Important Poll

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Would you be willing to pay for EVERY character you want to transfer to the main continent?

Yes, I am willing to pay for every character and the price looks reasonable.
42%
Yes, I am willing to pay for every character, but the price seems too high.
20%
Yes, I am willing to pay for every character and feel free to raise the prices. LiF is going to be a cool game and worth it! :)
8%
No, I don’t want to pay for every character in order to play.
30%

Total votes : 2460

Shealladh
Alpha Tester

Re: Important Poll

Post by Shealladh » 04 Jul 2016, 05:57

AstroFerret wrote:
Lapantino wrote:I find it completely surreal and super unfair because those who do not pay will not be on an equal footing, is basically pay to win
ultimately

How is this pay to win? Or do you mean "I'm broke but want a bunch of alts and thus am annoyed other people can RP with alts but I can't."?

Let's break it down.

Everyone plays on newbie island.
Those who wanna go to the mainland pay 20$
After a while, if they so choose, they can pay 10$ for an alt(1) (Not a slot).

Now then, take in consideration how long it takes to level up a character in Feudal:YO (Excluding those wimpy cheat servers with 10x progress and 2000 Skill Points.) at 1x. Most won't want to have to deal with it again, as the mainstay of this game is "working together". Those who will buy an alt or two will probably use them to play with other skills and try something new. This extra charge is meant to be a protection system, as most trolls/PKers don't want to put in money just to mess with people. You pay for access to the mainland, not godly weapons, fancy shoes, and epic guns. Not Pay To Win....

If they use the pay per character model then I see this going the way of Salem aka Dodo.

Like all MMO's using this method, you get gank killed by someones ALT and you can never find that character cause they log off after a NooB killing spree for their fun. This kills the new comers more than making it fun and why would people come to a game like that when there is F2P or other constant respawn if died MMOs out there.

Think they need to find a better revenue stream.

Giopriest

Post by Giopriest » 21 Jul 2016, 19:24

im even fine with monthly fee like wow have .. i really dont mind (you can still have newbie island who is free to play ... i just dont want to see any pay to win system (like ways to get faster skills back with real money or special resources etc.). Like 95% + friends i knwo playing this game (25-30 ppl) dont want to see any pay to win system will only 3-5 ppl dont want to see monthly fee (i really dont mind ... i know money is important for development and ther are servers and you need to live from something to) ... i just dont want to see and some one getting more from 3 time lees time spend in game from me cos he want to spend 100€ monthly in this game will i dont want spend more then 10-15€ ... obviously i cant change if you chose that kind of system but defo i wont spend any time in that kind of game.

Kaienmuerte
Beta Tester

Post by Kaienmuerte » 30 Jul 2016, 14:48

I think that payment model should be following:
announced price for the FIRST character
and
MUCH HIGHER price for every NEXT character slot.

It will either dump benefits from having multiple characters or just boost the budget of the Game developers.

Askiir
Alpha Tester

Post by Askiir » 07 Aug 2016, 04:47

First character should be free for all the alpha testers, appart from that if I was not an alpha tester id happily pay again to get access, money makes the world go around after all :friends:

“Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can? - Sun Tzu

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 07 Aug 2016, 11:12

Askiir wrote:First character should be free for all the alpha testers...

All owners of LiF:YO will receive one, free character. ;)

Kapustin_Yar

Post by Kapustin_Yar » 17 Aug 2016, 15:51

Arrakis09 wrote:
Askiir wrote:First character should be free for all the alpha testers...

All owners of LiF:YO will receive one, free character. ;)

First of all, I want to say this seems fair to me. I played a good deal of LiF:YO and I can understand, why someone would like to spec more than one character. I just hope the level caps aren't too low and we can respec on the fly like in :YO. But for the hardcore players, who want to master every craft, this system offers a way to buy another character and make him complimentary to the first.

Secondly - and I apologize for not having read everything and maybe having overlooked the reply to this already - but: does the character I have in LiF:YO gets transfered, or will it be a fresh spawn? Because I took quite a while to get to my current level and some of it will feel very much like a grind to do again. I have friends, who never even played :YO and are simply waiting for the MMO. I'd find it nice, if our (my) actual character, which I played for hundreds of hours with would appear in the MMO as is.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 17 Aug 2016, 19:20

Kapustin_Yar wrote:does the character I have in LiF:YO gets transfered, or will it be a fresh spawn?

