Questions regarding Claims

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

AXE_Slant

Questions regarding Claims

Post by AXE_Slant » 21 Nov 2017, 22:13

I've read the wiki on personal claim and now have one of my own but there are a few basic questions I have that hopefully someone has time to help me with.

How do you increase the size of a claim? Is it automatic? I have tried clicking the double ^^ up arrow in the right corner and it turn to an X but have no idea what to do from there.

Can your claim itself be attacked? I understand anything in your claim cannot be damaged but what of the claim structure itself? Can it be destroyed and then your claim raided?

Does the claim keep people from looting your chests?

Arrakis

Re: Questions regarding Claims

Post by Arrakis » 21 Nov 2017, 22:42

Once you have the private monument, you need to right-click on the ground somewhere nearby your private monument location for the starting tile and select Claim resize to see the grid and select tiles you want to claim. Claim cannot be attacked outside of Judgment Hour. And yes, it protects your belongings. It can be a challenge for lone hermits to keep private claim up, though, at least now, in the beginning, because you need to get copper coins to build and sustain it.

AXE_Slant

Post by AXE_Slant » 21 Nov 2017, 22:48

Arrakis wrote:Once you have the private monument, you need to right-click on the ground somewhere nearby your private monument location for the starting tile and select Claim resize to see the grid and select tiles you want to claim. Claim cannot be attacked outside of Judgment Hour. And yes, it protects your belongings. It can be a challenge for lone hermits to keep private claim up, though, at least now, in the beginning, because you need to get copper coins to build and sustain it.

HAHA thanks for the quick reply and the info. Unlike some of the people being crabby about coin gains, I don't mind spending 4 hours a week dedicated to coin gain ;) . I already managed a few silver last night. And I live on server 38!

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 21 Nov 2017, 23:09

With such positive thinking, you surely will spend a quality time in the game ;) And it will get even better when someone will erect a Trading Post nearby. You might make some friends to trade with :D

Madian

Post by Madian » 21 Nov 2017, 23:22

I wanna be his friend now :D

AXE_Slant

Post by AXE_Slant » 21 Nov 2017, 23:47

Madian wrote:I wanna be his friend now :D

8-)

Concept94

Post by Concept94 » 01 Dec 2017, 14:05

Guys, sorry for posting here, but apparently you have sorted it out... Where can I find a trading post to get coins from? Is it individual to each server and if yes, how can i find out? Walking around and asking people? I am at Avalon EU. Sorry once again and thanks if I could get help here.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 01 Dec 2017, 15:01

Open your minimap, look at the icons on the right side and toggle the trading post icon. You may need to zoom in and out for the icons to properly show on the map. There are few of them scattered around the map. You'll need to appeal to the guilds who own them most likely, or you'll have to run all the way to central city.

Concept94

Post by Concept94 » 01 Dec 2017, 15:05

Thanks alot!

Frystrike

Post by Frystrike » 18 Dec 2017, 08:56

Hey Arrakis,

Im pretty new in this game and playing it with my wife. We were already able to build to houses to call our own. Now we also want to claim property and need the copper coins for it... So we have to get to a trading post and can sell anything to the crown there rigt? Understood so far. Most of the trading posts are on guild property.

Can you pls shortly advise where we can find the central city?

Lord_Sitruc
True Believer

Post by Lord_Sitruc » 18 Dec 2017, 15:26

The central city is in server 25.

I would like to add if your playing on the us server, we have a trading post in 14 and wouldn't mind having some solos/ small groups in the area.

Also you can't sell anything, there are some things the crown will not buy so be careful before you go there or it will be a wasted trip.

Entspeak

Post by Entspeak » 18 Dec 2017, 19:41

Can you sell to the crown while at a guild trading post? Or is that only possible in Lunbourg Markets?

Lord_Sitruc
True Believer

Post by Lord_Sitruc » 18 Dec 2017, 20:57

You can sell to the crown at a guild trading post they just have to set up permissions for you to use it since it will be on some sort of claim to avoid decay, so you generally have to approach them for that right

Frystrike

Post by Frystrike » 20 Dec 2017, 13:09

Im playing on EU Server but thanks for your "invite" already found a guild that opened their trade post for me and my wife that is pretty near from our small settlement... but next problem is that I dont have anything or can produce anything that the crown wants so I have no property that means I can not store anything to train my skills to produce anything for the crown... Or you guys have any info what is producable at the beginning for the crown. for example I can produce a simple sickle but they only want a "sickle" I cant do this... But I have seen so many properties in the world for only 1 person, how did they do this?

Lord_Sitruc
True Believer

Post by Lord_Sitruc » 20 Dec 2017, 14:11

I have heard building logs are an easy one.

But to be honest, I would talk to the guild you got a trade post agreement with. It is very likely they are in dire need of granite, stone, iron or the like. I know we are and would likely pay a nice penny for any of that stuff that was collected that we didn't have to take the man hours to do ourselves.

Frystrike

Post by Frystrike » 20 Dec 2017, 14:26

Building logs are the ones sawed out from chopped trees right? Yes that is a good one we can do this ^^ Thanks for the tip will check if I can get an agreement with them :-) Have some stones and ore to call my own ^^

Frystrike

Post by Frystrike » 21 Dec 2017, 08:35

Me again, other question :-)

We could manage to get our first claims out there :-) juhu ^^

Now there is the possibility to make a bigger claim, it is not shown what is needed for it... But if I do this at the end it says it is only possible on free places.. BUT every tile is green/white?

Return to Newcomer Section