I NEED BUY LIF MMO?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
SargentoDaPaz
True Believer

I NEED BUY LIF MMO?

Post by SargentoDaPaz » 10 Dec 2016, 22:33

I have LIF YO since 2015, i need buy LIFE MMO? or i'm will win a copy?
Brazilian Player of LIF, and Closed Beta Tester of LIF MMO

Jakeman
Alpha Tester

Re: I NEED BUY LIF MMO?

Post by Jakeman » 10 Dec 2016, 22:48

if you have LIF:YO in your steam library you get 1 free character for the mmo and access to wave 2 which starts sometime between march-june you dont have access to wave 1 which starts december 14th 2016 unless your an alpha tester/got a beta invite from a previous test/bought a donor pack/get lucky with the 1000 beta keys that will go out in the next couple days

Gerous
True Believer

Post by Gerous » 10 Dec 2016, 23:00

I want to make sure of something here and this seems to be as good of a place as any.

I have purchased LiF:YO two years ago, playing close to 1200 hours on it and waited patiently (all this year) for the MMO to be released to the point where I can play it as a part of my LiF:YO package said I could.

Now, I find out that to even GET wave 1 beta access to have to spend at least $30 more dollars, otherwise I need to sit and wait for months more until wave 2 comes out?

My reading on steam and here tells me this is the case but I want to make doubly sure, because I can't understand how this could be the case? Surely anyone off the street paying the same amount of money that I paid two years ago can't walk into the beta 1 by paying now and I have to wait?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

SargentoDaPaz
True Believer

Post by SargentoDaPaz » 10 Dec 2016, 23:15

Gerous wrote:I want to make sure of something here and this seems to be as good of a place as any.

I have purchased LiF:YO two years ago, playing close to 1200 hours on it and waited patiently (all this year) for the MMO to be released to the point where I can play it as a part of my LiF:YO package said I could.

Now, I find out that to even GET wave 1 beta access to have to spend at least $30 more dollars, otherwise I need to sit and wait for months more until wave 2 comes out?

My reading on steam and here tells me this is the case but I want to make doubly sure, because I can't understand how this could be the case? Surely anyone off the street paying the same amount of money that I paid two years ago can't walk into the beta 1 by paying now and I have to wait?

We two have this problem, i want known if i will receive my ''free copy'' of LiF MMO, or if i need buy

Wookiee420
True Believer

Post by Wookiee420 » 10 Dec 2016, 23:19

Gerous wrote:I want to make sure of something here and this seems to be as good of a place as any.

Its always been that YO owners get access to Wave #2 and you can enter the lottery to enter Wave #1. this is still the case, you do not ever need to spend another cent on LiF and you still get wave 2 and a character. If you want Wave 1 then you need to buy any package that makes you happy and you get between 1 and 3 characters for the MMO along with it, plus 2 of the options you get a second copy of YO (even if you use discount) that you can give to a friend along with a character ticket so they can join you in the MMO.
You paid for YO, access to wave #2, and a ticket to the mainland. You are getting that, and anyone that buys YO alone will get the same thing, but if you buy an MMO package you get more, this is exactly what Steam says, and exactly what your own words sounds like you understood from the beginning.

@SargentoDaPaz, yes you get access to the MMO and beta wave #2, this has been answered more times than I can count, check out the FAQ for all your questions. Things have been asked so much that once read, there will be no more questions.

Gerous
True Believer

Post by Gerous » 11 Dec 2016, 00:13

Wookiee420 wrote: Its always been that YO owners get access to Wave #2 and you can enter the lottery to enter Wave #1. this is still the case, you do not ever need to spend another cent on LiF and you still get wave 2 and a character.

If you want Wave 1 then you need to buy any package that makes you happy and you get between 1 and 3 characters for the MMO along with it, plus 2 of the options you get a second copy of YO (even if you use discount) that you can give to a friend along with a character ticket so they can join you in the MMO.

You paid for YO, access to wave #2, and a ticket to the mainland. You are getting that, and anyone that buys YO alone will get the same thing, but if you buy an MMO package you get more, this is exactly what Steam says, and exactly what your own words sounds like you understood from the beginning.

I understand what you are getting at here. Couple of flaws in the argument though.

When I pledged for LiF:YO no waves had been announced, so when I paid for the game I was not aware that I'd be treated as a second class citizen in terms of WHEN i could access the MMO.

As a early backer of the game, I had demonstrated a willingness to play a half finished game and that I wanted to be a apart of the process to completion. As such, why would you take those early participants and exclude from from the "next phase" of early access. I can see no other reason other than to wring a little bit more money out of me?

