MMO - Single player options

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Holden

MMO - Single player options

Post by Holden » 08 Mar 2017, 15:59

Can someone point me in the right direction for clarifying how the single player or smaller group experience might be?

I've heard that if you do not have 10+ in your group, you cannot build a claim/monument (or whatever its called)? And even if you do, and there is a larger group in the area, you will have to join them or be gobbled up by their claim/monument as it grows?

As a single player or someone who just wants to build a small farm, and not necessarily farm for 'the group', is that even possible without every other person grieving us and all our stuff?

I thought i read somewhere you could purchase, with real money, land that is considered 'yours' or 'pve' space, is that a thing?

Kildrith
Zealous Believer

Re: MMO - Single player options

Post by Kildrith » 08 Mar 2017, 16:06

using real life money you can rent a house from the starting city.

However once you move away and you are beyond the starting city, then as a solo player or a player who is part of a small group that does not attempt to take part in politics "IE Learn who your neighbors are, find out who are good players to ally with and who to stay away from" then yes most likely you will have a really bad time.

Chances are good you will have to work with a larger organization but that is not always a bad thing, my guild is looking to make a space for smaller groups to work together on the NA server to help each other stop greifers and the likes.

You also do have the option to create alts to fill up your guild so you can place a guild monument, which is much more protected then a private claim and gives you a much larger amount of space to play with.

BlackjackBarret
Devoted Believer

Post by BlackjackBarret » 08 Mar 2017, 16:36

Hello there, I would advise not purchasing 9 alts, it is a way to get 10 people but it should cost some money for each one. I don't know much about the personal claims since they where just released but please read the rest of my argument as I show some very valid points.

Even if say you created a small place for yourself and kept quiet and secluded. How do you plan to protect your small claim by yourself if say a judgement hour happened? would you build walls for yourself with an alt to help protect yourself? Would you be able to create weapons for yourself or trade for them? Would you be enough to stop an invading party?

I would advise joining a larger group such as the one I am with. There are many types of groups out there, some who force collaboration, some who promote individuality and some who just don't do anything. The group I am with, Aberon, promotes individuality. Our members do what they want to do, however if something is urgently needed such as stone for walls we may ask our members to suspend their current tasks in order to help get stone.

Now after considering all this and maybe a bit more what if I told you I could possibly help you become settled within Aberon? What if I told you we'd be willing to work with you in order to get you a nice farm set up within one of our territories? What if I told you we'd provide protection as well? All that we would ask of you in return is to help our own community grow. This is easily done by providing some of the goods you would be producing for what our other craftsman can make for you. Another benefit you would receive is guidance from our other farmers who could teach you even more productive methods of farming.

If this sounds promising or you have some questions please feel free to contact me on steam, just look for Blackjack Barret. I'll be happy to accommodate you in any way that I can.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 08 Mar 2017, 17:28

Generally the most viable option for solo players (if the their religion forbids them joining established guilds) is to settle up near a big group (asking them first of course) and do farming. They will help setting up the farm, provide tools, food and protection, but will get the farming stuff products as payment. Let's say hired :)

Other viable options that come to my mind are hunter (sell high q fishes and any q thick leathers to the big guilds), trader (traveling to different regions to exchange/trade regional resources with some profit) or run logistics (you will find enough big customers to transport stuff between their outposts like tons of straw from farming claim to the city).

Lord_Sitruc
True Believer

Post by Lord_Sitruc » 08 Mar 2017, 18:46

Sharana wrote:Generally the most viable option for solo players (if the their religion forbids them joining established guilds) is to settle up near a big group (asking them first of course) and do farming. They will help setting up the farm, provide tools, food and protection, but will get the farming stuff products as payment. Let's say hired :)

Other viable options that come to my mind are hunter (sell high q fishes and any q thick leathers to the big guilds), trader (traveling to different regions to exchange/trade regional resources with some profit) or run logistics (you will find enough big customers to transport stuff between their outposts like tons of straw from farming claim to the city).

Agree with all of this, I think to many people think in competitive terms right now. (which I think is normal at this point in the game) but I think a lot of solo players will have a less difficult time then many of us are imagining, they will just need to make trade partners with large groups of people. Much as how huntsmen and others did in the past.

If we had 3 solo farmers and 4 huntsmen settle in our little region and trade us food stuffs for metal tools or other things. It would probably become a dream come true.

On top of that they would probably produce more overall since they are doing it for fun while a lot of the people in the big guilds do it because they need to in order to get to that next pvp fight.

Nomeatloaf
Zealous Believer

Post by Nomeatloaf » 08 Mar 2017, 19:11

Absolutely! i am a huge fan of hunters and farmers that trade their crops and such for tools and other stuff, like protection. welcome to the feudal ages! but the problem right now, is that people don't care about alignment, and they kill all the little sub 10 man groups.
We will take your women, burn your villages, and drink from your skulls! - Sparhawk Battleborn

Jamaicus
True Believer

Post by Jamaicus » 08 Mar 2017, 21:11

Hey OP, playing solo is definitaly viable! Im doing it and so far its difficult at first, but once you get going its really a lot of fun and id rather that then team up or join a group. I will give you one tip.. find a good, hidden spot. Preferably difficult to get to. My location took me 3 hours of scaling mountains. In 4 weeks nobosy has disturbed my location!

Nomeatloaf
Zealous Believer

Post by Nomeatloaf » 08 Mar 2017, 21:44

Jamaicus wrote:Hey OP, playing solo is definitaly viable! Im doing it and so far its difficult at first, but once you get going its really a lot of fun and id rather that then team up or join a group. I will give you one tip.. find a good, hidden spot. Preferably difficult to get to. My location took me 3 hours of scaling mountains. In 4 weeks nobosy has disturbed my location!

hey, if you had settled in good farmland nearish large groups, it might be better for you, as you could trade with them
We will take your women, burn your villages, and drink from your skulls! - Sparhawk Battleborn

Jamaicus
True Believer

Post by Jamaicus » 08 Mar 2017, 22:12

Yes very true! Although I would rather my settlement secluded and transport goods too and from a claim discreetly. I plan on trading but will use the noob city security for that. Solo players dont give up hope! I am making out there and havent even relied on an alt yet! Thats the magic of this game. Its true sandbox element!

Fireraizer
Alpha Tester

Post by Fireraizer » 09 Mar 2017, 05:31

Playing as a huntsman is definitely viable. I'm sure farmers will be protected. Ive always heard that personal claims could be overlapped, but your personal claim would be protected if you pay a tax to the guild. Possibly just wishful thinking by devs.
I personally love being a lone hunter that trades to larger guilds to get tools and armor. And now that the combat trees were reworked being a lone archer is possible.
Once more unto the breach!!

Holden

Post by Holden » 09 Mar 2017, 19:06

Thanks for everyone's suggestions!

There's hope and options for those of us who would rather stay with smaller groups.

Darkdraco59
True Believer

Post by Darkdraco59 » 11 Mar 2017, 14:22

for my part i have play just a little on YO alone doing a farms, but it was fun, i'm now in a faction and we would probably accept lone farmer/hunter in with personal claim because it raw material that are valuable for faction at war or small faction.
my farmer don't do so much linen, so we have run out of armor really fast.
Drayck: (rp)Sataniste du groupe :evil:

WestArcher

Post by WestArcher » 18 Mar 2017, 17:57

There's plenty of options for single player so long as you're not completely reclusive.

On release I'm sure there'll be plenty of guilds willing to take in solo players just for the sole purpose of an extra sword(pitchfork) arm for battles and the like, and you'll be able to do your own little thing on your personal claim while getting a small piece of the fighty part of the game

Return to General Discussion