TAMING IS BROKEN !!

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Hodo
True Believer

Re: TAMING IS BROKEN !!

Post by Hodo » 28 Nov 2017, 17:03

Vai wrote:I like to think I'm as patient as any gamer. It's easier when your older than the average gamer.

But this issue isn't about patience as it is about damaging the balance between power blocs. My feedback isn't about me, my characters or my guild. It's concern about players perception that they are put on an unfair playing field. Their perception would be accurate and even if it was not, perception is reality.

This type of scenario is the only one I can see that actually hurts LiF long term player population.

I agree the issues with the delay, but I am sure, the developers are well aware of the problems. They have stated several times they are aware, and are working on a fix. They dont want to revert as it was wrong. So they are trying to find a balance between what was and what should be.

Sweetsage

Post by Sweetsage » 28 Nov 2017, 18:58

Well the problem also wasn't about using the right treat. That sow I tamed the final tame factor indeed was a apple. I had to keep going out and grabbing more. No one around to keep farming for the veggies.

And despite that the apple IS what it preferred, I still had no exp gain for the fails.

Can not wait to see what changes they did to animal lore hopefully this patch here. I can say this, I will be definitely trying it on the newby isle not in the main game lol.

FriedhelmWinter
True Believer

Post by FriedhelmWinter » 28 Nov 2017, 19:30

Still broken for me. Tried to tame a boar and a sow

PavelBG
Zealous Believer

Post by PavelBG » 28 Nov 2017, 19:37

same with a mutton................. not fixed :/

FriedhelmWinter
True Believer

Post by FriedhelmWinter » 28 Nov 2017, 19:43

Right let me correct. i get exp when i use wheat on the boar. So you have to find out first which is the food the animal likes. I got 0.08 exp on try without power hour or food boost.

Tordr86
Devoted Believer

Post by Tordr86 » 28 Nov 2017, 19:54

1x multiplier for taming is bullshit. do you devs even play your own game?

Lexdukker

Post by Lexdukker » 28 Nov 2017, 20:04

PavelBG wrote:same with a mutton................. not fixed :/

same here, must say i only tried apples on them..

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 28 Nov 2017, 20:13

apples are not the end all be all to taming.

Try peas, carrots, onions, potatoes and other veggies or fruits.

Lexdukker

Post by Lexdukker » 28 Nov 2017, 21:18

Hodo wrote:apples are not the end all be all to taming.

Try peas, carrots, onions, potatoes and other veggies or fruits.

i tried a potato, my skill went up! I tried another potato...nothing happened. I gave it peas, it leveled up! tried to give it appels after, didnt level up :P, wheat seeds wont help you either!

ToAd399

Post by ToAd399 » 28 Nov 2017, 21:21

Taming is still broken nothing is working for taming :cry:

Vai

Post by Vai » 28 Nov 2017, 21:46

Hodo wrote:
Vai wrote:I like to think I'm as patient as any gamer. It's easier when your older than the average gamer.

But this issue isn't about patience as it is about damaging the balance between power blocs. My feedback isn't about me, my characters or my guild. It's concern about players perception that they are put on an unfair playing field. Their perception would be accurate and even if it was not, perception is reality.

This type of scenario is the only one I can see that actually hurts LiF long term player population.

I agree the issues with the delay, but I am sure, the developers are well aware of the problems. They have stated several times they are aware, and are working on a fix. They dont want to revert as it was wrong. So they are trying to find a balance between what was and what should be.

I agree that they seem to be aware of some issue but disagree that they see the problem as I and many others do. Or they wouldn't have removed it in the first place. It wasn't an emergency and now it's become one since no one can access horses that couldn't before.

I also disagree that it was "wrong" - whatever that might mean in this context.

But I'll admit that I've provided my feedback enough. If player opinions were going to influence this situation it would have by now. Unfortunately I don't think they are hearing this constructive feedback or they would have immediately reverted the change.

A lot of things aren't fair and life will go on. But this whole mess could have been completely avoided.

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 28 Nov 2017, 21:50

Vai wrote:

I agree that they seem to be aware of some issue but disagree that they see the problem as I and many others do. Or they wouldn't have removed it in the first place. It wasn't an emergency and now it's become one since no one can access horses that couldn't before.

I also disagree that it was "wrong" - whatever that might mean in this context.

But I'll admit that I've provided my feedback enough. If player opinions were going to influence this situation it would have by now. Unfortunately I don't think they are hearing this constructive feedback or they would have immediately reverted the change.