One of the major attractions of this game for me, was the no pay to win aspect ( I won't even get into that in this post ) . But I will mention that I have zero interest in playing more than one character, it fact alt character bandits was a major detraction for YO for me. People doing banditry things hiding behind a 2nd persona ruins immersion. As such I don't see being offered a 2nd character slot as any additional value to me.

So, looking through my eyes. I don't see any additional value, in cash shop credits, multiple characters, name reservation, premium account status (that can only be pay-2-win). So I left facing the prospect to double pay for something I thought I had already paid for, to actually pay the game I wanted to play in the first place... or wait months until the publisher actually makes good no his promise me, while watching others stream past after paying days ago.

Not trying to be bitter and have a big cry, just trying to explain the world through my eyes. I get life does not always pan out the way I want it too...

Wookiee420
True Believer

Post by Wookiee420 » 11 Dec 2016, 01:38

Gerous wrote:
Wookiee420 wrote: Its always been that YO owners get access to Wave #2 and you can enter the lottery to enter Wave #1. this is still the case, you do not ever need to spend another cent on LiF and you still get wave 2 and a character.

If you want Wave 1 then you need to buy any package that makes you happy and you get between 1 and 3 characters for the MMO along with it, plus 2 of the options you get a second copy of YO (even if you use discount) that you can give to a friend along with a character ticket so they can join you in the MMO.

I understand what you are getting at here. Couple of flaws in the argument though.

When I pledged for LiF:YO no waves had been announced, so when I paid for the game I was not aware that I'd be treated as a second class citizen in terms of WHEN i could access the MMO.

As a early backer of the game, I had demonstrated a willingness to play a half finished game and that I wanted to be a apart of the process to completion. As such, why would you take those early participants and exclude from from the "next phase" of early access. I can see no other reason other than to wring a little bit more money out of me?

One of the major attractions of this game for me, was the no pay to win aspect ( I won't even get into that in this post ) . But I will mention that I have zero interest in playing more than one character, it fact alt character bandits was a major detraction for YO for me. People doing banditry things hiding behind a 2nd persona ruins immersion. As such I don't see being offered a 2nd character slot as any additional value to me.

So, looking through my eyes. I don't see any additional value, in cash shop credits, multiple characters, name reservation, premium account status (that can only be pay-2-win). So I left facing the prospect to double pay for something I thought I had already paid for, to actually pay the game I wanted to play in the first place... or wait months until the publisher actually makes good no his promise me, while watching others stream past after paying days ago.

Not trying to be bitter and have a big cry, just trying to explain the world through my eyes. I get life does not always pan out the way I want it too...

doesnt matter what wave was announced it always said you would get access to wave 2.
YOU DO NOT NEED TO SPEND ANOTHER CENT.
Looking through the eyes of the company they need to be sustainable, they need to be able to keep people paid and the lights on and the servers running, if they let everyone who already owns YO into the MMO without trying to make more money they would go bankrupt. If you like the game and want to support them then fine pay $30 and get a second character and wave 1 access. If you don't want to support them then don't.
It cannot possibly be pay 2 win, there are no weapons that you can buy that you cannot make, there are no ways to make your stats more than someone else, nothing. All it is is cosmetic and small boosts that still, dont make anyone better than anyone else.
"second class citizen" is fucking hilarious, you get the exact thing we all were promised like everyone else, or you can buy more, like everyone else, we are all equal here.
Again, you do not ever have to give them another cent and you have full access to the MMO from wave 2 and on, like you were promised. So thats not a way to wring money out of "you" its a way to keep the game sustainable and entice new people to get involved.
If you cannot listen to the creator of the game that it isnt p2w then you are hopeless.
Not trying to be insulting, but you sound like an entitled little baby, crying that you cannot have everything when you want how you want it. You are getting exactly what you were promised and you are also crying over stuff that has been promised isnt happening and whats more thats been told to us that they do not know what "premium" is yet.
Suck it up, either you like the game enough and have faith in the creators and want to invest another 30-90$ in something that you will get thousands of hours of fun for. Or wait and see what is going in the cash shop and what premium entails. Or teach them a lesson and play the MMO, and be loud about it, without paying another cent, teach them some lesson that they cannot do whatever you dislike and get the most out of your already paid for. In the end your crying rant means nothing, these Believer packs are out there, the cash shop is going in, and Bobik has made promises.

