Development News #44 - ‘Optimizations’ and soon the ‘Shrouds of History’ will begin to lift!’

What are we currently working on.
Arrakis

Development News #44 - ‘Optimizations’ and soon the ‘Shrouds of History’ will begin to lift!’

Post by Arrakis » 24 Mar 2017, 17:02

Greetings Feudalists!

This week we continued getting the new LiF:YO patch ready and worked on crushing some nasty bugs.
In particular:
  • network optimizations;
  • fixing combat-related crashes;
  • tuning forest growth algorithm to fix the 'forest dying out' issue;
  • repairing terrain flattening mechanics.
Our artists have been busy with new castle walls, shield damage states, as well as characters and decorations for LiF:MMO starting islands.

Yesterday the art guys finished sculpting a gavran type vessel. Sketches of this vessel, which you might have seen in one of the earlier blog entries. This is a Slavard’s Rook - a type of ship that local NPCs on the starting islands will be building while the players assist them with various tasks. As previously stated, they are for decoration; you will not be able to sail it freely (boat-lovers, hold on).

We are also getting ready to unveil the new and completely overhauled game world history and mythology: the so-called lore. The first part of the lore’s main focus will be on the traits of the Gottlungs, Slavards, Khoors. This new information will showcase their religions, how they live, what they do and in whom they worship. Step-by-step our world broadens, adds depth and acquires new details as this lore grows.

We are sure you have noticed the intense visuals and symbolism within the world; huge swords thrust into the ground, the Eye of the Sleeper upon the shredded moon, peculiar tattoos on the backs and faces of people, interface background pictures - all of it serves a greater purpose.

More revelations are to come. Stay tuned.

- The team

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Re: Development News #44 - ‘Optimizations’ and soon the ‘Shrouds of History’ will begin to lift!’

Post by Khan- » 24 Mar 2017, 17:05

Disponible en Français : sur Lifeisfeudal-fr.com

Will these ships or decorations be seen on the MMO continent, not only on newbies island ?
Last edited by Khan- on 24 Mar 2017, 17:23, edited 1 time in total.
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Saar
Zealous Believer

Re: Development News #44 - ‘Optimizations’ and soon the ‘Shrouds of History’ will begin to lift!’

Post by Saar » 24 Mar 2017, 17:05

Traduction française disponible sur von Culm
Last edited by Saar on 24 Mar 2017, 17:30, edited 1 time in total.

VVestern
Devoted Believer

Post by VVestern » 24 Mar 2017, 17:16

Looks good! Can't wait to see what you guys have been working on.

Falkvard
Beta Tester

Post by Falkvard » 24 Mar 2017, 17:32

Hello, what exactly is meant by "repairing terrain flattening mechanics."?

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 24 Mar 2017, 18:05

Khan- wrote:
Disponible en Français : sur Lifeisfeudal-fr.com

Will these ships or decorations be seen on the MMO continent, not only on newbies island ?

I read the OP that this boat will only be 'window dressing' for quest NPCs.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 24 Mar 2017, 19:28

yes, but I hope all this work won't only be done ONLY for the newbies island... I hope we'll see these in the capital city too... when we leave the newbies island, we land in the capital city, why not seeing these boats on a harbour in or near the capital city ?
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Nekron35
True Believer

Post by Nekron35 » 24 Mar 2017, 20:08

Arrakis wrote:As previously stated, they are for decoration; you will not be able to sail it freely (boat-lovers, hold on).

Looks nice, but I hope the newbies wont be like... :D

Zohann

Post by Zohann » 27 Mar 2017, 08:57

Does it mean, that we should expect the MMO version to be implemented on YO this week or in a week? I suppose, everyone is anxious about it right now.

Return to Development News