Stuck on Initializing

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Amokz
Devoted Believer

Re: Stuck on Initializing

Post by Amokz » 08 Mar 2017, 09:48

I'll add that I purchased the game and was able to login on first try after installation and played a little bit. After leaving for an errand, I returned and have not been able to connect ever since. I have:
uninstalled/reinstalled (including wiping remnant files)
tried the connect to server command
acquired a new IP from ISP and for system
ran a full diagnostics on host pc
tried to ensure files are okay on startup (integrity)

Zero success.

To the Admins: Troubleshooting
1. Go through the detailed log (I hope you're keeping one) of all changes prior to this issue and find which control connections.
2. Ensure you're releasing connections on the server (closing) to ensure you're not reaching max connections.
3. If not the server(s) themselves, try ensuring clients and servers are communicating correctly.
4. Routing: as the beta server I keep seeing is in Germany, there may actually be an ISP change which could be affecting your service. Crazy connections and setups in Europe lately.
5. Error logging. There's always 1-5 errors on startup about some issue or another, one in particular for graphics, but I've seen very little about the fixes for these images.

As an aside, server handoff could use some looking at. 32-33 requires you go 200 yards into the woods (south of water) and then head up. Of course, transferring from swimming to shore is another issue in itself.

My useless .02

Jamaicus
True Believer

Post by Jamaicus » 08 Mar 2017, 14:50

In the 4 weeks CBT I've only had the initializing problem once and since then I've always used the console immediately after selecting character and I've always logged in fine since. I fired up steam the other day as I haven't in a few weeks. I turn it off if I'm not using it and forgot to turn steam off 2 days ago when I loaded LIF MMO and noticed I only get the initializing problem when steam is running.

Edit*

Alas, I spoke too soon. I now have the initializing issue regardless of if steam is running or not. But I found out if I completely unplug my modem and wireless USB and reset the internet, restart LIF MMO and it works.

Relevart
True Believer

Post by Relevart » 10 Mar 2017, 17:59

Alas, I spoke too soon. I now have the initializing issue regardless of if steam is running or not. But I found out if I completely unplug my modem and wireless USB and reset the internet, restart LIF MMO and it works.[/quote]

what do you mean exactly with "reset the internet"?

thx

Jamaicus
True Believer

Post by Jamaicus » 14 Mar 2017, 05:31

Simply unplug the modem and or your wireless connection (USB or Ethernet cord) for 15 seconds and that should reset your ip. This worked for me

Rickjames
Zealous Believer

Post by Rickjames » 20 Mar 2017, 00:23

The biggest question that i have is... why the hell should i have to go thru all these vodoo steps to connect to the mother#@#!$ game!. This should be fixed for 100 percent of us when this next wave comes up. It totally killed participation for my guild this time around because of how hard it was to actually get in the damn game. I literally had to try for hours to get in if it was not first thing in the morning. I have a suspicion it has to do with how long the dispatch server has been up without a reboot. If this is the case keep rebooting it? I mean once i get in the game i do not seem to have a issue with crashing ( once i have the game fully loaded in and tiles updated) i have to wait a few min for it all to load once i get in but once that is past i can do whatever i need to do for hours. But when i click play I NEED to be able to get into the game not do some vodoo ritual of running this and doing that and turning this on or off it should just work

MERAPIXI
True Believer

Post by MERAPIXI » 28 Apr 2017, 11:29

Welcome back. As you have suppose since the last time nothing has changed. You continue the problem of "Inicjazlization". Again I tried all the solutions and none of them worked ... I use the command connectToGameServer () I changed the game settings to a low level I turned off the Fajerwalla and awast On the router available all ports I installed the game on another computer Nothing helped I send the txt repro. :evil: :evil: :evil: Will to warn people before buying something that does not work is one thing that it is Beta but for such money you should do better. :evil: :evil: :evil: ':'

Artoria Pendragon
Zealous Believer

Post by Artoria Pendragon » 28 Apr 2017, 11:35

MERAPIXI wrote:Welcome back. As you have suppose since the last time nothing has changed. You continue the problem of "Inicjazlization". Again I tried all the solutions and none of them worked ... I use the command connectToGameServer () I changed the game settings to a low level I turned off the Fajerwalla and awast On the router available all ports I installed the game on another computer Nothing helped I send the txt repro. :evil: :evil: :evil: Will to warn people before buying something that does not work is one thing that it is Beta but for such money you should do better. :evil: :evil: :evil: ':'

folks , my issues had been fixed
丨Revenge丨Unity丨Brave丨Yeomanry |

Dree91
True Believer

Post by Dree91 » 28 Apr 2017, 15:39

i have the same problem.
After still waiting 20minutes i closed the file.
I have make my firewall off, graphic Settings are low, reconnect the Internet but don´t works for me.
Have anyone a idea what can helps to work?

