Potential New Player with Questions

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Searkhog

Potential New Player with Questions

Post by Searkhog » 21 Mar 2018, 22:42

Hello all. I have been follow this game for a while and thought I'd maybe make the jump and start playing. Please hang in there with me if I am a little long winded with some of my questions. And thank you to all who take the time to read/reply.

After playing Everquest for the last 17 years I thought I'd look into a new game and this is the first game that came to mind. I am based in NA.

1. How conducive is LIF to the casual gamer? I do enjoy playing games for extended periods of time but I do not have enough time to put in major sessions. The videos and forum posts about the epic grind of this game is concerning as I am unable to put in massive amounts of time.

2. Also how is the population these days? I have read varying opinions on the dropping pop of this game and that is concerning. Playing 1 game for 17 years, I do like to dedicate to one game and not jump around.

3. Will I be able to be a loner or will I absolutely have to have a guild/clan? I do like to belong to a guild/clan but I don't want to have to 100% depend on that. Helping and aiding my fellow guild is important and I do enjoy that but I do not want to not be able to get anywhere without it. I have read on forums that you have to have a guild otherwise you won't last long.

Hodo

Re: Potential New Player with Questions

Post by Hodo » 22 Mar 2018, 14:22

1- It is not very conducive for the casual player. You can do it but the first few weeks will be a hardcore grind to get to the point where you can casually login and do a few things and log out.

2-The population is dropping, but this is mainly due to factors to do with server stability and possible exploits by a large group of players on a certain server.

3- You really need to be part of a guild, or work with others. This game is not built to play as a loner... at least not casually.

While I pretty much operate alone now, I did not start that way, I had and still have access to most of our guilds holdings and we are just maintaining the base while we sit and wait for the game to improve.

From a personal stand point, LIF-MMO is a good game with lots of potential if you are on the EU servers. But stay clear of the NA servers currently as the developers cut corners when it came to the server provider there, and we are stuck with the bargain basement provider... and stability shows it.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Searkhog

Post by Searkhog » 22 Mar 2018, 15:17

Thank you very much for the reply, Hodo. I do not mind the actual grind at all, just the limited time I have at the moment. For me, the overall experience is what I am looking for also. I do get that I need a guild or group of people and I am fine with that and would welcome it. Just don’t want to have to fully depend on it. Guess maybe having a tight knit group of friends and neighbors would be cool.

I’m totally cool with getting very little done with the time I have. The progression of this game seems to fit me fairly well as I do not expect quick results. Moving forward while forging relationships would be ideal in the end.

This is really the only game out that I’d dive right in. Are there any plans to fix the NA servers or would it just be good to start on EU servers and be done with it? Also is there a feeling that the game will improve or are people just settled in for the long haul?

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 22 Mar 2018, 18:04

Like all sandbox MMOs, once the new factor wears off people start to leave in droves. But those that are still here are here to stay. But for me personally I am patient, and will wait for things to improve on the server front.

If it does not I will leave, it is no big deal to me. There are other sandbox games I am invested in that have a larger playerbase that I play so... meh

I would have to say, it is ultimately up to you where you want to go. Telmun for NA is the less populated server, but it seems to have a more "accepting" community. Buyan is the more populated NA server but has a large (60+%) of its surviving population is Chinese.
Avalon is the EU primary server, and I myself I have a better ping to that server than I do to the NA server... and I live in the US.

Searkhog

Post by Searkhog » 22 Mar 2018, 19:37

Thank you again for the information. It would be nice to join a server that has a decent community. After all, I’m not trying to own the server. Just carve out my tiny niche.

I don’t mind if things are a little off at the money. I’ll wait for it to improve. Maybe I’ll go ahead and download and see what happens. Bunyan server is for sure out so thank you for that. It seems like I have watched so many YouTube videos and read many forums. Guess I only have one option left and that’s to play.

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 22 Mar 2018, 21:27

Searkhog wrote:Guess I only have one option left and that’s to play.

No problem, I tried not to let my own bias come through even though I am sure it did in parts. But best of luck and remember, life is feudal.

Return to Newcomer Section