Some confusion on this and that.

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
DEAD_RABBIT
Zealous Believer

Re: Some confusion on this and that.

Post by DEAD_RABBIT » 11 Jan 2017, 08:54

Cian wrote:
themrsaxon wrote:
Cian wrote:Server cost money. Developers require a paycheck. The long term suitability of this game requires monthly subs and a store of some type for cosmetics. The developers are currently using their cash income to fund the final development of the game. If they burn through most of it before release what will pay for the server costs and staff wages?

Use your head man. Nothing is free.

I had a much better reply for you on the whole use your head insult but this one wont get me into trouble. Stop insulting people. Your intelligence is doubtedly that much different than mine. Just because I hadnt thought of something doesnt mean I dont use my head. Do you use yours? Do you like being insulted? Probably not.

Telling you to use your head isn't an insult. It is a directive. Ergo, I'm telling you to take your noggin out of idle and put it into drive.

You started your second reply in this topic by dismissing Wookie's reply as mere opinion and conjecture with no real factual basis behind it. You conveniently ignored the fact that the developers have already made the decision to include a cash shop and a subscription model. Simple deductive reasoning would have told you that the developers obviously believe that these measures are required in order to maintain their game.

I've provided you a more in depth albeit sarcastic explanation as to why these measures are required in order to continue to provide for the development of this title.

Quite frankly you caught the brunt of my rather blunt response because your words give me the impression that you were about to join the ranks of the raving mad men constantly screaming about pay to win.

If you don't fit that definition that you were undeserving of my sarcasm and I apologize. If that does resemble your mindset in any way then I suppose no apology is needed.

Frankly I am appalled at today's gaming environment filled with Free to Play babies who scream bloody murder at the mere suggestion that those who are actually WILLING to pay a subscription not be given any real benefit for doing so. The people who defend the idea of paying a subscription are routinely publicly flogged, eviscerated, burned at the stake, and have their ashes symbolically urinated on for having suggested the heresy of actually paying for a product.

As for either of our intelligence levels, I'd say a large portion of the world is likely wiser, more intelligent, or both than I am. Very intelligent people are still capable of failing to think things through to their logical conclusion. That isn't a reflection of intelligence or education. That is a reflection of how much time someone puts into their thoughts before they express them to others.

Thanks for clearing that up. Im also sorry if Ive offended or was rude.

No I dont mind paying a sub fee. Have been doing it for years on Ultima Online. Just hoped there were other ways for this game other than having to pay every month, like DLC etc but I suppose that there is only so many of them they can release before the community feels there milking them. At least thats how I see it.

Also I didnt mean to dismiss anything anyone said. All Im really after in the end is the facts regarding this game so I know what Im paying for or going to have to pay for.

Much like how I bought the zealous believer tier. I bought it not really because I needed it or anything but just wanted to help the DEVS out. And looking forward to getting an early start in the MMO.

Sorry again - cheers

Gruber

Re: Some confusion on this and that.

Post by Gruber » 11 Jan 2017, 14:33

If you want a well ballanced game in every game aspect, there is no way around a monthly payment or a regular must have dlc/addon.
f2p and cosmetic items work mostly for a short time, but with a shrinking community (wich is a normal process) there will come the day were either p2w items will show up or server costs will by reduced.

the beginner tool box is no p2w but it is no cosmetic item also, as promised. With reduced skill rates and frequently death (which can accour lategame) booster packs can give you an advantage when you are not able to play 8h a day.
In long war situations regaining lost skillpoints faster than your enemy is some sort of p2w already.

Return to General Discussion