[Feedback] Small medicore group on Epleland *14. day* [updated]

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Amoksepp

[Feedback] Small medicore group on Epleland *14. day* [updated]

Post by Amoksepp » 07 Dec 2017, 11:41

Hi community,

i will try to give my feedback here from time to time.

I play on Epleland with a small group of 12 members. The most of us started with life is feudal this week and dont have any experience. I played Your Own about 80 hours, so we will do a lot of things not in a optimal way or missunderstood some mechanics, but other new player will struggle with the same problems.

I will split my feedback in 3 categories.

Our point of view on several aspects of the game with personal feedback on things which are fine or we would like to see small adjustments but are overall good.

Things we would highly recommend to change, to make the game experience better.

Parts of the game who are completley broken and need a change immediately.

Beginning:

The start is harsh. I played YO and talked with other guild owners what i should to take care of. But the most guys in our group didnt know what to do and where. The wiki is a really good source of information even its outdated on a lof of articles, i would recommend to point new players to the wiki. I dont know how good the Newbie Island tutorial is, but to learn a lot of basic stuff you need skills and noone would waste hours of playtime just to be able to make the tutorial. On Newbie Island you should have maxed every profession to test the mechanics.

The game experience with a group and the needed infos from someone like me and wiki/discord help channel is overall good yet. We built our guild monument, tiny shacks, forge and anvil, some carts, coops and a lot of other small stuff. The different professions work in most cases well together.

We just had one medium problem. To explain it i split the profession in tiers. T0=artisan, natures lore...; T1=carpentry...., T3=siege weapons, forging.

The carpenter (T1) is able to make a wheelbarrow with skill 30 and a cart with skill 60. For both he needs wheels, a wheel needs metalbands, so we would need someone with forging... forging is a T3 profession and thats not the worst.

Back to the carpenter, he need a carpenter toolkit, available from someone with forging 30. But you created a alternative to make it from a workbench, a good idea with a big flaw. The workbench needs a linerope... for a linerope you need a weaverstoolkit and this is created by someone with forging 30 :D.

The carpenter hits skill 90 before the blacksmith is able to create the first toolkit/workbench, so every cart lower than tradingcart is useless. A lot of people would like to see a change to the wheelbarrow, it would be nice to transport ore with it, i know that would need a change of your storage system.

Solution: change Workbench to need simple strings instead line rope or it doesnt have any use. Wheelbarrow can hold ore and dirt/stone

EDIT 17.12: we figured out that the workbench is the better tool for carpentery, so it would make more sense to lower the forging requirement for the carpentery toolkit instead

I also dont think its a good idea to put forging such deep in the crafting skill tree... the whole village stands still without simple forging goods, we are lucky that our blacksmith is the most dedicated player but i think a lot of groups struggle at the beginning because of missing forging goods.

Hi community,

our village grow every day. We built 3 warehouses, a kitchen more parts from our wall and a trading post. In the last days we had some nice RP conversations on Epleland and are happy that we joined the Roleplay server, the people are overall more adult. Someone tried to steal a horse in our kingdom, yesterday he lost his court and his head for this.

After a lot of conversations with my guild members i show you some points we would like to see a change in the near future.

Thievery: If someone steal our goods we can't attack him without getting alignment loss, i think a change would be necessary.
Thief ability: a function that work like the trespassers ability just for thiefes. Could work like this: someone who take a object/cart/horse which was used by someone else in the last 10 minutes, can get tagged as a criminal with the thief ability

Tooltips: Regional Ressources tooltips are buggy sometimes and dont show the "region: xxxxx" info, if you reopen the inventory you see it again, a more obvious visual for the regional ressources like the exclamation mark in the crafting menu would be nice

Guildmenu: our guildleader said the guildmenu INGAME feels very clunky atm, he have to reopen it a lot.

Renaming: Especially on the RP server (also on every server else) we will have marriages and unions, with those a possability to change his last name or guild name would be very helpful

Horse Stamina: Horse only regenerate stamina when it's stand still and drain nearly the same amount when slow and fast moving, the most people run a long way, put them in the inventory to reset the stamina and ride again. Would be nice if you remove the stamina reset and give us stamina regeneration if the horse is not running

Talk range: We know the shout function, but we think the normal talking range is to low. Yesterday at a celebration in our kingdom and the court of the horse thief, 2/3 of the people couldnt hear the thief and the king. For short range we have the whisper function and a permanent change in voice range so we dont have to type /! everytime would be helpful

Multiple Inventory: maybe its intended, but it would be a fine QOL change to open multiple inventorie from near storages to move items much easier.

Edit 19.12.17:
Durability loss: I think it needs a lot of rebalance in the current state... our blacksmith tried yesterday to improve his way to make nails and found out that its about 10x more efficient to smelt iron ingots and those ingots to iron lumbs and lumbs to nails instead to make lumbs direct from ore and then to nails.
Because everytime he cast to make a lumb, the smith loss 15 durability. But if he make a ingot into lumbs he only needs to cast 1 time to get 40 lumbs and just lose 15 durability once
(i cant garant that the numbers are correct, but if needed i can ask him again for the right numbers)

Edit: 20.12.17:
Currency: In my opinion the ingame currency is broken, the main reason for this is that some task give you a shit load of money, like jewelry give you 22 silver per ring and its easy to mass produce them (if silver and gold would be rare it would be very different, but we have more gold/silver than we would ever need) and other tasks and items give nearly no money. It doenst need to have a perfect balance, because the player based market would regulate the price, but we dont get a player market when the sell value of some items are such off the line.
Solution: Rebalance the item sell value to the crown, depending on how rare the ressources are and how much time is needed to produce them:
Example:
lower the amount of silver/gold in the world and give the jewelry another possability to increase his skill, let him produce iron and copper rings with a low luck value. The sell value for the other rings to the crown could remain the same because its harder to get silver/gold rings
Last edited by Amoksepp on 22 Dec 2017, 10:50, edited 19 times in total.

Amoksepp

Re: [Feedback] Small medicore group on Epleland *14. day*

Post by Amoksepp » 17 Dec 2017, 10:54

*placeholder*

Amoksepp

Re: [Feedback] Small medicore group on Epleland *14. day* [updated]

Post by Amoksepp » 17 Dec 2017, 11:36

*placeholder*

Entspeak

Post by Entspeak » 17 Dec 2017, 21:45

Is there a Voice Chat function that is ready? I noticed the setting in Audio, but it says the key can be assigned in Controls, but there is no Voice Chat option in the Controls settings.

Amoksepp

Post by Amoksepp » 17 Dec 2017, 23:06

Entspeak wrote:Is there a Voice Chat function that is ready? I noticed the setting in Audio, but it says the key can be assigned in Controls, but there is no Voice Chat option in the Controls settings.

Not yet as far as i know, i hope they will implement it for RP

Return to Feedback Section