Stone/wood retaining walls for terraforming

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: Forest Village? Post it here!

Merrybike

Stone/wood retaining walls for terraforming

Post by Merrybike » 31 Aug 2016, 20:22

/u/Capt_RRye on reddit asked me to post this:

"So the fact that this game has the ability to flatten, raise, lower the terrain for building is great. But here's my issue; when building on a hill the leveling creates very ugly and often steep inclines on one or multiple sides. My idea is to add an additional tool (or 2) that will let you flatten/level the terrain like normal. However along the edges were a slope is created that's too steep for villagers to walk up it fills it in to a vertical drop and makes a stone or log retaining wall. This will use stone and logs to do but will make the village look so much better, especially those building up hillsides and having these nice stone or log walls. It would also allow players to see that they are about to create a leveled area that might have a slope too steep for there villagers to climb (stuck in a coop because of its one entrance facing such a slope)."

Personally I think its a great Idea and i've thought about it before. This would make the plateauing you get with terraforming alot less ... strange.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas