Skill Cap Question

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Asclepius
Zealous Believer

Skill Cap Question

Post by Asclepius » 03 Feb 2017, 16:57

Been hopping around a server just to get a feel for the game. The game seems promising. Past few months been exploring games like Rust, Ark (I'm not a fan of the guns or dinos). Wanting a more medieval feel has brought me here.

My main question is due to old/new information and the wiki I'm trying to get a clear answer on, and that is the skill caps.

I see mentions of 400-600, with the wiki having the following:

In Life is Feudal, the current Skill Cap is separated into two parts: 600 + (Int-10) for Crafting skills
600 + (Int-10) for Combat skills

and

Intellect (Int). Each point of intellect awards +2 skill cap (both combat and craft).

Post often seem to mention a base cap of 400/600, with mentions of changes to the skill tree (and it only requires 400 to make a branch).

Also, the two different pages show different impacts of Int (+1 vs +2 skill cap).

I'd just like to get a clearer understanding of the *likely* base cap and impact of intelligence on the cap. It's also not mention on the wiki, but based on my limited play time and browsing, it appears the minor skills is also a separated out

Sharana
Beta Tester

Re: Skill Cap Question

Post by Sharana » 03 Feb 2017, 17:11

In LiF:YO whatever the server admin makes the cap to be.

In the MMO it's 400 (was 600 with the older, longer skill trees). INT gives +2 in both games.

Asclepius
Zealous Believer

Post by Asclepius » 03 Feb 2017, 19:25

Thanks. Answers the main question. Goal is to try and play around on a YO server that matches MMO as much as feasible.

Kildrith
Zealous Believer

Post by Kildrith » 03 Feb 2017, 19:46

Hey Asclepius, welcome to the game, I represent a small US guild just figured I would extend an open invite to you, even if you don't want to join, I would be happy to answer any questions you may have about the game, I am just going to copy and paste from my recruitment thread below. ;) ;)

We are a small guild of veteran players looking to increase our numbers, looking for more veterans as well as beginners, we have no problem helping new players get acclimated to the game, we also have room for those who just want to craft, or PvP or a combination of the two. Sense we are small if you do join and want to learn, you can get plenty of hands on help from our members. If you are looking for a friendly US server guild shoot me a PM on the forums and we can set up a time to talk on discord.

:beer: :beer:

Asimov

Post by Asimov » 04 Feb 2017, 12:18

Asclepius wrote:Thanks. Answers the main question. Goal is to try and play around on a YO server that matches MMO as much as feasible.

If you are new to the game, i suggest you go for a 3k skill cap server. Reason is simple: Find out what skills you like to do, since in the mmo you will only do those skills and nothing else. If you end up doing blacksmithing and hates it after 2 weeks, i have a feeling you will not last long in the mmo.
Another reason is to find out what PvP skills that fits your game style. Again if you chose bow, and it turns out you suck with a bow, it will not be a fun mmo for you

JTCrowder1
Beta Tester

Post by JTCrowder1 » 04 Feb 2017, 14:01

Do NOT go to a 3000sp server if you have any interest in what Life is Feudal is actually like.

Being able to build everything in the game on one character within 15 minutes of logging in is next level asinine.

Set up the 64 bit client and find you a server worth playing.

Just because Asimov sucks doesn't mean you have to.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 04 Feb 2017, 14:44

JTCrowder1 wrote:Do NOT go to a 3000sp server if you have any interest in what Life is Feudal is actually like.

Being able to build everything in the game on one character within 15 minutes of logging in is next level asinine.

Set up the 64 bit client and find you a server worth playing.

Just because Asimov sucks doesn't mean you have to.

I guess you failed to come up with something more stupid...
I do like the 400 skillcap and that's exactly what I'm looking for, so I'm strong defender. Yet when I first started the game it was on 3K server and higher rates. This allowed me to experience all roles and learn the basic mechanics. When I joined a guild later on (playing on 600 cap then) I already knew the basics and I knew which role (profession) I like most. And as I did pretty much everything I know how professions function and I know how to plan with others as I know what they can realistically do.

Asclepius
Zealous Believer

Post by Asclepius » 07 Feb 2017, 00:56

I appreciate the input. Granted I can see the short term advantages of going to a high cap server. However, I'd prefer a low cap server to not only get a feel of what its like but also the general play around me.

Return to Newcomer Section