Stuck at Searching for Update [FIX]

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!
Xyphien

Stuck at Searching for Update [FIX]

Post by Xyphien » 30 Apr 2018, 17:03

This post will show you one way to fix this error on both Steam, and Xsolla launcher.

Steam Searching for Update Fix:
If you're stuck at the searching for update and have tried exiting out, restarting your computer, etc. to no avail, simply exit out of the game complete.

Open up steam, go to libraries, and locate Life is Feudal: MMO.
Once there, Right Click the"?Life is Feudal:MMO" text on the left hand corner where it displays the list of games, and click Properties.

Once there, click on the tab that says "Local Files" and the fourth button down from that should say "Verify Integrity of Game Files..." Click that.

Once there, it should start searching, and this could take from 10-20 minutes to complete. After that is fully done the game should start downloading the files it couldn't verify on steam which can take another 5-10 minutes to do. Once all is complete, simply open up the game once more, and you should go into the patcher where it will install a little bit more files.

After that the game is fully functional, and you can play again.

Alternatively, you can simply uninstall and re-install the game which takes 1 hour+ to do.

Xsolla Searching for Update Fix:
This post has no images, and the fix was found by @Blackstaff and not myself.

Go to the root folder, run the x64 2017 C++, install, don't restart. Run the uninstall for LiF. Delete any files relating to the game. Re download the installer fresh. Restart pc. run installer as admin, run launcher as admin. should go to finishing the C++ (repair) and then start re downloading the game.If you already have it installed (C++) hit repair is what I meant.

I think the cache gets cluttered with older scripts, and once they patch so much, the files start causing corruptions within the engine. Tis only a theory
I didn't try just cleaning the cache first, because a complete reinstall is typically easier than locating it. Especially at 4am
@everyone I fixed my problem. However, my problem seems to be different than some people read. Probably due to my maticulous wording. The launcher wouldn't even show up as a program for me, so a gray button was the least of my worries, I had no game. I ended up opening my task manager and checked out the background processes. (i.e dll's, video card drivers, idle programs) So I worked to that solution for this single bug, for the Xsolla install. Make sure not to install the crap into Appdata. Navigate the browser, go to your pc, and choose your HDD, and install the game into Program Files (x86)

^This is a direct quote from the Official LIF Discord that he posted.

Return to Feedback Section