[Solved] Stilll won't work : local server can't be accessed

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Larsingem
True Believer

Re: [Solved] Stilll won't work : local server can't be acces

Post by Larsingem » 08 Oct 2014, 15:43

I have been playing some on my own world. Did at one point have to make a new one since the first one crashed. Now when i try to start my own server the extra server window that used to come up dont. Also now i get an error message tryin to join a multiplayer server.. When i quit the game and try to start it again it says it is still running. Ten minutes later its the same.. If i try to close steam, it cant because life is feudal is running.. Only way to close it properly is by ctr/alt/del and forcing them closed.

Its a CLUSTER... intercorse.. :evil:

Meshane2

Post by Meshane2 » 09 Oct 2014, 04:45

i've had the problem rampantly for the past couple days. deleting the 'daemon' folder, verifying files, and reinstalling c++ fixes it every time for me, the problem is that it seems to recur often.

if you check your files, there is a 'redistrib' folder which has setup files for the c++ needed. i'm happy to say that even after i downloaded them from microsoft they didnt work (not happy about THAT) BUT... the ones in the games files, worked wonderfully and i havent crashed all day since having used them to install the c++ over again.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Life is Feudal Your Own\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2010

try deleting the daemon folder, reinstall c++ through the above listed folder, then verify installation files through steam. worked like a charm for me, hope it does for you too .

Harald1050

Post by Harald1050 » 09 Oct 2014, 14:59

Meshane2 wrote:i've had the problem rampantly for the past couple days. deleting the 'daemon' folder, verifying files, and reinstalling c++ fixes it every time for me, the problem is that it seems to recur often.

if you check your files, there is a 'redistrib' folder which has setup files for the c++ needed. i'm happy to say that even after i downloaded them from microsoft they didnt work (not happy about THAT) BUT... the ones in the games files, worked wonderfully and i havent crashed all day since having used them to install the c++ over again.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Life is Feudal Your Own\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2010

try deleting the daemon folder, reinstall c++ through the above listed folder, then verify installation files through steam. worked like a charm for me, hope it does for you too .

But all the progress is gone? You have to start all over. When i delete the daemon folder and verify the installation i have to create a new player and have to start from the very beginning. Am i missing something?
BTW, i play solo (sandbox).

Meshane2

Post by Meshane2 » 09 Oct 2014, 18:51

Harald1050 wrote:But all the progress is gone? You have to start all over. When i delete the daemon folder and verify the installation i have to create a new player and have to start from the very beginning. Am i missing something?

that would be accurate, you'd have to start completely over. it worked for me, and as i've stated i have not had to do it again since i used the c++ installers included in the software.

the other option you could try, would be to justreinstall the c++.and hope that it works. it did NOT work for me, the only thing that did was rebooting it all in the method that is posted.

Harald1050

Post by Harald1050 » 09 Oct 2014, 20:55

Meshane2 wrote:
Harald1050 wrote:But all the progress is gone? You have to start all over. When i delete the daemon folder and verify the installation i have to create a new player and have to start from the very beginning. Am i missing something?

that would be accurate, you'd have to start completely over. it worked for me, and as i've stated i have not had to do it again since i used the c++ installers included in the software.

the other option you could try, would be to justreinstall the c++.and hope that it works. it did NOT work for me, the only thing that did was rebooting it all in the method that is posted.

Ok, thanks. I will try that. Fingers crossed.

Meshane2

Post by Meshane2 » 10 Oct 2014, 05:02

hope it helps :)

KnockKnock

Post by KnockKnock » 11 Oct 2014, 01:30

hey guys i'm new german user .. but i also recogniced this problem since i started LiF : YO the first time

... after a while i played some time and only tried to quit the game in this special cases nothing happend so i'd been forced to execute the program with help of the task manager ..

next day i try to start the game and it crashed .. i really don't know why but nevertheless i looked out for hints to fix it

delete the hole daemon folder is an easy way but it's quite nasty to notice that your player also will be erased .. very nasty -.-

i'm to lazy to search for such hints to keep my characters data

so i tried out to keep some data i recently thought it contains very important character specific information .. crtl + x .. created a new folder and crtl + v to insert it somewhere else ..

after deleting and restoring the daemon folder i noticed that the lif_1 doesn't exist ..

i started my little trial server and observed the \daemon\mariadb\data - folder which should contain the lif_x folder which the char specific information contains ..

after i created a new char i inserted the data i previously saved started my new char ..

and what a miracle the char containted some important stats i previously achieved .. it wasn't perfect but it contained the most important stats! i hoped to keep

i go on trying this way to save the most important data tomorrow or better later that day ;) it's 3 a.m. and on some days that's sleep time :)

i hope you can figure out the sence oO ... english isn't my passion but i hope i can help some guys to keep some time and maybe someone goes on or link me the hint which contain all that shit i wrote down ^^ in good understandable english

Eine wunderschöne gute Nacht all denen die lieber mal ein paar Informationen auf deutsche lesen wollen.

