiots that cant read... Gnight.

Return to News and Information