Short Beta test run started!

Everything you need to know about what’s happening in Life is Feudal.
Zingo

Re: Short Beta test run started!

Post by Zingo » 29 Oct 2016, 07:44

ProbablePanic wrote:Sad I didn't get accepted for this wave, but excited to see some new content come out on the beta!

Yep, me too. :)

Donatelobg

Post by Donatelobg » 29 Oct 2016, 07:57

okay but what is the criterias they chose the ppl to join ? im just curious

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 29 Oct 2016, 08:07

random might be some... hmmm... random ? :beer:
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

SCope1987
Devoted Believer

Post by SCope1987 » 29 Oct 2016, 09:33

Yes my Community and me are still hope to get a invite for the beta.

Tufed
True Believer

Post by Tufed » 29 Oct 2016, 11:01

Stormsblade wrote:
Gachabu wrote:Just notice that I've got the blue name.
But there's no email yet :(

Can someone of the staff pm me D:

Download the client and go:
http://lif.cdn.btbx.io/content/install/setupLiF.exe

be with you forever shorter Ping and forever big FPS, my friend!!! :Yahoo!:
Forgive my English, Google has come to me.

Easton88
Beta Tester

Post by Easton88 » 29 Oct 2016, 11:37

I did not get any email, but i think im added to the group... im confused.. :shock: HELP where do i go from here?

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 29 Oct 2016, 11:43

Easton88 wrote:I did not get any email, but i think im added to the group... im confused.. :shock: HELP where do i go from here?

relog (or clear cache), find the closed forums and download the launcgher from the closed forum.
Last edited by Sharana on 29 Oct 2016, 12:49, edited 1 time in total.

Easton88
Beta Tester

Post by Easton88 » 29 Oct 2016, 12:30

Sharana wrote:
Easton88 wrote:I did not get any email, but i think im added to the group... im confused.. :shock: HELP where do i go from here?

relog (or clear cache), find the closed forums and download the forum.

Thank you very much Sharana, that worked like a charm! I still find it funny i got no email(i checked all folders including spam). I was basically teasing myself for not being picked by logging in(what if..) only to find out my name was blue :beer: .

So everyone that did not get an email and did not log in to the forum, log in you never know...

Veda
Beta Tester

Post by Veda » 29 Oct 2016, 12:45

What a great news that the MMO moves :)

BUT, i'm extremely disappointed that there was a randomly selection between ALL the players after the release ! It's not fair at all, the alpha tester and the backers before release deserve that early short test, not the players after release ...

This is really not fair ! I've got almost 2800 hours and i can't test the mmo yet ... If you do that there is no reason to back an early access game ...

:evil: :evil:

Harakrishna
Zealous Believer

Post by Harakrishna » 29 Oct 2016, 12:57

+1

we've just spoken together with veda about that because we try to organize the french community and the fact we don"t have an access don't help us too...

I understand you don't have time to choose every testers but you could give an acces to thoose how ask you and have good experience of this game...

i'm on the discord but i can't do anything to help you... to help us to make a better game soon ...

i have more than 4200 hours of that game and we have seen people having access yesterday with less than 60hours or people who have totally stop the game since a moment and who still not go on the mmo yet...

perhaps you could give us some access no ?

i really hope... i understant your point of view... i just say that we want to help you and a lottery wasn't really fait for some of us...

i have seen stream since yesterday... it a great job guys!!! many bugs are fixed.. this is so cool!

KazCroute
True Believer

Post by KazCroute » 29 Oct 2016, 13:56

I'm agree with the two last post from Veda and Harakrishna. I have only 1000 hours on Your Own, not a lot, but i was playing recently.

And when i see some friend, who have <500hours on game and never play since one years, i'm dispointed. I know, it's a lottery, but with some suprising rules. Why feeders and backers have same chances than a random player.

Love this game, hope an acces next wave :D

Wookiee420
True Believer

Post by Wookiee420 » 29 Oct 2016, 15:36

its 100% random. we were told if you own the game you get a shot at the beta, not if you play X amount of hours you will get guaranteed first crack at the beta. this beta is 3 days long and then server wipe and resource relocation. between the next two waves the rest of everyone who owns YO will get to test it, and then have all their progress wiped too...relax, you will get your chance, nothing gets accomplished when everyone complains how they are entitled to play beta because they played so many hours already.

Weye
Devoted Believer

Post by Weye » 29 Oct 2016, 15:45

this test is random, but the next test anyone who has lif:yo will get in, just gotta be patient :)

Woli
True Believer

Post by Woli » 29 Oct 2016, 16:19

Most people got what beta is a new account, made a few days before the draw

Fizzleton

Post by Fizzleton » 29 Oct 2016, 16:20

Mentioning that the current counter is at 489 beta testers and if you put the list in a chronological order, the first 6 pages (out of 17) are accounts that joined barely after the 20th of october.

So from 489 testers, around 150 accounts were created less than a week ago...

