Suggestion: Remove Skill Caps, make death permanent

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Opagt

Suggestion: Remove Skill Caps, make death permanent

Post by Opagt » 17 May 2017, 18:51

Don't like the skill caps system in this so far, being a sandbox game with caps like this in my view is very problematic.

I would say remove skill caps firstly then add in another mechanic to off set it based on player actions.

For instance adding in perma death and a inheritance system where you can regain some stats + skills and any claims associated with previous character.

Hallegra
Beta Tester

Re: Suggestion: Remove Skill Caps, make death permanent

Post by Hallegra » 17 May 2017, 20:08

Wouldn't this just be exactly the same as the current system except for removing the skillcap and adding an optional name change on death?

Reapo

Post by Reapo » 23 May 2017, 09:57

Can you elaborate more on why you don't like the skill cap system? I see similar topics posted like this every other week where the only argument is the huge dependence on other players.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 23 May 2017, 16:12

Um, no. This is not the game you are looking for.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by sunleader » 24 May 2017, 09:54

Griefer wrote:Um, no. This is not the game you are looking for.

Dont bother with Griefer this above is pretty much his Standard Answer to any Suggestion anyone makes.

"Oh you dare Suggest to change something about the Game?"
"Obviously wrong Game for you." ^^

Better just Ignore him.

Albeit by pure chance I am against this as well.
I dont think this would Improve the Game.
Pls dont kill this Game by making it an Empty and Dead PvP Arena. The niche of players is so incredible small that it hardly supports one such game. And we already got 10 or so on the Market....

Dragmar
Zealous Believer

Post by Dragmar » 24 May 2017, 10:07

Sunleader wrote:

Dont bother with Griefer this above is pretty much his Standard Answer to any Suggestion anyone makes.

Better just Ignore him.

Both you and the OP have the same issue though.
You guys are not wanting to play the game the developers want to make.
You are both asking them to change core mechanics that they have stated since the begining that they want as part of their game.

Just saying...

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by sunleader » 25 May 2017, 00:01

Dragmar wrote:
Sunleader wrote:

Better just Ignore him.

Both you and the OP have the same issue though.
You guys are not wanting to play the game the developers want to make.
You are both asking them to change core mechanics that they have stated since the begining that they want as part of their game.

Just saying...

Not really.
None of the Suggestions I made.
Nor the Suggestion he makes. Are actually changing Core Mechanics of the Game.

In Fact.
His Suggestion is actually an already existing Server Option for Life is Feudal your Own.
When Creating a Server you can effectively remove the Skill Cap by setting it higher than the available number of Skills.
You can also set the Server to Add Permadeath of Characters.
So his Suggestion while not being my Style at all. Is entirely within the Game Mechanics.

My Suggestions are the same.
They are not really changing any Core Mechanics.
In fact the stuff you complained on me for. Is not even a Suggestion on changing mechanics at all. Its the Demand to Fix the Mechanics so they cant be abused. So they dont end up being abused turning any Wars in this Game into a Griefer Contest of Offhour Sneak Attacks on Empty Cities during the Night when nobody is Online rather than actually doing any real Battles and Attacks when both sides are Online and in Fighting Condition.

I am an PvPer. But I want to Fight Battles.
Not have another Game where Guild Wars are effectively two Guilds Pestering and annoying each other by abusing the games freedom of movement to effectively cutting off their Spawn and Equipment Storages when nobody is online. And then camping them out preventing them from playing the Game....
Pls dont kill this Game by making it an Empty and Dead PvP Arena. The niche of players is so incredible small that it hardly supports one such game. And we already got 10 or so on the Market....

Dragmar
Zealous Believer

Post by Dragmar » 25 May 2017, 11:46

Sunleader wrote:Not really.
None of the Suggestions I made.
Nor the Suggestion he makes. Are actually changing Core Mechanics of the Game.

In Fact.
His Suggestion is actually an already existing Server Option for Life is Feudal your Own.
When Creating a Server you can effectively remove the Skill Cap by setting it higher than the available number of Skills.
So his Suggestion while not being my Style at all. Is entirely within the Game Mechanics.

