511: What are the plans about regional leathers? A tier 3 set requires like 7 regional leathers and the the procurement of such is much harder. With the current 1% if we say that one would need 100 actions on average then there is huge difference between 100 mining actions (regional iron), harvesting 100 flax tiles (regional cloth) and skinning 100 animals.
The flax harvest process is pretty passive, you plant a huge field and you are guaranteed to have few regional tiles. Mining actions are fast, so you usually get regional iron easily. But the leathers ... even with not populated server (400 players on the MMO in the latests testruns) it's WAY more time consuming to find, kill and skin 100 animals, so the process of gathering regional leathers is way more complicated then the other regional materials and the tier 3 sets require lots of regional leathers.
How do you plan to address that difference? By increasing the chance of leather drop significantly or by allowing collection of regional leathers from killing domestic animals?
- Answer: We had a brief discussion about that in our office. We've decided to make a full discussion about that later next week. I agree that we either should drop more regional leather from animals or let it drop from domestic animals.
512: Can we expect the new castle walls later this testrun or the next one?
- Answer: Next one probably.
513: With the initial introduction of traders posts will the players be able to use them for player-player trading (posting offers that everyone can see) or it will only be a place to sell good to the system and use the coins in direct barters with other players?
- Answer: The primary intention of having trade posts is to enable a global player to player trade. Selling stuff to server for money is just a secondary function.
514: Can we expect instanced battles next testrun? If it's indeed going to be the last testrun is the entire system going to function - not only instanced battles, but sieges, daily vulnerability windows for guild in war to raid their realm claims etc? I hope you don't plan to skip the testing of all this and just release it in wave 2 when there will be no more wipes. After all there wasn't a feature till now that wasn't accompanied by serious problems or exploits which is normal and that's what CBT is for.
- Answer: Yes, I agree with you and yes, we plan it.
515: Are the JHes in CBT#3 be 1h long again?
- Answer: We will see, maybe 2 hours, but not any longer.
516: When are you going to fix the terraforming with paving that allows steep terraforming (the only way atm to get the old clay terraforming) - during CBT or when the OBT starts?