Petition to remove players count on the servers.

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Should the players count on each server be removed?

YES - please remove it
74%
NO - leave it as it is
22%
Doesn't matter to me
4%

Total votes : 209

Sharana
Beta Tester

Re: Petition to remove players count on the servers.

Post by Sharana » 15 Mar 2017, 13:51

Calm down m8. Everyone is free to vote here, everyone was invited to vote. If you think the community is so big ... you are playing other LiF it seems. Everyone is saying it won't matter in wave 2 anyway, so why the fuzz? Wave 1 will be running a lot still and the population is small.
A poll (about the new skilltrees so more important for everyone) posted by Bobik himself collected 400-500 votes. In such case 170 and growing is a lot of active population, because everyone know that only part of the player actually care enough to vote usually.

So where is everyone that is against and didn't vote already?

Zohann

Post by Zohann » 15 Mar 2017, 14:15

Sharana wrote:Cool down m8. Everyone is free to vote here, everyone was invited to vote. if you think the community is so big ... you are playing other LiF.
A poll (about the new skilltrees so more important for everyone) posted by Bobik himself collected 400-500 votes. In such case 170 and growing is a lot of active population, because everyone know that only part of the player actually care enough to vote usually.

So where is everyone that is against and didn't vote already?

Why do you think everyone should take all their stuff and rush to your polls? If developers think that they need feedback from the community before making a decision, they would have done the poll themselves, as they do often, which certainly would have drawn more attention, as you mentioned above, and thus, would have provided more objective overview on how the community feels about this or that. As far as I understand, Arrakis is busy right now with this polls. For all the players' suggestions there is a special section called Suggestions. Or you think that YOUR suggestion is of such importance over others, that it should be left in the general discussions section, equal to the polls from the devs?

Filipsss
Beta Tester

Post by Filipsss » 15 Mar 2017, 14:38

Degoyl wrote:
Filipsss wrote:
Degoyl wrote:128 players??? you think its the MAJORITY of players??? you think the opinion of your 128 people is enough for something to be changed? what the hell is going on, people??? the blood pact and some french guys voted YES, then it means, that it should certainly be implemented? then the question comes - is this game is made for the blood pact? total dissapointment...

No, but apparently blood pact is only one who cares about game development

Ah, so the actual point of view of the blood pact is here? Everyone else, who bought this game, who waits for years until release, spends money on beta packs, buys even more then 3 or 5 packs at the same time, makes videos about bugs, posts threads in suggestions section... They dont care. THE BLOOD PACT cares. Sounds like: "Everyone calm down. Whatever you did, actually, you dont care about the game as much as blood pact cares. So, leave everything to them. They know better what the game needs." Well, thats arrogance, friends. Its like the guys befriended a gm on a server, and think they are the boss here.

If you have established a contact with the devs, it does not mean at all that you automatically become the voice of the community. You better understand it, or people will start hating you, because you usurp their right to have their own opinion.

And for sure, next time you write something like this, you better think about how people will react on such statements.

BP: "Lets make public vote and see how others see our suggestion"

You: "FAK U BP oppressors, THIS ISN'T YOUR GAME, YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO, REEEEEE, *autistic screeching continues*"

also this:
>because you usurp their right to have their own opinion.

//personal note: wat

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 15 Mar 2017, 15:40

Wow, talk about paranoia. I'm not saying the majority of the people who voted yes are part of the Blood Pact, but even if true it doesn't matter.

Further, if you dug around a bit you would discover that this topic has been around since the first beta waves after the launch of YO. When there is few players in a node, a sudden change usually indicates a hostile. I've used the server nodes pop myself when I was wondering around the lands exploring.

The bottom line for me though is that they become useless as soon as you have pop on in a cluster that isn't in your Discord channel. So its not worth the effort to make any changes.

Actually, In truth I find petitions like this completely useless. Suggestions posted in the appropriate channel seem to work well enough. There have been numerous changes made in the game from simple requests. Petitions always come across as 'a show of force' that's almost always an empty threat.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

LiFKarl
Beta Tester

Post by LiFKarl » 15 Mar 2017, 19:45

Filipsss wrote:
You: "FAK U BP oppressors, THIS ISN'T YOUR GAME, YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO, REEEEEE, *autistic screeching continues*"

Rusery
True Believer

Post by Rusery » 15 Mar 2017, 21:06

Filipsss wrote:
Degoyl wrote:128 players??? you think its the MAJORITY of players??? you think the opinion of your 128 people is enough for something to be changed? what the hell is going on, people??? the blood pact and some french guys voted YES, then it means, that it should certainly be implemented? then the question comes - is this game is made for the blood pact? total dissapointment...

No, but apparently blood pact is only one who cares about game development

Who are you again...?