Die Kurzform meiner Erkenntnis die ich aus Trotz und Faulheit erwirtschaftet habe da es mich angepisst hat meinen Charakterfortschritt verloren zu haben nachdem ich den Daemon Ordner gelöscht hatte.
Wenigstens das kann ich zu diesem Zeitpunkt sagen, die Daten im "daemon\mariadb\data\lif_x"-Ordner, wobei x scheinbar für die Ornungszahl des Charakters steht der erstellt wurde, sind grundlegend ausschlaggebend für den Fortbestand eures Charakters womit jedenfalls für mich ansatzweise feststeht das diese Daten auch nach dem Löschen und Wiederherstellen des Daemon-Ordners für den Fortbestand eures Charakters sorgen kann. Soweit die teilweise erprobte Praxis, da ich bisher nur partiell Daten aus diesem Ordner gerettet habe und nicht direkt den ganzen, eben einfach nur ein Versuch mit Hoffnung auf Erfolg.
;) schauen wir mal was man jetzt zu meinem Beitrag sagt oh und mit Sicherheit kann man diese Methode auch zweckentfremden und ein wenig schneller an Skillfortschrittkommen ^^

Meshane2

Post by Meshane2 » 11 Oct 2014, 09:37

i'll back up my character information and see if it workes next time. thats a great tip :)

KnockKnock

Post by KnockKnock » 11 Oct 2014, 17:37

btw it isn't solved it's only a less-than-ideal solution and doesn't work for everyone ;)

dependent on using a created server on the own computer...
also dependent on the wish to go on playing without loosing any progress

during my further trials i recogniced it isn't that easy i hoped cause some data contained in lif_x isn't helpful to backup
e.g. the 'forest'
caused by trying to enter the server the first time after last crash and the game isnt able to accomplish it again we need to delete, recover by steam and further to insert our own backup.. but e.g. the forest-data causes a lot of error notifications and reinduces the next crash -.- ...
so it's necessary to know what we need and we don't to get the server up and running again without conflicts

also sad to say my first databackup contained and recovered only stats, no lost time you needed to build something ... but i'll go on with my trials - six feet under ;) you will see a nice picture of data first trial which contained data that worked fine but isn't enough^^

(-(-(-.(-.(-(-.(-.-)-).-).-).-)-)-) - me and my friends arn't amused but hey keep smiling it's an early alpha! :)

hope you enjoy ;)

Während meiner Versuche so viele charakterspezifische Daten wie möglich nach einem Servercrash auf dem eigenen PC zu retten, durfte ich feststellen das einige der im \life_x - Ordner enthaltenen Daten zu Konflikten nach dem löschen und wiederherstellen führen, die dafür sorgen das der Server direkt wieder in die Brüche geht, nun gilt es also herauszufinden welche der charakterspezifischen Daten keine Konflikte verursachen.
mein erster Test somit war also semi-erfolgreicher als der erhoffte einfache Lösungsweg. Noch dazu sind die Daten nicht das was man sich gern erhalten möchte, das Skillen nur halb so schlimm wie das Bauen. ist ;)

Bluddworth

Post by Bluddworth » 13 Oct 2014, 02:00

I tried this fix twice, still does not work.

I'm not very fond of consumer / players having to find fixes for game issues.

Harald1050

Post by Harald1050 » 13 Oct 2014, 16:56

Meshane2 wrote:hope it helps :)

It worked for a few days, but now i have the same problem again. Why does ist work fine so far and then again......? I have no idea what causes this crashes. I guess it ist a game of pure chance to find the reason yet.

Meshane2

Post by Meshane2 » 13 Oct 2014, 17:34

i havent had the problem for several days...

until now.

i posted that i've had no problems. and then boom. i have the problem again. reinstalling the c++, directx etc did not help, i fear it's actually the daemon file that is the problem.

i'm going to try deleting different parts of the file individually to see if i can get to the root of which file is actually causing it. it may take some time though.

