[Solved] Stilll won't work : local server can't be accessed

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Ergabbo

Re: [Solved] Stilll won't work : local server can't be acces

Post by Ergabbo » 05 Apr 2015, 20:55

Whoah, this is crazy. It's been a while and it's still not solved.

I tried solving it without losing character information, but I haven't been successful at all.

What happened to me was that I was playing and the power went out in my town, when it came back I tried to open the game/server again and I get that same damn message

update animal_breeds set
^power_hit_base_speed_min = 3,
^power_hit_base_speed_max = 8,
^alertness_range_min = 10,
^alertness_range_max = 20,
^run->
%

Before that, I had no problem at all...

As Deranth said,

"My server gets this far, and then the window grays and windows pops up asking me if I want to search the internet for a solution."

Now, maybe it has something to do with the animals in the world, so I tried starting it with 0 animals but I get the same error. Then I tried just creating ANOTHER new world with totally different settings and I still get the same error, so I think this is not a Database error, it's more like an external error.

I hope this information helps someone smarter than me to figure out the problem without deleting all the information and character data

Alandro

Post by Alandro » 18 Apr 2015, 17:32

Hello i try the fix, i lose 60h of game , now i have the same problem after 40h, i dont want lose my save again !!

Give me a real fix please

HO! the real problem is not server acces, but the server not start lol, how acces to a server not started lool

I continu to find a solution today (delete and replace files of my save)

KatoNamus

Post by KatoNamus » 24 Apr 2015, 08:41

Hi Everyone. Thank you all for the info in this thread. It didn't solve my problem though so I had to scratch around a bit to get a workaround, which I'd like to share.

First, an explanation of my problem; it wasn't so much the server not working as the client timing out before the server was ready. The client then just sits there while the server eventually finishes and then sits and waits for the client to connect.

I dug around a bit and found the scripts folder which has been very enlightening. In two of those files I found that you can get to the client's console with [ctrl]+[`] (the grave/tilde button, next to [1], under [esc]) and there you can use this command to have the client connect to the local server again: startConnection("127.0.0.1:28000")

So, the steps are:
1. Start your client and create a world
2. Watch the server's console window. You should see a bunch of white, yellow, red and green text scrolling by (eventually).
3. If the client gives you the Timed out, unable to access local server message, just click okay.
4. When the server shows the 3 green lines where it says it's connected to Steam and what your Steam ID is (or something like that) switch back to the client.
5. Press [ctrl]+[`] and type or copy & paste this: startConnection("127.0.0.1:28000")
6. Press enter. You should now be connecting to your server.

I hope this helps. It's very unlikely that it'll fix everyone's problems, but for those with similar issues as I had, this should do the job.

Also, I only got it working right before I had to get to bed last night so I haven't played much yet and I'm currently at work (hoping my boss doesn't play LiF: YO, or at least doesn't have this problem :angel:) so I don't know whether or not this will affect saved data or not.

FoxtrotTango7

Post by FoxtrotTango7 » 10 May 2015, 23:51

Just a quick addition to KatoNamus's post. I did everything you said, still wouldn't work. Then I changed the IP address in step 5 to my IP and it works. So for example I type in for step 5 startConnection("xxx.xxx.x.xxx:28000").

Perhaps the underlying problem with this whole issue is that the game uses the wrong IP to set-up a private server or just isn't finding mine and others and just using a default.

Hosamov

Post by Hosamov » 17 May 2015, 04:03

After two hours, I saw the two fixes above this post, and found they worked for me... At least to get the screen to create my character. Thank you! :Bravo:

Leighton

Post by Leighton » 07 Jun 2015, 21:15

i cant find where " \Steam\SteamApps\common\Life is Feudal Your Own. " is i am running windows 8.1 can someone help me when i search it in my files it says it cannot be found and to check the spelling

NikeSXT

Post by NikeSXT » 28 Jun 2015, 20:28

Well, I'll explain my problem first.

I have the problem 2-nd time already. Both - after I was forced to shutdown my computer while server still working. Meaning - if you exit the game, but not close server window in proper way and shutdown your computer - your database will be corrupted and next time you start LiF - server won't start at all.

Workaround, where you delete daemon folder, then backup missing files - worked for me. Still I lost my world and all created characters.

The idea I wish to share - is not fixing some files and replacing some of them in hope you'll get your stuff back. Its about making a backup of whole daemon folder after you finish your game session. Every time. So, in case of emergency you'll lose you progress of maybe hours of gameplay, but not days or weeks. This is what I'll try today. I'll create world and characters, will play for some time and cut some trees. Exit, backup, load again, then simulate crash to corrupt database. Then I'll try to restore backup and to see what does it do.

I'll keep you guys informed.

NikeSXT

Post by NikeSXT » 28 Jun 2015, 22:47

Allright. Backup is working. Step by step now...

1. Exit game client.
2. Close server console window properly.
3. Find and open this folder: ..\Life is Feudal Your Own\daemon\mariadb
4. With WinRAR - or any other similar program - backup the \data folder and move it somewhere, like My Documents or whatever. Or... just copy \data folder wherever you wish.
5. Got "Local server can't be accessed" message next day - fine. Restore \data folder and that's it. You'll lose, of course, all progress made from backup point, but at least all your "60 hours of gameplay" will be safe.

Tremax88

Post by Tremax88 » 03 Jul 2015, 01:40

ok like everybody else i tried playing the game, did all the steps in this topic and other topic too, tried the quick fix; worked the first time, then figured out i need to do this EVERYTIME i want to play, then again i downloaded mysql because the dedicated server said it could not connect to mysql still not working.

now i am a little disapointed and sad, i did try to play this game on 3 computer now, but the same problem arise everytime. i don't know if it's something i do or if it's something else. but i am really angry to have lost that 40 ish dollars on a game that i can't even try.

( btw NEVER played the game at all cause it doesn't work )

pls someone help me.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 03 Jul 2015, 10:40

If for some reason you are suffering from this issue, please report this via mantis bugtracker => (bugtracker-f51/) and attach your logs ...\Steam\steamapps\common\Life is Feudal Your Own\logs

Kaliathma

Re: [Solved] Stilll won't work : local server can't be accessed

Post by Kaliathma » 19 Nov 2017, 11:31

Lame release, unistalled ! ....... 4 years of dev ...? Really ?

Return to Feedback Section