3 spooky 5 me

Waiting for the open beta :crazy:

Woli
True Believer

Post by Woli » 29 Oct 2016, 16:24

But they had to prevent this, the new account is not got

ThorneRazeri
Beta Tester

Post by ThorneRazeri » 29 Oct 2016, 16:33

A lot of people have had YO since it was launched on Steam, they just don't visit the forums. They are every bit as entitled to join as you.

All it took was to click the link and register their YO account.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 29 Oct 2016, 16:36

Having new forum account means they just registered? They might have never visited this site (steam only) and registered here + linked their steam account for the MMO.

Besides it was random this time, Bobik wanted everyone to have a chance.

Woli
True Believer

Post by Woli » 29 Oct 2016, 16:38

ThorneRazeri wrote:A lot of people have had YO since it was launched on Steam, they just don't visit the forums. They are every bit as entitled to join as you.

All it took was to click the link and register their YO account.

Yes, but they suddenly started to get interested party life in post accounts as they heard that will draw on the beta tester ...

Woli
True Believer

Post by Woli » 29 Oct 2016, 16:42

Sharana wrote:Having new forum account means they just registered? They might have never visited this site (steam only) and registered here + linked their steam account for the MMO.

Consider carefully the list of beta testers and see that most have an account a few days ... In my opinion a better chance should be those who are no longer here ...

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 29 Oct 2016, 16:47

Woli wrote:Consider carefully the list of beta testers and see that most have an account a few days ... In my opinion a better chance should be those who are no longer here ...

If it's decided to be random then it's not random with increased chance - you just need LiF:YO. Otherwise they would have done application process or even easier just give the big guilds enough slots and they will test what's needed.

JacekPlacek
Beta Tester

Post by JacekPlacek » 29 Oct 2016, 16:50

why when i click on link in mail i dont have any post?

Woli
True Believer

Post by Woli » 29 Oct 2016, 16:50

enough to tell when an account has been established.
In this way, it would be fairer

Fizzleton

Post by Fizzleton » 29 Oct 2016, 16:56

Maybe "created" was a bit misleading, as it was meant to enforce the devs statement that picks are random, as +-30% were people who "merged" their account recently (according to the list) got invited.

Visualizing that reading about this event and merging your account just right before the picking starts will result in the same chances due to rng.

Not being a native english speaker I may apologize for bringing up unexpected nurdrage as I thought 3 spooky 5 me wouldn't be too misleading as halloween is right around the corner :lol:

Eltopo
Alpha Tester

Post by Eltopo » 29 Oct 2016, 16:57

What happened to the old beta section of the forum that u could only access if u were a beta tester. I'm trying to find a place I can post feedback.

I got into the game, but I can't get out of server block 25. The client keeps telling me that god doesn't want me to leave that server block. Any ideas how to get past this problem?

Looking at the server status map everything seems to be fine.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 29 Oct 2016, 17:03

Eltopo wrote:What happened to the old beta section of the forum that u could only access if u were a beta tester. I'm trying to find a place I can post feedback.

I got into the game, but I can't get out of server block 25. The client keeps telling me that god doesn't want me to leave that server block. Any ideas how to get past this problem?

Pshht, right here... alpha-beta-testing-forums/

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 29 Oct 2016, 17:03

Eltopo wrote:What happened to the old beta section of the forum that u could only access if u were a beta tester. I'm trying to find a place I can post feedback.

1) clear your cache and it will show up. If not here is a link:
alpha-beta-testing-forums/

2) We will be asked to provide feedback after the wave, for technical probles either the discord channel with the devs or the mail.

3) Have you installed a fresh client for this wave or just updated the wave 0 one? From what we know there was old bug in the local client (during wave 0) that prevented server crossing even if they are up. If it's fresh install just relog and try again. If you fail open the console, make screenshots and report the problem.

Wookiee420
True Believer

Post by Wookiee420 » 29 Oct 2016, 18:09

Woli wrote:
Sharana wrote:Having new forum account means they just registered? They might have never visited this site (steam only) and registered here + linked their steam account for the MMO.

Consider carefully the list of beta testers and see that most have an account a few days ... In my opinion a better chance should be those who are no longer here ...

Consider this, people who aren't active, arent active so they might not know. People who are in the game on Steam but not here are active and saw the notification that went out so they came over here and signed up. Attaching their account lets the system see how long they played regardless of interactions with the forum.

Also whoever it was that responded to the entitled comment. Yes owners of YO are entitled to play in wave (i think) 2 when its opened to players. Before that it is open to the lottery, complaining wont change anything. Relax we will all get to enjoy the game when the time is right.

ThorneRazeri
Beta Tester

Post by ThorneRazeri » 29 Oct 2016, 18:23

Interesting - I have the old client and have not had that issue. Though I am having an occasional issue where I can walk through trees (before bouncing out). The trees will not show up for actions either, though the nearby brush does.

Vitorlmf

Post by Vitorlmf » 29 Oct 2016, 19:45

Hi,

I´m selected for beta Test, but i don´t received any e-mails with codes for beta.
What i do? Please Help me, or send me a new w-mail.
member/Vitorlmf/

TKS

Return to News and Information