I hope for i can find here one what can help me.

RickySpanish
True Believer

Post by RickySpanish » 28 Apr 2017, 15:54

FIX: connectToGameServer () worked.
Ctrl ~ to open console while you're looking at the "initializing" and enter
connectToGameServer ()

Dree91 wrote:i have the same problem.
After still waiting 20minutes i closed the file.
I have make my firewall off, graphic Settings are low, reconnect the Internet but don´t works for me.
Have anyone a idea what can helps to work?

I hope for i can find here one what can help me.

Dree91
True Believer

Post by Dree91 » 28 Apr 2017, 16:03

i can´t open the console with press:

ctrl ~

Hotratchet
True Believer

Post by Hotratchet » 29 Apr 2017, 05:22

Gungorwork wrote:turn off firewall see if that works .

doesn't make any sense... why are we able to connect to the newbie server and not on the main server... i doubt its a firewall issue.

Rubbaduck
Zealous Believer

Post by Rubbaduck » 30 Apr 2017, 17:04

For all you guys who want to play the game.
A friend of mine had the same issue.

What Fixed the problem was creating a new character. Maybe the newbie server the character wants to join in is down or whatever.

A new Character fixed the Problem imidiately.
Try it and post it here to verify.

greetings

Saarith
True Believer

Post by Saarith » 30 Apr 2017, 17:18

I had this same problem.

Closed Steam.

Problem solved.

I'm going to go on a limb and say that in general this issue is caused by some interference between the game and some program that is running in the background.

You all should try to turn them off one by one and find the interfering program, starting with Steam. Remember that Steam is still running in the background if you just close the Steam screen, you need to click the little icon in the taskbar and press exit there.

MERAPIXI
True Believer

Post by MERAPIXI » 30 Apr 2017, 20:15

Rubbaduck wrote:For all you guys who want to play the game.

What Fixed the problem was creating a new character. Maybe the newbie server the character wants to join in is down or whatever.

greetings

ERROR i try it ... and naw create new character is block. :crazy:

Fireraizer
Alpha Tester

Post by Fireraizer » 30 Apr 2017, 20:55

MERAPIXI wrote:

greetings

Trying hitting ctrl and ~ to open the console when you're stuck on initializing and then type in ConnectToGameServer. If it says kicked due to patching failed just keep hitting play a repeating the process. This is the way I usually get in.
Once more unto the breach!!

MERAPIXI
True Believer

Post by MERAPIXI » 01 May 2017, 13:53

Dalejr2000 wrote:
MERAPIXI wrote:

greetings

Trying hitting ctrl and ~ to open the console when you're stuck on initializing and then type in ConnectToGameServer. If it says kicked due to patching failed just keep hitting play a repeating the process. This is the way I usually get in.

Stand on your head. Blink. And wave your wings ... I tried all the methods. I even installed Lif on another PC and it did not work. :angel: :evil: :evil: :evil: :O:

Fireraizer
Alpha Tester

Post by Fireraizer » 01 May 2017, 16:01

Unfortunately, itnus definately a problem with some people's internet. Mine included. There must be a security precaution or something that is interfering.

Life28

Post by Life28 » 02 May 2017, 15:57

Same issue here with "kick reason: Patching Failed" error.
I read some of the error lines in command line and it seems that game is checking our files if they match server files. They don´t. The only true solution here is to disable files checking on server-side during connecting but I don´t know how it will impact server and game.

In my case, I just repaired game files in launcher, it downloaded about 80MB and I am able to play on main island.

MERAPIXI
True Believer

Post by MERAPIXI » 10 May 2017, 08:03

Gungorwork wrote:turn off firewall see if that works .