No. These are two separate games. It would make no sense to transfer characters from a game with whole bunch of servers with different settings and ability to max everything out in seconds with gm commands. :crazy:

SammyWest

Post by SammyWest » 19 Sep 2016, 03:14

I would not buy another character if it cost money. We waited for such a long time with this game already and its gonna be at such a low skill cap, that I believe its very unfair to the players who waited this long to charge for characters when they already bought the game. I believe a fair character limit would be maybe 3 - 4 character slots at the beginning rather then just one. And then if players wanted to buy more I could be happy with that. However, as for the current situation, i think its more of a money grab then anything as it forces players to go one direction or another with it.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 19 Sep 2016, 03:29

SammyWest wrote:I would not buy another character if it cost money. We waited for such a long time with this game already and its gonna be at such a low skill cap, that I believe its very unfair to the players who waited this long to charge for characters when they already bought the game. I believe a fair character limit would be maybe 3 - 4 character slots at the beginning rather then just one. And then if players wanted to buy more I could be happy with that. However, as for the current situation, i think its more of a money grab then anything as it forces players to go one direction or another with it.

It's made for 2 main reasons:
1) to limit griefing if you have to pay real 20 euros to reroll your negative alignment after going on killing spree
2) finance the game to avoid subscription based model or p2w microtransactions

You know if I payed 20 Euros for LiF:YO and got 1 000 hours I will happily pay 20 or even 40 more in the MMO that will give me different gameplay. I payed more to games I played literally 10 or more time less. But I will buy 2nd character only for crafting that will have intelect, grandmasters and never leave the castle walls, while the first is PvP one that will die, but still keep positive alignment by fighting enemies instead of griefing randomers. The only reason I can think of 3rd character is to grief enemy guilds, go robbing merchants and such kind of activity.

Why would any player actually need 3-4 characters instead of 1 and optionally 2 for grandmasters (that are not really a thing, just bragging rights) for normal gameplay?

SammyWest

Post by SammyWest » 19 Sep 2016, 04:06

I understand the reasons, I just don't agree with those reasons. Also, there will still be griefing weather or not there is character control or not. Griefers will just be more careful how they do it and more selective. So rather then out right seeing there harassment, It would be more political and behind the scenes either way. So weather or not they have this system like that, there will be griefing. Id rather have the players out right grief you so you can identify it easily, rather then the long term sleeper trolls and stuff.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 19 Sep 2016, 04:35

SammyWest wrote:I understand the reasons, I just don't agree with those reasons. Also, there will still be griefing weather or not there is character control or not. Griefers will just be more careful how they do it and more selective. So rather then out right seeing there harassment, It would be more political and behind the scenes either way. So weather or not they have this system like that, there will be griefing. Id rather have the players out right grief you so you can identify it easily, rather then the long term sleeper trolls and stuff.

There will always be griefing, it's about how common and how frequent it is. You probably never fully came across the creativity levels in LiF:YO that are possible with no limits.

Political and behind of scenes is normal - guilds will always find reasons to fight each other, but that's selective and they will deal with each other and their alliances. That's politics and war, not griefing. Griefing would be players killing every noob leaving the protected central city as longterm activity or have KOS everywhere all the time instead of just your enemies.

But you didn't answer why would you need 3-4 characters for normal gameplay. I said how I can use up to 3, but I really need one 1, the other two are extras I will pay for (character with grandmasters and "griefer" for trololo raids and merchants robbing when in mood).

SammyWest

Post by SammyWest » 19 Sep 2016, 04:46

All due respect, your wrong with that assumption. I joined guilds and wars, and have had pretty impressive skirmishes and pvp. I have seen the full potential of not just one, but multiple villages that did really well, all to be wiped because of server resets. They withstood the tests of time until griefer clans and devs started messing with the bases, and pretty much destroying everything for no reason.

I personally try to keep my allignment up, but when you go on raids with your guild and friends, its hard not to avoid combat. Especially when you build all day, craft, and do taming and all that other stuff. You gotta do something else other wise you loose your initial interest and investment.

The reason i say 3 - 4 character slots is for people that want to explore other skill trees to completion. I mean come on. 600 skill cap is pretty unfair to those who want to be hermits and just build for them selves. I understand this is a kingdom game though and for those who want to work with other kingdoms while being able to have a character hermit for a while, is not too much to ask.

Also, each player should be able to have a pvp player, so that way they can blow off steam with out having to spend money to reset there character do to fear of loosing skill points. I've said this before, and I'll say it again. Allignment meter is quite unfair to those who want to be mercenaries and help out fighting.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 19 Sep 2016, 05:07

SammyWest wrote:All due respect, your wrong with that assumption. I joined guilds and wars, and have had pretty impressive skirmishes and pvp. I have seen the full potential of not just one, but multiple villages that did really well, all to be wiped because of server resets. They withstood the tests of time until griefer clans and devs started messing with the bases, and pretty much destroying everything for no reason.

