Risen 3 - Back to Gothic roots

Why this game is better than any other.

Falke88
Alpha Tester

Risen 3 - Back to Gothic roots

Post by Falke88 » 03 Mar 2014, 08:41

I just heared about Risen 3 - where the developers (Piranha Bytes) really wanted to get back to the roots they had with Gothic 1-2 (3).

Am really looking forward to this title because the features told they want to focus on the gameworld itself again, storyline, different factions and awesome characters within the story again.

Hoping just the best for this because I want that Gothic feeling back asap!

Thurgeis
Alpha Tester

Re: Risen 3 - Back to Gothic roots

Post by Thurgeis » 04 Mar 2014, 01:32

YES YES YES!
Thank you for bringing this message to me ;)
I love(d) Gothic 1+2 and i never felt so disappointed again after this day i started Gothic 3 the first time.
Risen 1+2 were solid, but behind the original, at least from my point of view. Really hope that they will catch this unbelievable atmosphere again!

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 04 Mar 2014, 02:03

Well about Risen... The first one was really bad, boring game, which became even more boring and senseless in the end. The second one didn't hold me for long with that pirate stuff.

I doubt I will trust this title 3rd time, I really doubt it. I would rather see a Gothic game coming back to the Gothic roots, which means original, epic Gothic and Gothic 2: Night of the Raven.

Falke88
Alpha Tester

Post by Falke88 » 04 Mar 2014, 07:27

Yea I would like to see some paralell story or prestory mybe in the real Gothic universe aswell - don't know why they don't try that, there's nothing to loose.

Fawkes
Alpha Tester

Post by Fawkes » 04 Mar 2014, 14:26

They don't try it because they're not allowed to afaik. They don't own the rights for the Gothic series anymore.

There was an official Gothic 4 called "ArcaniA - Gothic 4" (http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/arcania-gothic-4) and it was horrible. Simple, stupid, bad.

Pyranha started the Risen series to get back to their roots, aka G1 & 2, but they failed it as well.

Oh, and to be honest, I liked G3. After a shitton of bugfixes of both officials and community I found it to be quite enjoyable although the endings were .. disappointing.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 04 Mar 2014, 15:06

Yes, both Risen games are a failure. Even with fancy graphics it's just a crap that was supposed to recompensate for a failure which was G3.

And how can you say anything good about Gothic 3? Models and animations are disgusting, most of the npc's are looking excactly the same, fight is easy and boring.

It doesn't even look like Gothic game, it's hack & slash with some poor animations and ... everything is really a crap in there. While I can play G1 and G2 over and over again, I can barely spend couple hours in G3 since it's one of the most boring, monotone RPG games I have ever seen.

I will not fall for the sweet, fancy graphics again. They better release some demo.

Return to Off Topic