server lags and compatibility questions

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Eckister

server lags and compatibility questions

Post by Eckister » 02 Dec 2016, 19:36

Hello!

I wanted to ask wether other server also experience an increase in lag after the last patch so we can ascertain wether its an issue on our side or wether its more wide-spread.

Just to be clear - Im not placing blame so please dont go "ITS YOUR SHODDY CONNECTION NEWB!!!". I know very well that weve got lots of lag elements (a road system which is pretty well-lit for example, not to mention tons of unused buildings and a multitude of items which are stored "just in case"), its just that the lags started yesterday ...

Second question - Id like to implement a few changes to our server and wanted to verify wether the community has experience with this particular combi.

We are a PVE server and would like to add PVP ellements (an arena and hunger-games-esque battles) and for that Id like to implement the healing zones (and, by extension, basil mod as I understand the healing zones are a mod for basil).

Thinking of this particular one:
basilmod-restzone-t17574/

And in an attempt to alleviate lags Id like to implement the tree removal script, but thats a BIG question with the current forest script and basically the main reason Im askin you now - do any of you have experience how this works nowadays? Wether it doesnt cause more lag than it removes?

I mean this one:
delete-poor-quality-trees-monthly-auto-uproot-t8393/

thank you in advance, Im a real noob when it comes to GMing so please be gentle with me. :-)

we run on the gtxgaming platform with a UK domain, if that helps.

Collock

Re: server lags and compatibility questions

Post by Collock » 09 Dec 2016, 09:35

I am getting server lag from disk writing spikes. I have plenty of RAM yet the game becomes unplayable on my own private servers after a while because of the excess writing to the disk. I only can write 10mb/s yet almost half my RAM is available for use If you need to make updates to the DB it would be nice to fill up the ram and not overtax the hard drive for those of us who are not running SSD's.

Catall
Devoted Believer

Post by Catall » 12 Dec 2016, 09:34

We do have an SSD on our Server ans still have lags during Tree-Maintenance. While the Hardware on Server is rather bored, it seems to have issues with lif-server-Software or mariaDB.

It only happens during tree-maintenance, even if you kick it off manually. Our actual map startet on 2.12.2016, we do not use any tree-script right now as ist is hard enough to get Wood.

The only way to get rid off lags is once again to reduce trees. Sad.

MrTopbanana
True Believer

Post by MrTopbanana » 12 Dec 2016, 11:01

a ton of horses make the server lag as well.

We had yesterday like 30 horses standing around, they was doing this "animation" and creating dust. And everytone was pretty much lagging cuz of this.

I wonder how it will be in MMO when there is said to be big battles.. :cry:

Eckister

Post by Eckister » 08 Feb 2017, 14:42

youre both right - after removing trees and horses the server became much more playable. Ive also toyed a bit with the tree scripts (auto-removal below q31 and the growth speed thingy. made a mistake in the former and had it remove everything below q80, the place looked .... somewhat lonesome. :-D)

there was this guy who had a total of around 140-ish horses lol. most of them were in his warehouses though, still had around 20 of them outside.

btw its not THAT awful when you remove q31 and lower trees, theres still pretty plenty to go on.

Return to Feedback Section