Recommended new charicter Attributes ?

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Clarioncaller

Recommended new charicter Attributes ?

Post by Clarioncaller » 20 Dec 2017, 20:56

I'm making a character that will be: 1) wood crafter 2) archer

He will build bows etc and fight with a bow as his primary weapon.
I plan to have a 2nd character who would be primarily a crafter. He would supply materials to my primary character such as arrowheads, etc.

i would appreciate any suggestions on making my primary bow/slinger character.

Can these attributes change with their in game use ?

Hodo

Re: Recommended new charicter Attributes ?

Post by Hodo » 20 Dec 2017, 21:40

Starting attributes arent such a big deal.

Willpower is a good starting attribute as you are going to use a lot of stamina and be hauling a lot of stuff till you get setup.

The only thing you need for arrows is feathers and hardwood billets. You can do without the broad heads, bodkins, and blunts for a while. They are really only useful in PVP anyway.

If you go into PVP you will need the support of a guild, a decent sized guild not some 10 man fly by night club.

But starting attributes, I would suggest Willpower, and Agility. As those two attributes effect you the most in the beginning.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Khyp0418

Post by Khyp0418 » 20 Dec 2017, 22:25

I have to disagree with the agility not being needed. Agility increases movement speed. In PvP you will need it for escape as you will not fair well in h2h combat. If you are in a solid guild you should not need to focus much on artisan other than to skill your carpentry. A good well organized guild will have mules to carry heavy items and such.

I am a member of Ares on the MMO if your looking for a guild, look no further.

Aresgamingfraternity wrote:

Ares Gaming Fraternity
Join us in Discord at: https://discord.gg/x3t5Ujf

Alignment: Lawful Good
Focus: Military & Crafting

We are a military realism gaming organization open to male players ages 18 and up. We are a men’s club consisting of multiple clans/guilds that attracts real-world military veterans, law enforcement and civilian players. Our flagship MMO is Life is Feudal MMO, while our chosen first-person shooter is Squad.

We have a military rank structure but we’re not a “yes sir, no sir” environment. We say “military realism” because when it comes to following orders, discipline, maturity and working as a team, we are very military-minded.

We want to do something big in Life is Feudal MMO and we know we can recruit and train the numbers we need to make it happen.

Check out our introduction video, and if it sounds like something you’d like to be part of, just download and install a TeamSpeak 3 client at TeamSpeak.com, enter the following address into your TeamSpeak software and click connect. There’s almost always someone online, day or night.

You can also join us in Discord: https://discord.gg/x3t5Ujf

TeamSpeak 3 address (Copy & Paste into your TeamSpeak software): clanares.ts.nfoservers.com

Entspeak

Post by Entspeak » 20 Dec 2017, 22:31

Don’t forget about combat skills. You’re going to want to put slinger as high as you can, as you won’t be able to equip a bow until Slinger is at 30. You’ll be stuck leveling up with the sling for a while without a high Slinger to start.

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 20 Dec 2017, 23:15

Khyp0418 wrote:I have to disagree with the agility not being needed. Agility increases movement speed. In PvP you will need it for escape as you will not fair well in h2h combat. If you are in a solid guild you should not need to focus much on artisan other than to skill your carpentry. A good well organized guild will have mules to carry heavy items and such.

I am a member of Ares on the MMO if your looking for a guild, look no further.

I didnt say agility isnt important. I said it isnt that important when starting.

Because almost EVERY skill you do at first will give you agility. Willpower is far more useful starting than agility.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Entspeak

Post by Entspeak » 20 Dec 2017, 23:57

I agree. Of all the attributes to put the most in, Willpower it the most important. It affects how much you can carry and goes up the slowest in-game, I've found. I started off with Strength and Agility at the lowest and they've gone up far higher than the 5 points I've added to my Willpower since I've started. Want to increase Agility? Swim. I do a lot of it and it seems just as fast as walking. I swam to the central trading post with a building log once.

Velius

Post by Velius » 21 Dec 2017, 00:25

Khyp0418 wrote:I have to disagree with the agility not being needed. Agility increases movement speed. In PvP you will need it for escape as you will not fair well in h2h combat. If you are in a solid guild you should not need to focus much on artisan other than to skill your carpentry. A good well organized guild will have mules to carry heavy items and such.

Agility is important, but starting with Agility or strength higher than 10 is straight foolish. You can cap out both stats in maybe 2 hours without power hour or decent food buff. Putting them as starting stats is a waste and could be going to more HP or more capacity.

Starting as an archer I'd say either full-on willpower so you can carry more making that initial settling a bit easier, full con so you are not as squishy if you plan to engage in combat, or a mix of the two. Once you are settled, more skilled, and have better gear you can back those two off if you want to in favor of more agility for more bow damage.

Jhigley14

Post by Jhigley14 » 18 Jan 2018, 15:55

Velius wrote:

Agility is important, but starting with Agility or strength higher than 10 is straight foolish. You can cap out both stats in maybe 2 hours without power hour or decent food buff. Putting them as starting stats is a waste and could be going to more HP or more capacity.

Starting as an archer I'd say either full-on willpower so you can carry more making that initial settling a bit easier, full con so you are not as squishy if you plan to engage in combat, or a mix of the two. Once you are settled, more skilled, and have better gear you can back those two off if you want to in favor of more agility for more bow damage.

What's the fastest way to level up agility as a new player? I started with max willpower.

Return to Newcomer Section