Small things that need attention before OBT

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Small things that need attention before OBT

Post by Sharana » 22 Aug 2017, 21:39

In the latest interview devs said they are forming a list with stuff they want to address before next MMO phase.
The big problems are clear to everyone and they don't need mentioning. But there are many simple "quality of life improvements" that were always at the end of the list, but are good to finally have before OBT and wider audience. I mentioned to them the skill points today, where you can't really have 33 strength and 17 willpower for example, because it will go for 33.15 and 16.89 for example. It was "good reminder" for something they wanted to address long ago, but was always at the bottom of the priority lists.

What simple daily activities and such problems you want to see polished before OBT? I'm sure devs will check out the topic if there are simple suggestions without extensive reworks they have no time for at this point of development. I'm sure each profession can share the annoying problems of daily activities. For example mortar doesn't have mass produce option which is very annoying. Leathers aren't automatically stacked (if same quality) after processing which is very annoying as well. And so on, that's on top of my head after literally 1 minute thinking about the daily activities.

Please share what's on top of your mind.

Baal
True Believer

Re: Small things that need attention before OBT

Post by Baal » 22 Aug 2017, 22:08

There is some i have in mind now :

- regional resources to be better identified on one look in the inventory, why not add a small colored outlining or something similar.

- wooden spear for training in group formation with a spear and shield or two handed spear.

- attack speed of the spear should not be faster in one handed mode (with shield), it should have the same attack speed and maybe do less damage than a two handed spear.

- no apple and hazelnut production in winter season, harvest and stocks have to be planned before winter. Ok maybe half apple harvest per tree in winter, keep Hazelnut, berries, mushroom, roots, fish and meat in winter, new people joining in winter will find a way to survive until they cook something in a fireplace.

- why all movable objects are 2x bigger when carried on the back, it's odd, is there any logical reason it hasn't been modified since ? it make it difficult to see where to place them on third person view when it's a big object like a bed or an alchemist's table.

- when looking at a horse (wild or domesticated) we should be able to see if it's a female or a male, please add a text next in brackets like "Horse (Mare or stallion)"

- lampe post should allow to be placed where you want in the tile and not necessarily centered in the middle of the tile. The axis of rotation is very odd and not centered and it can bother sometimes or block the way and force you to find another way to place them.

- small stable's roof is too low then a male character mounted on a horse cannot enter into the stable to park your horse easily. The female character more smaller can do it without problem. Please raise the roof a little.

- fix the grass removal when we build a big building on unplowed soil.

- as a guild leader we should be able to redesign the town claim area, instead of a round circle we should be able to stretch it in any form you need (like personnal claim) with a max limit in length and width. The realm claim zone can stay round around.

- the hability to cancel monument upgrade, in case if you click on the upgrade button by mistake and want to undo the scaffolding.

- a possibility to revoke a guild leader (like a vote) when the guild leader is accidentally absent and can't relog for a long moment and power need to be transfer. Or create a title for one vice-leader that have part of claim rights.

- new graphics for broken tools and weapons to find them easily in inventory and storage.

- better in-game chat fonctionnality, like display full name of players talking, clickable internet link in the chat, tutorial for chat commands, ect... evey good things other mmo have.

- fix the respawn point in big houses, we spawn on roof, fall and take damage or even die, that's very annoying.

- fix the horse loosing bug crash when crossing server's border. Horse travels is THE most important thing in this medieval game.
Last edited by Baal on 26 Aug 2017, 18:13, edited 17 times in total.

Frang
True Believer

Post by Frang » 23 Aug 2017, 01:37

Not sure what things should be said or not but here is my list.

1) innovatory organization. If I place something in a container or building it should stay that way for at least me same with my inventory.

2) Combat balance - cant really say more

3) All and any known cheats and exploits and being able to mod files.

4) stability- good work so far but still a lot to do with server boarders as an example.

These are my biggest issues for before the next phase but not all of them.

Knar
Zealous Believer

Post by Knar » 23 Aug 2017, 02:33

What we really need is horse archery.

Dzelzs

Post by Dzelzs » 23 Aug 2017, 12:28

Horse + Cart = Horse pulling cart.

Jakeman
Alpha Tester

Post by Jakeman » 23 Aug 2017, 14:48

i figured lots of stuff will be getting fixed in OBT since last i heard it was suppose to run for a year unless thats changed. theres no way they fix all the problems before obt and definitely not small ones.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 24 Aug 2017, 15:46

* Leave Apple and Hazelnut production alone. No need to make life even harder on new players who happen to start in winter.