Harald1050

Post by Harald1050 » 13 Oct 2014, 19:49

Meshane2 wrote:i havent had the problem for several days...

until now.

i posted that i've had no problems. and then boom. i have the problem again. reinstalling the c++, directx etc did not help, i fear it's actually the daemon file that is the problem.

i'm going to try deleting different parts of the file individually to see if i can get to the root of which file is actually causing it. it may take some time though.

I agree, the reason for this might be the daemon file. But, take your time. I am not in a hurry. :)
It's like to look for a needle in a haystack.

Meshane2

Post by Meshane2 » 13 Oct 2014, 20:26

1st deletion
cm_yo_daemon.exe
ran file check on steam.
no results. unable to run the game. multiplayer not checked.

2nd deletion
mysql folder
no changes after file validation, unable to go into 'local' game.
i was however, able to log into multiplayer.

3rd deletion
deleted the entire "performance_schema" folder
able to create 'new world' load into it, exit out, load into it again etc.
HOWEVER
when trying to load into my existing game
i get the following error

connection error. error code:
(CR_INTERNAL_DB_ERROR)

and while watching the 'server window' i note that while checking the 'stretchedcropmainenance' i start getting all sorts of 'red' and yellow warnings.
yellow...
db::mfRS(1 ms) select f_addGeoPatch(1.1.44 blah blah ...
then it goes 'red' with

errr ... noscope.. cmdb_addgenpatch()-db error
errr... noscope.. terraindeformer::_registergeochange() can't register geo patch in db.
db error #1035 function lif_1.f_addgeopatch does not exist. query: select f_addgeopatch(1.1.445.1.116894607) (please note that this number changes with each error... )

this tells me that basically my crops are jacked up... by the way, i just submitted a bug report about my damned carrots not reproducing when farmed (100 farming) fertilized soil, and on 'new' soil as well. 3 worlds, no carrots growing.

SO.. i believe its either corrupted vegitation OR something further, will continue to 'test' and let you know.

the fact that i was able to start a new world, enter it, leave and go back in again even with my current world being corrupted is encouraging..

Meshane2

Post by Meshane2 » 13 Oct 2014, 20:52

please not that while 'loading server...' is on my screen for the 'new world' it takes a full 3 to 5 minutes for the server to load before i get the character selection screen.

i have been able to successfully create new worlds and enter them multiple times with no problems after having deleted the 'performance_schema' folder. :Yahoo!:

the problem appears to come in while loading my 'existing' world.
on the 'server' window the final error that i run into

server seems to load with no problems. then i get the following 'red' errors.

#db error #1305: procedure lif_1.p_issueIdRange_unmovable_objects does not exist. query: call P_issueIdRange_unmovable_objects(1.100); [T:DBIPrimary:0x7290]

then i get the same for 'movable' objects

THEN i get an interesting one.

db error #1305: procedure lif_1.p_yo_check_steam_accout_exists does not exist. query: call p_yo_check_steam_accout_exists (numbers).

...............................................................................................

is this an issue with the system not being able to validate steam or is it possible that the 'steam' file inside my 'world' has been corrupted?

or is it

THOSE DAMNED CARROTS?!

Meshane2

Post by Meshane2 » 13 Oct 2014, 21:15

server error.png

i've checked the folder...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Life is Feudal Your Own\daemon\mariadb\data\lif_1

the red error files talk about movable and unmovable objects...

i have those objects in my folder, i'm going to attempt to remove them one at a time and see if i can load my world.

Harald1050

Post by Harald1050 » 13 Oct 2014, 21:59

Hmmm, i have also yellow and red lines. But i didn't pay much attention to them as long as they game started. Maybe we can compare the content.
But anyway, very interesting news.

Meshane2

Post by Meshane2 » 13 Oct 2014, 22:17

i tried 'copy paste' to move the 'movable and unmovable' object files from the usable world to my existing but apparently corrupted world..

no joy

Meshane2

Post by Meshane2 » 13 Oct 2014, 22:20

another thing that i've noticed, immediately before this problem starts, i typically crash with a 'mutex' error...

not sure if it's relevant though.

