Question regarding centralization

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Rikkarth

Question regarding centralization

Post by Rikkarth » 26 Sep 2018, 22:31

@Administrators,

Been playing this game since the start, still here - and now with yet another question.

Context:
[Addressed to EU reality]
At some point in the development road it was decided that Avalon would be the main PvP server (now what is known has red world), and that other servers would emerge to meet the player's different approaches of playing this game, so Skujtland and Epleland are also created, further in the line Iriy is created to house our Russian community.

This changes managed to segregate your community block into smaller parts, smaller eco-systems that never managed to boost themselves up, but in reality, gradually shrinked over time - thus creating a disconnected community, unable to interact with each other.

The question:
Are there any plans to centralize the community once again thus creating a complete and rich eco-system, connecting players and the community to itself once again?

And if not - Are there any plans to at least revert, change, or adapt this concept in any way in order to bring this community closer to each other and not segregate it into *different ideologies of how this game should be played?
*(I understand everyone has a way to approach this game, but what I really mean is people in each server are "figurativly" playing a different game)

Thanks in advance for your time and avaliability,

Sunleader

Re: Question regarding centralization

Post by Sunleader » 27 Sep 2018, 03:49

Rikkarth wrote:@Administrators,

Been playing this game since the start, still here - and now with yet another question.

Context:
[Addressed to EU reality]
At some point in the development road it was decided that Avalon would be the main PvP server (now what is known has red world), and that other servers would emerge to meet the player's different approaches of playing this game, so Skujtland and Epleland are also created, further in the line Iriy is created to house our Russian community.

This changes managed to segregate your community block into smaller parts, smaller eco-systems that never managed to boost themselves up, but in reality, gradually shrinked over time - thus creating a disconnected community, unable to interact with each other.

The question:
Are there any plans to centralize the community once again thus creating a complete and rich eco-system, connecting players and the community to itself once again?

And if not - Are there any plans to at least revert, change, or adapt this concept in any way in order to bring this community closer to each other and not segregate it into *different ideologies of how this game should be played?
*(I understand everyone has a way to approach this game, but what I really mean is people in each server are "figurativly" playing a different game)

Thanks in advance for your time and avaliability,

I think Bobik already said in the Stream that they wont be Closing the Servers despite them being somewhat Empty.
As People dont like losing their Assets.

He also said that once the Really Big Continent they are working on comes around. Which is supposed to become several times Bigger than the current Map.
They would give Incentives for everyone to Move to this New Big Common Server.

I dont think you.ll get anything beyond that now.
Closing Servers is a Surefire way to Kill the remaining Playerbase.
As People losing their Stuff will leave in droves.
And even if Servers were Merged you would end up with at the very least 2 Servers.
Because you need 1 Green and 1 Red as otherwise you will Guarantee that the ones without a Server fitting their Playstyle will also leave.

Meaning that closing or Merging Servers right now would be a massive Loss case and not a very good Idea.

I by the way also dont think a Seperated Playerbase is so bad.
Alot of the People Playing on Epleland would never Play the Game if Avalon was the only Choice.
And Vice Versa alot of the Avalon Players would never Play the Game if Epleland was the only Choice.

There is alot of Reasons why the Game Population has been Shrinking.
But I dont think that the number of Servers are one of them.

Return to General Discussion