A lot of things aren't fair and life will go on. But this whole mess could have been completely avoided.

They just patched it with some changes... so let us see how this works out.

TurpentineCrow

Post by TurpentineCrow » 28 Nov 2017, 22:39

I just want to throw my voice in with the others. The current set up of taming is terrible. I also believe skill should be given for failed attempts of taming. Case in point, I followed a cow around yesterday for 2 hrs and fed it 240 lvl 43 apples and got nothing for it. Absolutely nothing. Pretty close to signing off for good.

Memphis

Post by Memphis » 28 Nov 2017, 23:00

Hodo wrote:They just patched it with some changes... so let us see how this works out.

Unfortunately the patch didn't fix taming .... or fish output ... too early to tell is the south has more rain, but so far that 2/3 of the things patched, weren't actually fixed.

En_Dotter

Post by En_Dotter » 29 Nov 2017, 00:51

Taming seems to be working according to my mates account. The difference is that there is the "proper" food for each animal. You need to find which food is effective for which animal. If you use the wrong food you dont get any skill and you cant tame the animal at all.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 29 Nov 2017, 01:55

Proper food for animals listed below:

• Mutton - peas and cabbage
  • Boar - wheat and edible taproot
  • Bull - mushroom, and potato
  • Horse - carrot and apple

As for the cooking recipes, something went wrong during patching and the changes weren't applied for some reason.

FriedhelmWinter
True Believer

Post by FriedhelmWinter » 29 Nov 2017, 02:52

Arrakis wrote:Proper food for animals listed below:

• Mutton - peas and cabbage
  • Boar - wheat and edible taproot
  • Bull - mushroom, and potato
  • Horse - carrot and apple

As for the cooking recipes, something went wrong during patching and the changes weren't applied for some reason.

Made it tonight up to AL60 thanks to 3 friends feeding me Q1 roots for a boar. Thanks for the patch! :good:

Sweetsage

Post by Sweetsage » 29 Nov 2017, 04:07

':' Taming is Now Fixed
the original post is no longer a concern.

Saga_Banich

Post by Saga_Banich » 30 Nov 2017, 03:39

Lexdukker wrote:
Saga_Banich wrote:
Memphis wrote:Agreed. Animal Lore was already one of the hardest skills to advance, with the change to "no skill gain, unless tame is successful" it's impossible. I think this has to be a bug though, why single out this skill when all other skills give points for unsuccessful actions?

Herbalism is the same way actually. You look for the herbs, you find a few and then you can try many combinations and get nothing... and also no points because you didn't make a successful mix. Only awards points when you get a preparation right.

that's a different thing...you keep the herbs if they are not a mix. You find herbs everywhere on the ground...you cant find tameable animals everywhere...you cant find alot of appels in the world to tame them...one beast wil eat 100-300 appels if you're low skill...see the difference here? :)

oh, I find apples (have tons of them) and animals so I didn't realise people were having such a hard time. My bad, for me there isn't such a huge difference.

Malden69

Post by Malden69 » 30 Nov 2017, 17:42

Luv wrote:':' Taming is Now Fixed
the original post is no longer a concern.

lol
It remains to fix the rest:
I did not find flint - no experience
Not caught a fish - no experience
Did not get the fiber - no experience
Did not collect grass - no experience
and more...

All right?

Archxgabriel

Post by Archxgabriel » 22 Dec 2017, 14:38

As the Dev posted, only certain foods give xp. Do people really not pay attention to the wiki? It is kind of super important, like always have it up if you have dual monitors important :)

Now if anyone knows why said boar won't take the taproots I try to feed it...supposed to be able to train them at 0, unless that changed without the wiki being updated, which happens a lot i hear.

Tordr86
Devoted Believer

Post by Tordr86 » 22 Dec 2017, 22:56

The best solution imo would be allow to feed the animals any type of food, you could assign optimal food as preferred and then the other group of food as not-preferred, giving the most exp per feed to the preferred group.

https://youtu.be/t9L2NlSYJGM?t=3m16s

Taming in a nutshell. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Galahadjavier

Post by Galahadjavier » 18 Jan 2018, 15:06

Are they trying to make this "the worst game ever"???? if so, well, they are on their way to achieving it....

Galahadjavier

Post by Galahadjavier » 19 Jan 2018, 03:50

TurpentineCrow wrote:I just want to throw my voice in with the others. The current set up of taming is terrible. I also believe skill should be given for failed attempts of taming. Case in point, I followed a cow around yesterday for 2 hrs and fed it 240 lvl 43 apples and got nothing for it. Absolutely nothing. Pretty close to signing off for good.

Hey!!! Devs!! hear our voice! look at all these comments here! Life in real life is already very challenging and more often difficult to overcome.... people turn to playing RPG like this to try to experience challenges that give them satisfaction of overcoming these challenges that are actually similar to real life, only diference is doing it in games poses fewer to no real risk. now, trying to make this game "MUCH HARDER" than "REAL LIFE" would actually just make the players wanna live in the "REAL LIFE" instead. and this will definitely kill the game eventually....

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 19 Jan 2018, 12:00

Galahadjavier wrote:
TurpentineCrow wrote:I just want to throw my voice in with the others. The current set up of taming is terrible. I also believe skill should be given for failed attempts of taming. Case in point, I followed a cow around yesterday for 2 hrs and fed it 240 lvl 43 apples and got nothing for it. Absolutely nothing. Pretty close to signing off for good.

Hey!!! Devs!! hear our voice! look at all these comments here! Life in real life is already very challenging and more often difficult to overcome.... people turn to playing RPG like this to try to experience challenges that give them satisfaction of overcoming these challenges that are actually similar to real life, only diference is doing it in games poses fewer to no real risk. now, trying to make this game "MUCH HARDER" than "REAL LIFE" would actually just make the players wanna live in the "REAL LIFE" instead. and this will definitely kill the game eventually....

We hear you and we are reminding that you need specific food for specific animals. Of course, it will be hard if you will try feeding all of them with apples. In real life, animals eat different things as well ;)

Boar and sow - wheat and edible taproot
    Mutton and ram - peas and cabbage
    Bull and cow - mushroom and potato
    Horses - carrot and apple

WestArcher

Post by WestArcher » 19 Jan 2018, 14:39

I still find it to be exceptionally silly that FAILING taiming by using 1q food is the best way to level it :D

Galahadjavier

Post by Galahadjavier » 19 Jan 2018, 14:43

Arrakis wrote:
Galahadjavier wrote:

We hear you and we are reminding that you need specific food for specific animals. Of course, it will be hard if you will try feeding all of them with apples. In real life, animals eat different things as well ;)

Boar and sow - wheat and edible taproot
    Mutton and ram - peas and cabbage
    Bull and cow - mushroom and potato
    Horses - carrot and apple

fair enough... we understand the concept.. but the point is, the game is very ruthless at this moment.... especially for newbies with no single friend from the game... like listen to this:

-travelling from one point to the other is already very tedious, to make it easier you will need a horse... but then....

-acquiring a horse, you will need to go to a very long process of leveling up your hunting skills to 60... everybody is patient enough to do that, so no problem with that, but then...

-you will again need to level your animal lore to 60. another set of patience is needed here... but everybody is so patient towards the game, so again there's no problem with this. but then again.....

-to level up "animal lore", you can do these: tame, manage, etc... to manage coops, you will need "coops"... to build coops, you will need nails... to acquire nails you can either try to create them ( which means you will again go to a very tedious process of leveling up your another set of skills to be able to utilize and create somethihng from iron, and also to build a working station for that) or just find a settlement that would let you IN that easily... which means you will need to travel here and there to do that... and it would take so much of your time since you dont have a "horse" yet... and mind you, you are doing this all for this horse...; and (2) to tame animals, you will need to find specific lures for a specific animals only to find out that when you use the tracking skill, all you can find on 80% of your tries are grouses' and rabbit tracks. then here comes the animal you are looking for... you try to feed them the lure, AND THEY ARE NOT INTERESTED. you will get no experience for the wrong lure and very very little to no experience for the correct lure but failed attempt. and after about a hundred tries, you succeeded! and acquired about less than 1 point of skill progress... HURRAY!

-repeat the process a hundred more times and you are all set and READY TO TAME A HORSE... and here comes another problem, where will you find a horse???

All these efforts and tedious acts (not to mention time-consuming...) , and still you are not even halfway to your objective... this is how the NEWBIES feel about this game no matter how much they love it. those who are already in a guild will probably react but i bet they dont know anything about "the feels" since they dont have to go through all these... BUT for the newbies and starters, this is a huge thing....

Just a few tweaks... and we were all good and set... but NO! you made the game even more tedious....

Return to General Discussion