BasilMod::PingLimit allow server admin to limit maximum allowed player ping on the server.
This is server-side only mod.
LiF:YO is a network game, and peers with high latency can reduce joy of the game
This mod checks latency for player connection before character enters the world, once. It does not check or looks for network spikes during game session.
In general words, limit 1000+ms for players, and you are fine, you server will not stutter because of 'slow-internet-players'.
This mod is part of BasilMods pack.
Installation and configuration
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/09iwm2zp8h1h ... jgkIa?dl=0
- Place these 2 files (config.cs and pinglimit.cs.dso) in "BasilMod/pinglimit" folder of server root.
- Alter configuration. Configure maximum allowed ping and disconnect message.
- Add this line to the end of your "main.cs" server script, or execute it in server console to load mod without server restart
- Play LiF.
Configuration is loaded from config.cs file.
- $BasilMod::pinglimit::maximumPing - sets maximum ping value.
- $BasilMod::pinglimit::monitorEnabled - enable ping monitoring while player is connected to server
- $BasilMod::pinglimit::monitorInterval - Player ping monitoring interval. Value in ms.
- $BasilMod::pinglimit::monitorMaxPing - maximum ping value allowed by the server. Value in ms.
- $BasilMod::pinglimit::monitorCount - If player ping exceeds monitorMaxPing for monitorCount times, player will be disconnected
- $BasilMod::pinglimit::message - declares message which will be shown to disconnected player.
You can use special macros in message:
will be replaced with player ping value
will be replaced with maximum allowed ping
- Code: Select all
$BasilMod::pinglimit::message = "Your ping $ping$ms is too high!\nMaximum allowed ping on this server is $maxping$ms.\n\nCheck your network settings or increase your bandwidth.";
$BasilMod::pinglimit::maximumPing = 400;
$BasilMod::pinglimit::monitorEnabled = true;
$BasilMod::pinglimit::monitorInterval = 1000;
$BasilMod::pinglimit::monitorMaxPing = 800;
$BasilMod::pinglimit::monitorCount = 2;
The example message will be shown as follows:
Your ping 620ms is too high!
Maximum allowed ping on this server is 400ms.