Meshane2

Post by Meshane2 » 13 Oct 2014, 23:13

ok, after trying to delete each file individually and replace it with a working file from each world, i've learned that you cannot interchange the files from one world to the next.

that being the case, it's impossible to figure out which files are corrupted and which ones arent.

long story short..

corrupted worlds tend to keep sql from launching.

if you delete your corrupted 'world' you can then start new worlds without any problems, assuming that your 'performance_schema' folder has not become corrupt as well.

the only viable solution i've found is to do the following.

1. delete performance_schema
2. delete the offending/corrupted map/world
3. validate files on steam
4. restart game

i have not figured out how to salvage your map/world if and when i do, i'll post it.

Bluddworth

Post by Bluddworth » 15 Oct 2014, 02:03

Although I have really enjoyed playing on another player's server, the version of the game is called "Life is Feudal: Your Own".

I took that to mean "Your Own Server", which is apparently not the case.

When is there going to be a patch to fix this bug?

Harald1050

Post by Harald1050 » 15 Oct 2014, 19:04

Meshane2 wrote:ok, after trying to delete each file individually and replace it with a working file from each world, i've learned that you cannot interchange the files from one world to the next.

that being the case, it's impossible to figure out which files are corrupted and which ones arent.

long story short..

corrupted worlds tend to keep sql from launching.

if you delete your corrupted 'world' you can then start new worlds without any problems, assuming that your 'performance_schema' folder has not become corrupt as well.

the only viable solution i've found is to do the following.

1. delete performance_schema
2. delete the offending/corrupted map/world
3. validate files on steam
4. restart game

i have not figured out how to salvage your map/world if and when i do, i'll post it.

I will try that. But i fear i have to start all over again. Still i can't join a server (ram error). I will see where this all leads. Maybe with upcoming fixes and patches there will be a way for me to play. But thanks again for your support.

Meshane2

Post by Meshane2 » 16 Oct 2014, 14:06

I'm still working to figure out a way to avoid losing the world. i have managed to retain the world in the sense that i didnt have to create a new one. but, my character, and all of the buildings, mines etc were gone.

with any luck they'll be squishing this bug soon and we'll no longer need to worry about the sql data getting corrupted.

Harald1050

Post by Harald1050 » 16 Oct 2014, 14:19

Yes i hope so too. Meanwhile i started again from the very beginning. I have some experience doing so. :D

Bluddworth

Post by Bluddworth » 22 Oct 2014, 14:49

I still can not create a world, even with firewall and antivirus off; even after having deleted files; even after using other work-a-rounds suggested here.

Local Server Can Not Be Accessed (Timed Out) is the message I keep on getting.

Can someone actually post a screen of that the "Server Console" looks like, so I know what to look for.

Thanks

Harald1050

Post by Harald1050 » 25 Oct 2014, 15:32

After the recent upgrades/patches i can't play anymore. To create a world takes at least one hour before i stop because it is ridiculous to wait any longer. And: i still can't join a game. I deleted the game. It doesn't make any sense to try to play yet. Several months later this will be fixed.....hopefully.

Cheers........ :beer:

Deranth

Post by Deranth » 28 Dec 2014, 23:34

I played for three days straight and I decided to take a short break. I shut down the server and went out for a bit, when I came back the server wont start, I can't make new ones. I haven't tried the daemon deletion fix because I was hoping that there was a new fix that doesn't require deletion of my world since it's been months since the last post in here.

update animal_breeds set
^power_hit_base_speed_min = 3,
^power_hit_base_speed_max = 8,
^alertness_range_min = 10,
^alertness_range_max = 20,
^ru->
%

My server gets this far, and then the window grays and windows pops up asking me if I want to search the internet for a solution.

Neosky5k

Post by Neosky5k » 30 Dec 2014, 14:53

I having the same issue. The server was working just fine for a long time, after some updates it just decided to not pass the animal section.

Fenrir1969

Post by Fenrir1969 » 05 Mar 2015, 15:23

tried the delete daemon folder and verify through steam and it works but not on the first go you have to run the game twice for it to take effect (well i had to anyway) and of coarse you start at scratch again, but then at least you can play the game and it is an Alpha :D

Sempavieh

Post by Sempavieh » 30 Mar 2015, 10:00

This problem seems not to be solved.
I still get the Error Message "Cant access local Server".
Even after installing all redists, deleting the folders and so on.
Is the only way to have your own server to build up a dedicated one?

Return to Feedback Section