Not help .... I made all the activities found on the forum: I uninstalled the game 10x use the command connectToGameServer () I changed the game settings to a low level I turned off the Fajerwalla and awast On the router available all ports I installed the game on another computer. Nothing helped I send the txt repro and i dont hawe answer :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :no:

Stefanpizetta
True Believer

Post by Stefanpizetta » 10 May 2017, 13:19

Hey,
something worked for me...
I reinstalled the game and changed its directory to "C:\Life is Feudal MMO". My game was installed in my .\users directory.
Dont' know if it was coincidence but now I can connect to the game everytime at my PC.
At my notebook I can connect if I type "connectToGameServer" in the console... but it works.

Niseshota
True Believer

Post by Niseshota » 12 May 2017, 10:51

Me and friends have not fixed initialization bug

The connectToGameserver () command also does not work for Pachingfailed

Fireraizer
Alpha Tester

Post by Fireraizer » 12 May 2017, 14:06

Niseshota wrote:Me and friends have not fixed initialization bug

The connectToGameserver () command also does not work for Pachingfailed

Do you try it repeatedly without exiting the game? Sometimes I have to do that process multiple times without restarting to get in.

Aacciainoli
True Believer

Post by Aacciainoli » 17 Jul 2017, 22:09

Any news on this error? I also crash when crossing borders

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 18 Jul 2017, 02:04

If you just created your character, please make sure to select it in the launcher and try to join the game again.

Aacciainoli
True Believer

Post by Aacciainoli » 18 Jul 2017, 13:38

Nah, I havent just created my character. I tried everything in every post about this but still have this problem.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 18 Jul 2017, 14:32

Please try following solution:
  • Delete file version from LIF MMO\game\data\world-eu-main directory if you're getting stuck at initialization on Abella, or from folder world-eu-newbie if you're getting stuck during connection to Newbie Island.

Spencerroo9

Post by Spencerroo9 » 21 Jan 2018, 00:17

Its been almost a year and people are still stuck on initializing.....

Szduvall

Post by Szduvall » 07 Feb 2018, 07:51

:good: this worked perfectly for me, I didn’t wait after cntrl ~
I typed in connectToGameServer(25) and boom, back in the game... thanks so much.
Brother wrote:Alright folks, maybe I can help. This trick worked for me.

When stuck on initializing even after repairing the launcher and relaunching the game:

1. Open the console with Ctrl and ~
2. Wait for a few minutes. It can take up to 10. If still not working,
3. Paste this in console:

connectToGameServer()

4. If that doesn't work, try pasting the same command with your last server tile in between the (). If you're logging in for the first time, that would be:

connectToGameServer(25)

Step 3 worked for me last night. Hope this helps!

Rexearth

Post by Rexearth » 08 Feb 2018, 15:21

Okey, now I am little bit p... off too. I see the great work you are doing, but cant you focus on this ?! Its month and half I am at this problem now.

At start, connecttogameserver() helped. Like 1 week. Then was everything fine. (Wrote it like 2 times a day).

But whats happening 2nd week in a row now... Initialize -> connecttogameserver -> Patching failed. I started to do that s*** with onworldcreated just after connecttogameserver, loging out immediatelly after succesfully logged in (and trying only connecttogameserver command), and after like 3d try I manage to get in game, with sometimes little bug (cant do anything on guildclaim, like I am no leader), so I need to reset the launcher again.

As I am not going to be online when I am afk, its like 5-10x a day I have to do this before I connect.

I am no NA, just middle of EU, and on my laptop everythings runs fine (it seems, I am starting it like twice a week).

So, did anyone find any proper solution, working at least ONE day fully ?

Thanks, and once again, I appreciate your work, but serisously, I dont give a s... about gathering herbs, if I cant get into the game!

Marcellotoniato

Post by Marcellotoniato » 08 Feb 2018, 17:19

personally i'm not fucking playing this garbage until they fix this launcher shit.

and no, it's not ok to have to type connecttoserver or whatever it is when it gets stuck. the fucking launcher should do that all by itself. it's like saying "oh yea, if the starter doesn't work just push the car down the road and jump start it".

fucking fix your starter dipshits! or nobody will drive your fucking cars.

Return to General Discussion