My Suggestions are the same.
They are not really changing any Core Mechanics.
In fact the stuff you complained on me for. Is not even a Suggestion on changing mechanics at all. Its the Demand to Fix the Mechanics so they cant be abused. So they dont end up being abused turning any Wars in this Game into a Griefer Contest of Offhour Sneak Attacks on Empty Cities during the Night when nobody is Online rather than actually doing any real Battles and Attacks when both sides are Online and in Fighting Condition.

I am an PvPer. But I want to Fight Battles.
Not have another Game where Guild Wars are effectively two Guilds Pestering and annoying each other by abusing the games freedom of movement to effectively cutting off their Spawn and Equipment Storages when nobody is online. And then camping them out preventing them from playing the Game....

You keep calling wall climbing a "bug" when it has indeed been confirmed by the devs multiple times as a game mechanic they want to keep in the game.... Tell me, how is that not you wanting to change the game into something the devs dont want?

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by sunleader » 25 May 2017, 13:23

Half Correct.
Its not a Bug.

Its an Game Weakness abuse.
An Abuse of the Game Mechanics for an Purpose for which this Mechanic was not Intended.

The Devs Confirmed that they want to keep it in the Game to allow Players to Scale Walls for Siege Battles.
The Keypoint here. Is they want this to be part of "Battle"

And maybe you forgot it. But the Devs are HUMANS. They make Mistakes and Forget things.
Meaning that it is fully possible that they have NEVER.
Considered the Possibility of this being Abused by Guilds to effectively Grief Players and Lock entire Guilds out of the Game by abusing this Mechanic to scale the Walls in Offhours when Nobody is Online and then Gank upon Players logging in.

And I cant imagine them to actually want this to happen.
Because that would effectively kill the whole Game.
Because I am saying it again. Check other Games which allow this.
And you notice Fast. Their Guild Wars are not Battles. Their Guild Wars are Griefing Contests of Attacking each other in the Offhours and then Camping on the Enemy until they are in the Battle Hours where they can Destroy their Stuff.

And they especially made the Battle Hours to actually prevent Offhour Attacks when Nobody is Online. Thats why you cant do anything to Stuff on Claims outside the Battle Windows.
In Short this Game Weakness of their Mechanic. Can be used to Circumvent exactly the thing which they Officially want to Prevent by making Battle Hours.

Guys no Offense.
But I got no Idea how you even can seriously try to Defend this.
The only thing this is useful for is Griefing.
Its useless for Battles its useless for PvP its useless for the Game itself.
It only allows Griefing.

Is it that importand to you to be able to Climb a Wall during Offhours to Grief People inside their Castle that you cannot accept anyone wanting to remove this Rubbish ???

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 25 May 2017, 14:53

Sunleader wrote:In Fact.

Really? Wow! Please, tell those of us who have ran or admin'd YO servers for two+ years info that isn't blatantly obvious reading the startup XML file (or who have added features or tools to make running those servers easier).

You might also notice that a YO server is limited to 64 players, that it requires Steam authentication, that you can modify how fast skills are gained, or how much material is 'removed' per excavation attempt.

You might (with a little bit more investigation), discover how you can modify starting skills, attributes, alignment, item stats, and really, almost everything your heart desires.

You might also notice that NONE of those things translate to the MMO. What's good for one does not make it good for the other.

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 25 May 2017, 14:55

Sunleader wrote:

Better just Ignore him.

You mean, like you supposedly ignore me using settings that don't exist?

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by sunleader » 26 May 2017, 00:56

Griefer wrote:You mean, like you supposedly ignore me using settings that don't exist?

Dont remind me.
I the Ignore Mechanic in this Forum unfortunately just minimizes the post.
I personally would love to just have you dissappear from my view entirely.
Would spare me a lot of pain in my neck I get from shaking my head when reading that ridiculous stuff your writing...

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 26 May 2017, 03:52

Sunleader wrote:
Griefer wrote:You mean, like you supposedly ignore me using settings that don't exist?

Dont remind me.
Would spare me a lot of pain in my neck I get from shaking my head when reading that ridiculous stuff your writing...

Feel free to go away.

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by sunleader » 26 May 2017, 03:56

Azzerhoden wrote:
Sunleader wrote:

Dont remind me.

Feel free to go away.

Likewise

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 27 May 2017, 01:36

Sunleader wrote:
Azzerhoden wrote:
Feel free to go away.

Likewise

MMM, don't think so. As an Alpha tester who then bought the zealot package as well, plus having over 2500 hundred hours in YO and probably half as much in the MMO testing. I think I'll be here a while longer yet.

But hey - here's hoping we get to meet up in game - real soon.

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by sunleader » 27 May 2017, 06:55

Azzerhoden wrote:
Sunleader wrote:
Azzerhoden wrote:
Feel free to go away.

Likewise

MMM, don't think so. As an Alpha tester who then bought the zealot package as well, plus having over 2500 hundred hours in YO and probably half as much in the MMO testing. I think I'll be here a while longer yet.

But hey - here's hoping we get to meet up in game - real soon.

Unlikely.
If I am right you.ll never attack us anyways. As you apparently dont have the Balls to Siege People that are Online.
And if your right. We wont have any Big Base with Walls. We will have our stuff in remote areas on secondary characters in no name guilds or no guilds to Equip and will just go Roaming and Raiding till the game closes its servers due to lack of players.

So either ways a Griefer like which wants no actual Battles but just wants to gank new players will likely never cross my way.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 27 May 2017, 13:53

Sunleader wrote:Unlikely.
If I am right you.ll never attack us anyways. As you apparently dont have the Balls to Siege People that are Online.
And if your right. We wont have any Big Base with Walls. We will have our stuff in remote areas on secondary characters in no name guilds or no guilds to Equip and will just go Roaming and Raiding till the game closes its servers due to lack of players.

So either ways a Griefer like which wants no actual Battles but just wants to gank new players will likely never cross my way.

HAHAHAHA

Do you want to know what's funny? Should I let you in on the joke?

In the two+ years I have played this game, with and against many of the people who watch and post on these boards, I've never griefed anyone who hasn't attacked first. I've never been banned from any YO server for my actions, and I've always had a positive alignment.

They all know that, and your attempt at being derogatory betrays your ignorance every single time you make the attempt. Calling me a griefer is like calling the Pope an atheist. :good:

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by sunleader » 28 May 2017, 01:09

Azzerhoden wrote:
Sunleader wrote:Unlikely.

HAHAHAHA

Do you want to know what's funny? Should I let you in on the joke?

In the two+ years I have played this game, with and against many of the people who watch and post on these boards, I've never griefed anyone who hasn't attacked first. I've never been banned from any YO server for my actions, and I've always had a positive alignment.

They all know that, and your attempt at being derogatory betrays your ignorance every single time you make the attempt. Calling me a griefer is like calling the Pope an atheist. :good:

And yet.
You keep Defending the Idea of Magic Floating Items to get into Peoples Castles when Nobody is Online.
Which serves absolutely no purpose at all unless you want to Grief People by lurking upon them inside their Castle which you could only enter because you did so while nobody was Online.

Ontrose
Devoted Believer

Post by Ontrose » 28 May 2017, 12:30

Disgraceful.

IT started with a suggestion/complain and ended in a personal cruseade :/
Azzerhoden, i do like you but i think your stats about YO and the MMO matters, or should be an issue here.

The Problem is, there is a mechanic right now, which is supposed to be a "Siege" or if you want "guerillia" warfare tool.
Which is current primarily used to grieve.

I do think its right to adress the issue at hand.
P.S. Keep in Mind, its still beta. Things might changes, new stuff will be there- Dont even know what siege mechanics are in right now: Ladder? Ram? Blackpowder barrels XD?
Only know Triboks are on.
P.S.End

My Solution would be: Prevent any kind of interaction in the inner circle of the claim outside the JH/War times. Which would limit the size of the defenses.

So we could even give people a choice: Beeing small and a bit more safe while offline or:
Be a big guild and have to have people online most of the time.

That was the complaint that i see justified.

About the Remove Skillcap and Permadeath:
Both no. My reasons here:
This is a teamgame. You have to work in a team to achieve anything higher then the most basics things.
Of course you can have loads of Alts.
What is the point of teaming up, trading in small villages if you can do EVERYTHING alone.
Then we could go back to Minecraft ;)

Perma death doesnt suit the world. At least not right now.
-To many accidents right now (crossing server boarders, riding a horse, stranger-danger......)
-People would just make more alts. More Fighter and only use their Crafter when its absolutely safe. Sniping the only Builder/Cook of a small village would probably throw them back DAYS, depending on their online-times, probably even longer. (might be an option, when every alt does cost initial money later on ;) )

Return to Suggestions and Ideas