The THIRD run of Closed Beta Tests (Wave#1) has started!

Everything you need to know about what’s happening in Life is Feudal.
Arrakis

The THIRD run of Closed Beta Tests (Wave#1) has started!

Post by Arrakis » 28 Apr 2017, 00:04

Life is Feudal: MMO

Hey everyone,

We are excited to announce another step that brings us closer to fully completing the game has just been taken - the third test run of the Closed Beta Test has just started!

Most of our efforts were aimed towards bug fixing and the overall game stabilization process, but you will also see one of our important pieces of functionality on the Newbie islands when you create a character in game. You will be able to talk to some of the NPCs on the island, who will let you travel to the mainland, Abella.

This is important technology for us to test, since these newbie islands are a whole new set of game servers united in a separate game world, with the ability for players to have their characters transferred between these worlds.

Similar to past phases, we are expecting this test run to last for around two weeks before we stop to take on feedback and apply any necessary changes! If server stability is good, we will plan to initiate Judgment Hour events during weekends. Start getting prepared for some action!

Regarding future plans - so far we plan to have the Fourth Beta Test run at the end of May to the beginning of June. After that, we will spend time polishing and smoothing out any bumps. You will see the Open Beta Tests (Wave#2) start afterwards!

We are unable to provide an ETA at this time, but we are hoping it will be this summer!

Check out the condensed patchnotes, featuring the most important changes and fixes below:

Patch notes (ver. 0.8.3.0 (MMO)):

New features and tweaks:
  • Personal land claims have been reworked and improved. It should be more clear to the player how to resize it and what is needed for its proper support. Personal land claims protect all unmovable objects that are fully stationed on the claim (it does not have a SINGLE cell blocked outside of the personal claim area). There are only two ways that your personal claim can be removed/deactivated by someone else other than you:
    • 1. A guild leader of a guild claim, which your personal claim is located on, can remove your personal claim
    • 2. During JH, a guild that is officially in a state of war with a guild your claim is located on can perform a particularly noisy and lengthy dark ritual, which will deactivate your claim and make all assets vulnerable. Make sure to protect your personal claims during JH raid hours!
  • Guild management and general guild functionality has been optimized. These changes are mostly internal, but you may notice a minor improvement from a performance standpoint
  • Implemented the new world (Newbie islands archipelago) and cross worlds player’s character transition technology. Newbie islands are free from PvP and asset destruction, but are wiped to the original state on a weekly basis using a short JH duration, where you can go berzerk before the next reset! Talk with any of 3 particular NPCs who are standing near the village on the western shore to get to the mainland - Abella
  • You can no longer flatten terrain cells that are close to blocked terrain cells with a different altitude (excluding sloped flattening situations)
  • Minor leaders can change guild members’ roles
  • Removed player counter per server node
  • No more cookies when you start! Hardcore to the MAX! :)
Bug fixes:
  • Fixed the terrain cell blocking algorithm. It might result in some of your slope walls, which were incorrectly placed before, being correctly positioned - but not necessarily as you might want them to be. Unfortunately, there is no other way to fix that, and there is no way to autofix these incorrect placings. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause
  • Fixed bugs with guild-to-guild standings. Guild system should work more adequately now
  • Fixed rare occasions of a mutex deadlock
  • Fixed multiple bugs while crossing server node borders while mounted. Horses should not disappear while crossing a server now
  • Numerous other server and client side stability fixes

As a heads up, we’d like to let you all know that horse-drawn carts are not here yet, but are closer than ever.

We may patch in the Global Trade System in during this test run. You will then be able to construct trading posts, which will be local trading hubs for your region to trade with other players and sell things to the Crown for gold.

Combat log out 30 second timer is almost ready too, and we also expect to patch this in during this test run.

IMPORTANT. Please, refrain from leaving unattended horses in the world for now. They are causing abnormal amounts of server lag - we plan to find a solution for that issue soon.