I personally try to keep my allignment up, but when you go on raids with your guild and friends, its hard not to avoid combat. Especially when you build all day, craft, and do taming and all that other stuff. You gotta do something else other wise you loose your initial interest and investment.

The reason i say 3 - 4 character slots is for people that want to explore other skill trees to completion. I mean come on. 600 skill cap is pretty unfair to those who want to be hermits and just build for them selves. I understand this is a kingdom game though and for those who want to work with other kingdoms while being able to have a character hermit for a while, is not too much to ask.

Also, each player should be able to have a pvp player, so that way they can blow off steam with out having to spend money to reset there character do to fear of loosing skill points. I've said this before, and I'll say it again. Allignment meter is quite unfair to those who want to be mercenaries and help out fighting.

You forget the main difference between LiF:YO and the LiF:MMO - the political system. Declare war on your neighbour and go spawnkill them 24/7 if you can - you will lose 0 alighment, because you two are at war now untill you sign peace. If you simply kill random guy that's just passing by the village (without entering the claim) you will lose aligment as that's banditism, not a war.
I'm mainly PvP player and I will fight with the main character that will have up to 90 skills (which are easy to level with 5.5 food) as I don't plan to kill randomers - just raid/kill enemies my guild declares war on and defend our claim (you won't lose alighment when the enemy is marked with trespasser, so they can't grief your alighment by attacking you in your own claim).

For the skillcap - first of all you can't put up a claim like in LiF:YO unless you are in guild of at least 10 players. The personal claim is small (house and 1 workshop probably) and you have to set it in a guild's countryside claim - so you have to deal with some landlord (guildleader). That will mean some kind of rent vs protection and trade.
So if you want to build your own village there is LiF: your own and the devs stated they don't expect everyone in the MMO - the creative RP-PVE guys who prefer to build for themself won't feel good in the MMO game that is focused on kingdoms and politics and will stay in LiF:YO.

Otageeku

Post by Otageeku » 09 Oct 2016, 11:00

Honestly ... I just hope that players like me who bought LIF:YOWN will not be charged 20 euros for the first character ... Because, i'll cry :D

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 09 Oct 2016, 11:28

Otageeku wrote:Honestly ... I just hope that players like me who bought LIF:YOWN will not be charged 20 euros for the first character ... Because, i'll cry :D

No worries. Every LiF:YO owner will get to start the adventure in the MMO with one character. ;)

Trg_Apothecary
True Believer

Post by Trg_Apothecary » 30 Nov 2016, 20:41

So i think i linked my account to my steam one showing i own the other 2 games. how do i find a code to create a chracter. do i still need to buy one of the packages

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 30 Nov 2016, 21:00

As verified owner of LiF:YO will receive access upon start of CBT Wave #2.

RickySpanish
True Believer

Post by RickySpanish » 10 Apr 2017, 18:18

Arrakis wrote:
Otageeku wrote:Honestly ... I just hope that players like me who bought LIF:YOWN will not be charged 20 euros for the first character ... Because, i'll cry :D

No worries. Every LiF:YO owner will get to start the adventure in the MMO with one character. ;)

Does this mean if we bought the MMO we get 10 characters on the mainland without paying more?

Bobik wrote:It is VERY important to understand a difference between two systems.
Additional character slots that can be used many time to create a new character, play it, then delete it and create a new one. It is how in MO if I'm not wrong.
In our case you should pay for EVERY new created character that you want to see on a main land, no matter how many slots do you have.

You'll lose a lot of players if they have to pay for every character; only true fanatics will go for that idea (ultimately crippling the game's longevity). You guys are better off with a sub for 10/mo allowing all character slots

Schalkan
Devoted Believer

Post by Schalkan » 10 Apr 2017, 20:51

i think is good to pay for 1 char and can play alll day all month long
AND wen you let all players have 10 chars you dont need to settel in big groups so you have 1 char for building 1 miner and and and
sooo you have a char that is importen to you and your frinds!
and if you have 10 chars you can just 1 char for bandit thinks

i think is good soo

Dokuwan
True Believer

Post by Dokuwan » 06 May 2017, 12:14

wait what? So u get the -50 permanent criminal aligment from just 1 kill? I thought u had to murder 3 ppl to get it, i read it somewhere.