You fail to realize the irony in this thread. It is asking for a feature to be removed to enhance fair play. However, these waves arent about fair play, they are about stability and mechanics testing -- so the point here is completely moot.

There has been plenty of battles, lots of successful raids, log outs and failed encounters. All of this is good and valuable data. If you want to comment, try adding something meaningful next time.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 15 Mar 2017, 21:44

Rusery wrote:However, these waves arent about fair play, they are about stability and mechanics testing -- so the point here is completely moot.

There has been plenty of battles, lots of successful raids, log outs and failed encounters. All of this is good and valuable data. If you want to comment, try adding something meaningful next time.

It's not about fairplay? Then there was no need to remove the switching of datafiles to get a daylight during nights for example - we can test better during daylight by that logic. And other serious exploits that I won't mention.

Battles, raids - valuable data? You are badly misinformed then, if that was the goal there would have been JH at the very least. We also asked when will be the best time to organise big battle (both sides know in advance, prepare them self and meet in almost empty server) so that they are prepared to generate logs on server load and so on - the answer was please don't, we are not at this point yet and that won't help us.
Also the only PvP they will gather data from to balance in the future will be the instanced battles - all that what we did for fun brings them absolutely nothing nor they really care about it. That's the reality and it's more then logical. Stability and general playability are more important.
The new skilltree we got was more about feedback and it can be properly tested when it hits YO.
Last edited by Sharana on 16 Mar 2017, 00:27, edited 1 time in total.

Gastenns
Beta Tester

Post by Gastenns » 15 Mar 2017, 23:41

Although stability is clearly a priority it is obviously more than that. That is why they brought out skill trees, and chopping damage, changes to sieging and so forth. They have showed plans for new walls and NPC's. It appears to be a larger scale testing and we will find things we like and things we hate. We should expect many changes over this wave so they can prepare for the open beta wave, not just stability changes.

Popers
Beta Tester

Post by Popers » 17 Mar 2017, 17:07

Sharana wrote:
Rusery wrote:However, these waves arent about fair play, they are about stability and mechanics testing -- so the point here is completely moot.

It's not about fairplay? Then there was no need to remove the switching of datafiles to get a daylight during nights for example - we can test better during daylight by that logic. And other serious exploits that I won't mention.

Battles, raids - valuable data? You are badly misinformed then, if that was the goal there would have been JH at the very least. We also asked when will be the best time to organise big battle (both sides know in advance, prepare them self and meet in almost empty server) so that they are prepared to generate logs on server load and so on - the answer was please don't, we are not at this point yet and that won't help us.
Also the only PvP they will gather data from to balance in the future will be the instanced battles - all that what we did for fun brings them absolutely nothing nor they really care about it. That's the reality and it's more then logical. Stability and general playability are more important.
The new skilltree we got was more about feedback and it can be properly tested when it hits YO.

I think the point here is that people count should stay for closed beta test.
I agree with you that in fully released game there shouldn't be players count possible to check, but for this unstable test period it is good to know which server to avoid if you want to move at all.
We are not playing the game yet. Every progress will be lost anyway, so i belive(and i guess dude above meant the same thing) that for now information avibility>game realism/fairplay

Also i belive that instead of players count, at least some information on each server load could be usefull. So you can avoid unstable/overloaded servers and don't log in to find yourself dead after couple minutes lag. Also new players would have it much easier to find spot if they didn't have to check themselves every server so it isn't too overloaded. Searching for a spot without a horses can be painfull

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 17 Mar 2017, 17:32

Popers wrote:I think the point here is that people count should stay for closed beta test.

That's a topic of discussion since wave 0 (so 9 months old). But it's been only talks where you can't really make a decision, there are enough for and against arguments.

184 votes are quite a lot for players initiative that was openly distributed. And the results say otherwise, the point was wave 1 exactly. It is a game changer and the only way to simulate (=test) wave 2 atmosphere where the free intelligence won't be a thing. For that reason the first posts says:
Sharana wrote:We strongly hope that you will take the results seriously independent of the outcome.

That's the reason Bobik said fine, we will remove the counters. Feudal democracy :)

Burne109
Zealous Believer

Post by Burne109 » 17 Mar 2017, 18:15

That's the reason Bobik said fine, we will remove the counters. Feudal democracy

Awesome!

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 26 Apr 2017, 16:05

Thank you devs for looking into the results and accepting them. The server counters are no longer working for CBT#3 and beyond.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 26 Apr 2017, 16:47

Sharana wrote:It's not about fairplay? Then there was no need to remove the switching of datafiles to get a daylight during nights for example - we can test better during daylight by that logic. And other serious exploits that I won't mention.

Wait, what? That's really sad and pathetic that someone's esteem is only raised through victory in such a matter for a video game.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Return to General Discussion