- The Team

Staleks
True Believer

Re: The THIRD run of Closed Beta Tests (Wave#1) has started!

Post by Staleks » 28 Apr 2017, 00:48

Hello
I started the game - join to server and game is crushed
Only one time i was on server nearly 2 min and then crushed

Staleks
True Believer

Post by Staleks » 28 Apr 2017, 01:06

I have a question
Can i stream LIF MMO?
When i started with OBS - allways crushed
without OBS - can play...

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 28 Apr 2017, 01:30

About crashes - Please follow the instructions here to report MMO issues.

And we have no NDA, so anybody can stream the gameplay. ;)

Staleks
True Believer

Post by Staleks » 28 Apr 2017, 02:29

I have a problem - can't join server Abella 30 min - just loading window :cry:

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 28 Apr 2017, 07:03

Disponible en Français : sur Lifeisfeudal-fr.com

good features, let's leveling up architecture for the trading post test :D
Last edited by Khan- on 28 Apr 2017, 12:45, edited 1 time in total.
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Minghee
True Believer

Post by Minghee » 28 Apr 2017, 07:15

Staleks wrote:I have a problem - can't join server Abella 30 min - just loading window :cry:

Same for me Still stucked on waiting for server screen

Stalker17
True Believer

Post by Stalker17 » 28 Apr 2017, 07:49

Staleks wrote:I have a problem - can't join server Abella 30 min - just loading window :cry:

same here :(

Schalkan
Devoted Believer

Post by Schalkan » 28 Apr 2017, 09:40

What no more cookis Nooooo my life has no mening

Saar
Zealous Believer

Post by Saar » 28 Apr 2017, 12:06

Traduction française disponible sur von Culm

Yotoni
Zealous Believer

Post by Yotoni » 28 Apr 2017, 13:37

This is important technology for us to test, since these newbie islands are a whole new set of game servers united in a separate game world, with the ability for players to have their characters transferred between these worlds

Is is possible to visit the Newbie Island from the continent, any transport available from capital city or anywhere else?

Avoxs

Post by Avoxs » 28 Apr 2017, 23:10

Question,
I support this game, i want to see it happen i want to play in its vast rich open world. I support this game over two years ago like many others when support was crucial, yet because we don't pay extra two years later we are left in the cold waiting to play and give our input on the development process. Explain how refusing that hand that fed you when it was necessary is ever a wise decision?

Scratchit
True Believer

Post by Scratchit » 29 Apr 2017, 20:05

Arrakis wrote:Life is Feudal: MMO

Fixed multiple bugs while crossing server node borders while mounted. Horses should not disappear while crossing a server now

- The Team

Nope, didn't fix that.

Or at least not "all" of the "multiple" bugs.

Sebastian002
True Believer

Post by Sebastian002 » 30 Apr 2017, 11:15

Missing one menu items as the attachment says normaly can do a single or continues action.

Dahydro

Post by Dahydro » 07 May 2017, 22:02

yea its pretty much BS, i have had LIF since 2014 didnt get an invite, but i can purchase LIF mmo for 40$ if i want to get into it. pffft

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 08 May 2017, 00:10

Sebastian002 wrote:Missing one menu items as the attachment says normaly can do a single or continues action.
Not sure what you mean. Can you be more descriptive about your issue?

Dahydro wrote:yea its pretty much BS, i have had LIF since 2014 didnt get an invite, but i can purchase LIF mmo for 40$ if i want to get into it. pffft
You can also just wait for Wave #2, where all owners of LiF:YO can join and fully experience MMO.

Fireraizer
Alpha Tester

Post by Fireraizer » 08 May 2017, 04:41

Dahydro wrote:yea its pretty much BS, i have had LIF since 2014 didnt get an invite, but i can purchase LIF mmo for 40$ if i want to get into it. pffft

If you had lif since 2014, why is your account not recognized as an alpha tester? Did you donate, but not 70$ so you weren't eligible to test? Seriously curious not trying to critique you.
Once more unto the breach!!

Return to News and Information