* Add more capability around object permissions. As a the leader of a guild I should be able to restrict who in the guild has access to various features.

* Add ability to give an 'Order' (guild with unclaimed land) permissions on realm/town claim through the web interface.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Davis105
True Believer

Post by Davis105 » 24 Aug 2017, 17:11

Unread post by Azzerhoden » Today, 19:46

* Leave Apple and Hazelnut production alone. No need to make life even harder on new players who happen to start in winter.

* Add more capability around object permissions. As a the leader of a guild I should be able to restrict who in the guild has access to various features.

* Add ability to give an 'Order' (guild with unclaimed land) permissions on realm/town claim through the web interface.

Hit the nail on the head with these. I just want to add one more;

- Guild rank customization, for example giving us 20 rank slots that we can customize with our own names/titles. And like Azzerhoden said, give us the ability to restrict access to certain buildings, chests for each rank.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 25 Aug 2017, 02:57

Davis105 wrote:
Hit the nail on the head with these. I just want to add one more;

- Guild rank customization, for example giving us 20 rank slots that we can customize with our own names/titles. And like Azzerhoden said, give us the ability to restrict access to certain buildings, chests for each rank.

You nailed a good one as well. :good:

Plus
- A log system for Trading Posts on your claimed land. I want to know who sold what to whom, and for how much.

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Davidefiorella

Post by Davidefiorella » 26 Aug 2017, 07:52

Horse speed stamina :

It's burned out in every speed you are running .

They must recharge stamina during trot ( spirit horse more than others cuz is for scouting :D ) .

In big map like MMO u must put it in bagpack every moment to refill stamina , it's just horrible for simulation -.-° .
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>LIFE IS EXPLORATION<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 26 Aug 2017, 15:38

Davidefiorella wrote:Horse speed stamina :

It's burned out in every speed you are running .

They must recharge stamina during trot ( spirit horse more than others cuz is for scouting :D ) .

In big map like MMO u must put it in bagpack every moment to refill stamina , it's just horrible for simulation -.-° .

:good:

Baal
True Believer

Post by Baal » 26 Aug 2017, 18:03

Edited and updated my first post.

Javichuu
Beta Tester

Post by Javichuu » 26 Aug 2017, 18:20

fix 3rd person with bow

That the things that there is more amount, weigh less, example the straw and the flax to be able to store

end :D

Falkvard
Beta Tester

Post by Falkvard » 30 Aug 2017, 18:49

Yo, I got a few points as well.

1) add a feature to stack all things of the same type and quality in inventory.
As of now, when you press Alt and click on an item, all items of the same type stack togather. It would be nice to be able to stack, like, all the thin leaders or iron ingots of the same quality togather.

2) Show us those new castle models so that we can plan how our castles will look like.
Where will be the entrance to the angular castle tower? Will there be an entrance to a castle tower? Will a drawbridge be a fixed part of a castle gatehouse or will it be possible to build a gatehouse without it? Will there be a model of sloped castle wall with hoarding?

3) On hacks and nightvision especially - before making it impossible to edit game files, please make sure to track and disable all the possible means that allow players to see at night. Edited game file is pretty much a part of common knowledge these days, but it is not the only way to see at night. If you prevent majority of players from seeing at night, you will give those who use other means a great advantage and the game will be very badly unbalanced. And honestly I would say that if you can not force ALL players to not see at night, try to find a different way.

4) Horse archery :cry:

Edit:
5) There is this annoying thing - when doing some action with progression bar and looking around with V key, you sometimes want to turn your char into the direction where you want to go after he finishes the action. Since some patch the char is still facing the original direction from before the action, but you see him facing the direction you picked with V key. Then if you press W key to go in the direction you think he is facing, he walks in the original direction. Very dangerous when working in heights.

Filipsss
Beta Tester

Post by Filipsss » 01 Sep 2017, 09:39

1) PLEASE, finally give us wall section without battlements

Mrkaco

Post by Mrkaco » 01 Sep 2017, 14:39

Minor and certainly not important...

1) Ability to build stone fences on flattened inclines/declines. The old method no longer works with restrictions on flattening nearby tiles.
--- or ability to build on unflattened tiles like wooden fences
2) Stone fence models matching on both ends.

KaCo

Return to General Discussion