Cian
Alpha Tester

Post by Cian » 11 Dec 2016, 01:57

Gerous wrote:As a early backer of the game,

This is the flaw in your argument. You are not an early backer of the game. All the early backers have these gold colored names. You purchased LIFYO on early access. That is completely different than being an early backer. The true early backers were those that gave Bobik donations through paypal with vague promises and the prayer that they were not being scammed :)
Lord Cian Khan
Baron of Deephold,
Gul Khan of House of Khans
Great Khan of the Tribal lands

HOUSE OF KHANS
http://www.houseofkhans.com

HOK DISCORD
https://discord.gg/NRB3DR3

Gerous
True Believer

Post by Gerous » 11 Dec 2016, 02:24

<sighs> Good job fanboi what stellar comprehension you have, can you even try and understand something from another person's point of view?

As I said, I'll move on and live my life, thanks for your motivational speeches, you clown. On the bright side I got my answer and a confirmation that early access forums are always full of fanboi's and it's not worth the effort to be apart of those communities in general.

Jakeman
Alpha Tester

Post by Jakeman » 11 Dec 2016, 03:12

Gerous wrote:<sighs> Good job fanboi what stellar comprehension you have, can you even try and understand something from another person's point of view?

As I said, I'll move on and live my life, thanks for your motivational speeches, you clown. On the bright side I got my answer and a confirmation that early access forums are always full of fanboi's and it's not worth the effort to be apart of those communities in general.

bye :( see you when wave 2 starts :beer:

Wookiee420
True Believer

Post by Wookiee420 » 11 Dec 2016, 03:42

Gerous wrote:<sighs> Good job fanboi what stellar comprehension you have, can you even try and understand something from another person's point of view?

I've played the game for an entire 20 hours...Seems like the guy with 1200 hours who doesnt know how to read but thinks he is entitled to everything is more a fanboy. I just know how to read and how the gaming industry works.

Burni
Zealous Believer

Post by Burni » 11 Dec 2016, 03:43

Gerous wrote:I understand what you are getting at here. Couple of flaws in the argument though.

When we bought the game we were promised access to the mmo some way at some time, no detailes were given... The game is currently in beta, which usually means that most people dont have access to it and to get access you usually have to eather buy to game(if buying offers you beta tester spot) or get lucky and get beta tester spot other ways. Wave 1 is still considered as closed beta test so even though we vere promised access to the game when its ready, we vere not given a beta tester spot. Wave 2 is open beta where usually everyone that bought the game gets access to which in this case is also given to people that got access through buying YO version. If you want in now then you just have to buy the mmo pack othervice you just have to wait until the game is "out".

You are asking us to look through your eyes... so while i understand the problem with having multiple characters and "hiding" behind them and also being bit vary of what the premium is going to bring. From my point of view if i want to do archery and mounted combat in mmo i will need to make 2 characters to be able to do so and adding to that the atribute needs for different character types including crafters (that benefit from int and will) you really need multiple characters if you want to fully do these different things... can you understand that from my point of view?

Online games need a way to support the expences for running the servers for people, while you personally dont value the things you listed, others do and are willing to pay for them and by doing so they support the game and keep the servers running. Like i personally dont give crap about cosmetic items but i understand that alot of people do and it makes lot of money to the company keeping the game up and running.

Also to slightly touch the "pay2win" thing, i think i speak for most people when i say that majority of the people dont want this game to turn into pay2win game and the same thing is what Bobik keep telling to people... so everyone should calm down and see what the premium is actually going to be about.

Gerous
True Believer

Post by Gerous » 11 Dec 2016, 04:37

Thanks for your post Burni, I do understand your view and it's given me something to think about.

SonofKitt
Zealous Believer

Post by SonofKitt » 11 Dec 2016, 08:53

I see what you mean, its a little rude.

I mean, most of us paid $40 for the YO game when it released on steam, with funding the mmo in mind. And now they offer a bronze package for $40 which gives access to the closed beta... bit of a slap in the face. Sure you dont get a copy of LIF:YO, but thats not really a biggy at this stage.

So basically your $40 back then isnt as good as some new persons $40 now. They expect there original (well steam originals) to fork out $80+ dollars but new people can get in to the closed beta for only $40..

I personally dont have too much of a problem, i want the developers to be successful so they can put more $$ into development, but i understand your confusion/pain.

SargentoDaPaz
True Believer

Post by SargentoDaPaz » 11 Dec 2016, 09:54

Where wave one start?