And btw the aligment gets wiped like everything else before beta 2 right?

Schalkan
Devoted Believer

Post by Schalkan » 07 May 2017, 10:19

Dokuwan wrote:wait what? So u get the -50 permanent criminal aligment from just 1 kill? I thought u had to murder 3 ppl to get it, i read it somewhere.

And btw the aligment gets wiped like everything else before beta 2 right?

yes all chars get wipt ;)

and you kill 1 person your aligent CAN fall under -50
you can´t fall under -49 wen you just steal stuff
hand you havent´t killt a person in your life time

Scratchit
True Believer

Post by Scratchit » 07 May 2017, 16:16

I was just thinking, you might want to take into account that most people who voted on this poll, by definition, already have at least 1 and often more free characters.

The "statistical sample" isn't exactly fair.

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by sunleader » 14 May 2017, 08:20

I think this Price is very Reasonable.
I would even be Ready to Pay the Full Price for each Ticket.

I really liked other Games like Mortal Online.
But all of them are effectively Dead. Because while the Games are Hardcore on PvE Players as they can lose everything they Build up very fast and have no Fast way to Start over.

The RPK and Griefers which mosty dont risk much as they dont build up long term stuff anyways. Are usually pretty Themepark.
Criminal Status lasts but for a few Minutes and afterwards its Forgotten.
Going back to being Innocent Again takes in absolute worst case a Day.
Meaning that after Ruining Peoples Day. The Bandits just go back to being Innocents right away without any Consequences.

The System in this Game actually makes this alot more Reasonable.
Because being a Bandit actually Sticks to you.

The People who might end up losing all their Invested Work Paid the Full Price for their Character to go to the Mainland as well.
So if someone wants to Ruin these Efforts and then escape the Consequences the least he should be required to do is to Pay the Full Price as well.

People who cannot deal with being a Bandit 24 Hours a Day should not become a Bandit.
As easy as that.
Hardcore should be Hardcore for Everyone.
A Farmer whose Farm was Destroyed gets no Discount on getting his Farm Back. He has to Invest the same amount of Hours to Rebuild it. He had to invest Building it before.
So why should a Bandit become Innocent again without investing into it ??

Bottom Line.
I Support this Mechanic from the Bottom of my Heart.
I really hope that this System might actually allow this Game to Break free from the Fate other Games like Mortal Online Suffered.
And become a True and Big MMO with an actual Society in it.
Rather than just an Griefing and PvP Arena of 50 turds killing each other while driving each new player out of the Game! :P
Pls dont kill this Game by making it an Empty and Dead PvP Arena. The niche of players is so incredible small that it hardly supports one such game. And we already got 10 or so on the Market....

Pepaio
Zealous Believer

Post by Pepaio » 07 Oct 2017, 16:13

I think it is basically good to go against senseless killing, and best where it hurts, money. I am for every character to taste money. Excuse my bad English.

Ferimer
True Believer

Post by Ferimer » 24 Oct 2017, 06:02

I was too lazy to comb through 36 pages of comments. Im confused as to what is being asked here. Is it that we get "one free ticket" for purchasing the game then if you delete the character, you kind of must pay at the ferry master to get another ticket. SO in a sense it would turn into a sort of Subscription base but its more of a Character Subscription where it will cost extra. I think 20 is a little steep to ask players to pay for the game then pay for the character. i think the First one should be free and you should be allowed 3 Character Slots. but like your saying add a fee for a ticket, so you can play in the newbie island as much as you want but to get to the mainland on that seconds character slot you gotta pay. $10 should be fine for every additional character, not $20 for the first, we've already supported the game by buying it now you want us to pay again just to get our character in, seems a bit unfair. First character Slot and Character are Free with purchase. if you delete the character you have to pay an additional $10 to get a new ticket. MAke sure though you put a few disclaimers and prompts asking if they are for sure about making that Character as if they dont like how he/she looks or their attributes if they go and delete the character they will have to pay an additional $10 fee for a Ferry Ticket. That i agree with because it will somewhat discourage those from doing nasty things over and over. And this way you guys make money if they want to keep doing it. Gotta pay the price. BUt charging $20 on top of the already Paid price, isnt fair to those that already bought the game. so my proposal is : MAx 3 Character Slots that are already Open and Free to make a Character. First Character created gets the option to use the ticket on them before entering the Newbie Island this way the game knows that character has used up its ferry ticket. Each Character after that must pay the $10 fee to get a ticket and every deleted character and remade character must pay the $10 fee as well.

Return to General Discussion