So what's being done about exploiters?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Vorl

So what's being done about exploiters?

Post by Vorl » 16 Dec 2017, 13:02

There are many reports of people using glitches and exploits to get inside walls and other things. What are you doing about it? Are you going to start banning people? Are you just going to give the message that it's ok?

If you are just going to ignore it, that's important information on both sides. One for the people doing it, so they are safe, and Two, so the defenders and people that aren't interested in cheating can leave the game until you fix it.

Arrakis

Re: So what's being done about exploiters?

Post by Arrakis » 16 Dec 2017, 13:12

What exploits are you referring to? We have recently eliminated the issue with bark box/sleeping bag stairs used to climb the walls.

Are you referring to climbing on top of each other now? We really can't block everything. Otherwise, this game will stop feeling like open world PvP game and more like open world building/crafting game. If there's no sense of danger, there's no point in anything.

If there are other exploits/glitches that we should take a look at, please send me details via pm.

Agathon

Post by Agathon » 16 Dec 2017, 16:39

Arrakis wrote:What exploits are you referring to? We have recently eliminated the issue with bark box/sleeping bag stairs used to climb the walls.

Are you referring to climbing on top of each other now? We really can't block everything. Otherwise, this game will stop feeling like open world PvP game and more like open world building/crafting game. If there's no sense of danger, there's no point in anything.

If there are other exploits/glitches that we should take a look at, please send me details via pm.

So why don't you make a proper game instead of allowing people to stack frigin horses to get over walls? So realistic!

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 16 Dec 2017, 17:06

Agathon wrote:So why don't you make a proper game instead of allowing people to stack frigin horses to get over walls? So realistic!

Can you send me details such as screenshots/video/steps to reproduce? Would be very useful for investigation.

Blackberrygoo

Post by Blackberrygoo » 16 Dec 2017, 18:36

Agathon wrote:
Arrakis wrote:What exploits are you referring to? We have recently eliminated the issue with bark box/sleeping bag stairs used to climb the walls.

So why don't you make a proper game instead of allowing people to stack frigin horses to get over walls? So realistic!

Lol they could have avoided all this by adding proper physics into the game like I suggested years ago In many threads on the YO forums . I thought it was so grossly half baked to leave the game in such a state that you can literally float objects in the air to act as any type of stairs , bridge, wall, ceiling etc etc when it takes no primary points to do so , essentially making seige ladders / towers a completely moot point . It’s almost like devs leave these rough edges in the game so they don’t have to create a legitimate working version of the same kind.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 16 Dec 2017, 18:50

Blackberrygoo wrote:Lol they could have avoided all this by adding proper physics into the game like I suggested years ago

If you have technical expertise, skills, and knowledge how to implement such system into our game, on our engine, and of course in a way that it won't cause massive lags and tons of new issues, you should contact Bobik and offer your help with that. I'm sure that once we will make the game servers stable and capable of sustaining high population and we'll fix the game breaking bugs, your help with implementing such complex physics system on our engine would be greatly appreciated ;)

Skuf
Devoted Believer

Post by Skuf » 16 Dec 2017, 19:49

Yeah, because standing on the back of a horse, leaning against the wall, and hoisting someone else up is SOOOOO "unrealistic". Just because you don't have the physical strength to lift anything heavier than a 2 liter of Mountain Dew doesn't mean everyone is like that.

Maybe instead of crying you should fix your terraforming and strengthen your walls.
Instead of crying learn to terraform to deter raiders.

Sefin

Post by Sefin » 16 Dec 2017, 22:29

Skuf wrote:Yeah, because standing on the back of a horse, leaning against the wall, and hoisting someone else up is SOOOOO "unrealistic". Just because you don't have the physical strength to lift anything heavier than a 2 liter of Mountain Dew doesn't mean everyone is like that.

Maybe instead of crying you should fix your terraforming and strengthen your walls.

my name is Sefin and I approve of this message. :good:

Lord_Sitruc
True Believer

Post by Lord_Sitruc » 17 Dec 2017, 05:46

Skuf wrote:Yeah, because standing on the back of a horse, leaning against the wall, and hoisting someone else up is SOOOOO "unrealistic". Just because you don't have the physical strength to lift anything heavier than a 2 liter of Mountain Dew doesn't mean everyone is like that.

Got'em

Blackberrygoo

Post by Blackberrygoo » 17 Dec 2017, 06:56

Arrakis wrote:
Blackberrygoo wrote:Lol they could have avoided all this by adding proper physics into the game like I suggested years ago

If you have technical expertise, skills, and knowledge how to implement such system into our game, on our engine, and of course in a way that it won't cause massive lags and tons of new issues, you should contact Bobik and offer your help with that. I'm sure that once we will make the game servers stable and capable of sustaining high population and we'll fix the game breaking bugs, your help with implementing such complex physics system on our engine would be greatly appreciated ;)

I leave that to the professionals , you know , you guys ? You are professionals correct ?

I don’t think it’s too much to ask for actual physics in a game that tends to lean on the more realistic side of things . It’s clearly not balanced right to be able to make literal floating bridges/ladders made of Junk , it’s not a fantasy game people.. a horse and man I can understand but multiple men in armor on top of a horse standing on eachothers shoulders ? Pfff... Give us the proper tools like siege ladders and towers , so the community can stop abusing the shit out of silly ass things in game . Easy as that , it’s better sooner rather than later - it IS beta after all which is typically feature complete.

Asimov

Post by Asimov » 17 Dec 2017, 09:01

Blackberrygoo wrote:
Arrakis wrote:

I leave that to the professionals , you know , you guys ? You are professionals correct ?

I don’t think it’s too much to ask for actual physics in a game that tends to lean on the more realistic side of things . It’s clearly not balanced right to be able to make literal floating bridges/ladders made of Junk , it’s not a fantasy game people.. a horse and man I can understand but multiple men in armor on top of a horse standing on eachothers shoulders ? Pfff... Give us the proper tools like siege ladders and towers , so the community can stop abusing the shit out of silly ass things in game . Easy as that , it’s better sooner rather than later - it IS beta after all which is typically feature complete.

It is simply so fun... I am the kind of guy who is stacking shit on top of each other to get over a wall. The one thing i am waiting for is siege ladders. Just so it will become more easy for me to do my job.
I did not know we had so much in common :-)

Return to General Discussion