Wookiee420
True Believer

Post by Wookiee420 » 11 Dec 2016, 18:34

SargentoDaPaz wrote:Where wave one start?

this has been stated so many places on this forum, check out the stickies and the FAQs, thats why they are there

Jakeman
Alpha Tester

Post by Jakeman » 11 Dec 2016, 23:13

SargentoDaPaz wrote:Where wave one start?

comon man i said the date in this very thread its not hard to look :crazy:

Ckoschier
Zealous Believer

Post by Ckoschier » 12 Dec 2016, 01:19

Test

Wookiee420
True Believer

Post by Wookiee420 » 12 Dec 2016, 03:22

Ckoschier wrote:Test

it doesnt work

Stormsblade
Alpha Tester

Post by Stormsblade » 12 Dec 2016, 03:38

Wookiee420 wrote:

it doesnt work

You really don't have much to do other than come on here and shitpost/be generally unhelpful, do you? :P

Wookiee420
True Believer

Post by Wookiee420 » 12 Dec 2016, 08:11

Stormsblade wrote:
Wookiee420 wrote:

it doesnt work

You really don't have much to do other than come on here and shitpost/be generally unhelpful, do you? :P

its called a joke, learn about them otherwise you wont survive the internet...

Acus

Post by Acus » 24 Apr 2017, 09:20

Hi
I'm Steam YO owner played over 300h. Currently waiting for beta wave2 (is it live yet? :) )
So, if you have Steam YO in Library, how can you retrieve your character slot in MMO? on this site ?

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 24 Apr 2017, 14:40

Acus wrote:Hi
I'm Steam YO owner played over 300h. Currently waiting for beta wave2 (is it live yet? :) )
So, if you have Steam YO in Library, how can you retrieve your character slot in MMO? on this site ?

It won't be possible right now as we are still in wave #1. But in general, the first thing you need to do is log out of the website and log back in using Steam service and link your steam account with LiF in its library. Once that's done, verify your game ownership in the account settings. That will allow you to participate in the wave #2 and receive character ticket that will grant you access to the full game.

MissJessika
True Believer

Post by MissJessika » 25 Apr 2017, 15:06

Since I am a LiF:YO owner, I will get the MMO and Beta 2 access for free?
A good man can make you feel sexy, strong and able to take on the world...
oh sorry... that's wine... wine does that...

Nightborder
True Believer

Post by Nightborder » 25 Apr 2017, 16:18

Ivylena wrote:Since I am a LiF:YO owner, I will get the MMO and Beta 2 access for free?

yes 1 character

MissJessika
True Believer

Post by MissJessika » 25 Apr 2017, 21:13

Nightborder wrote:
Ivylena wrote:Since I am a LiF:YO owner, I will get the MMO and Beta 2 access for free?

yes 1 character

Thank you very much. I like how they don't make us pay twice for almost the same game. :)
A good man can make you feel sexy, strong and able to take on the world...
oh sorry... that's wine... wine does that...

Acus

Post by Acus » 27 Apr 2017, 08:14

Arrakis wrote:
Acus wrote:Hi

It won't be possible right now as we are still in wave #1. But in general, the first thing you need to do is log out of the website and log back in using Steam service and link your steam account with LiF in its library. Once that's done, verify your game ownership in the account settings. That will allow you to participate in the wave #2 and receive character ticket that will grant you access to the full game.

Thanks for clear reply - can't wait to wave 2! 8-)

Bobzillah

Post by Bobzillah » 30 Jun 2017, 18:15

hi ,so i saw i shut be able to play since second beta wave ,they about to start wave 4 ,but i havent figgered out how to download or get the mmo since i canot find it in steam. anybody got a link where to login and start downloading it ?

thnx

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 30 Jun 2017, 19:27

Drvito wrote:hi ,so i saw i shut be able to play since second beta wave ,they about to start wave 4 ,but i havent figgered out how to download or get the mmo since i canot find it in steam. anybody got a link where to login and start downloading it ?

thnx

Second beta wave (OBT) will start after CBT tests are finished. We are starting CBT4 soon, and we do not know yet whether there will be 5th or not, so right now we cannot give a precise date of Wave#2 start.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 30 Jun 2017, 23:44

Ivylena wrote:
Nightborder wrote:

yes 1 character

Thank you very much. I like how they don't make us pay twice for almost the same game. :)

Actually, as a True Believer, you can access the upcoming closed beta wave, starting on the 5th of July. You also get 2 characters in the OBT, one for YO and one because you purchased the True Believer pack.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Return to General Discussion