The duchy of Tirmani

For the sole purpose of guilds recruiting members.

Lukepop
Alpha Tester

The duchy of Tirmani

Post by Lukepop » 09 Jun 2014, 12:12

The Duchy of Tirmani
Messenger: Sir, the enemy are at the walls, They have too many men.
General: Right, Chaaargee!

This is my best attempt at converting an random audio file that I recorded into proper lore not just a TL:DR fest.

Taken from a variety of old, tattered history books and pages.

When the original king before aleius and Gaius (their father) was founding his empire he had 6 generals. On his conquest most of the small states he found put up token resistance. They would soon buckle after he/his generals threatened to destroy them and all they owned and had built.

However, there were usually around 4 states at a time that put up a proper fight. One-two of the generals would be dealing with the Token resistance states at a time. Then the rest of them would conquer the other states.

The most infamous of these states was the Tirmani. Met nearly at the beginning of his campaign and finally defeated near the end. It was literally Celebration of defeating the Tirmani, conquer the last states, Celebrate unification of the empire.

The Tirmani had a strong fortress, 2 villages and an array of farms.
They are Italian-German. In terms of real life think of an Italian city-state on the border with Germany. With German fortifications and a few small other things like some tactics, with Italian Weapons, traditions and style.

The Generals were beginning to get fed up. They had been fighting the Tirmani for 10 years. The Tirmani throne had passed in that time. So they Hired a guild of assassins , no-one is sure but there seem to be vague references to the order of the lynx on the same tattered pages.

The assassins worked quickly , the Duke himself was hit in the back with a thrown knife. That assassin was caught . Another few were poisoned and one was found with an arrow through him while on the privy. The youngest heir was not killed, He had been part of a Very successful hunt and so attended the subsequent banquet. While his assassin did manage to Injure him with a severe cut across the chest. That assassin was later pursued by the guards until he jumped out a third story window onto the hard thatch of a nearby hut. Remarkably, He ran off completely unscathed.

The young Heir was confined to his bed for weeks. The Tirmani, their Lords and Generals nearly all dead and the only one left confined to his bed and no General.

The Tirmani Resolve began to falter. The Generals Seized the Opportunity they Moved into the Tirmani Country side burning and looting the villages and any farms they came across. By the end of it you could look across the Tirmani lands and see no crops or houses, nobody moving around doing their business. The Tirmani Fortress could not stand long against this Re-vitalised enemy force. As the walls broke they fell back to fight a street to street battle. The Tirmani Civilians joining the fight, with clubs, knives and their grandfathers sword. A few even used saucepans to surprisingly good effect.

The young heir Exited through a side port with 16 warriors, 2 blacksmiths, 1 leather workers and a cook. The young heir was swaying slightly in his saddle, he was still not fully well. They came out through a weak spot in the General's Defensive line. The warriors Easily cut the General's men down.

As the Keep containing the Final Tirmanian defenders burned, the young heir turned in his saddle. His companions Continued then stopped and looked back at him in Curiosity. As the Keep toppled slowly over the Young heir grew sad, the place he had grown up in, been raised in , loved and had fought for for the greater part of his Conscious life slowly toppled to the ground, kicking up a cloud of Ash and dust.

Now, that the New land has been discovered, the Descendants of the young heir and his group are going across the channel. Intent to reform their Old Home. The Duchy of Tirmani, a new home for these ancient people. For while this new home may not be built with Tirmani stone it shall be built with Tirmani Hearts.

TL:DR Old faction Beaten by the current King's Dad unfairly, Going to rebuild in new land.

I do not want to Try to start this from the beginning, I'm doing this for when/if I do form this faction People will know about it.

Unless somehow enough people join, then it'd start at beginning.

Study Schematics and know yer new home:

And welcome :beer:

I want this guild to be for everyone. People can rp in the city. Diplomats and people who like to manage stuff can take up residence in the Dukes palace ( :friends: ) . Craftsmen and farmers can Live in the city or work the farms and villages and Pvp'ers will most likely have their hands full dealing with all the threats and incursions. If not, well we will almost certainly have some kind of enemy so you can always go raid them. People who like to build will (at the start at least) have their hands full with building things left right and center. Also, the map is only a vague guide to how it should be.

(translate it word by word then do the sentence)

in in dux nosmet confideo

Last edited by Lukepop on 17 Aug 2014, 01:31, edited 10 times in total.
Link to Tirmani thread:
the-duchy-of-tirmani-t1291/

Lukepop
Alpha Tester

Re: The duchy of Tirmani

Post by Lukepop » 10 Jun 2014, 07:05

Edit: It will probably never be finished so reserving this post or whatever the phrase is.

Still tell me about Typos please.
Last edited by Lukepop on 17 Aug 2014, 01:06, edited 2 times in total.
Link to Tirmani thread:

Telakh
Alpha Tester

Post by Telakh » 10 Jun 2014, 07:08

The plan looks like the "Gothic 1" city for me :D

Good start anyway.
Best wishes!
ImageYou are entering    Time ParadoxImage

Lukepop
Alpha Tester

Post by Lukepop » 23 Jun 2014, 06:40

Is this a bad thread? is it bad lore? is it a bad flag? I'd really like to know.
Link to Tirmani thread:

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 23 Jun 2014, 13:55

Heya,

I know we've spoken in passing, but it can be incredibly difficult to start up a group from the ground up. A lot of guilds within this type of game are some of the longest running having foundations as far back as Shadowbane and even Ultima Online.

It's also harder to distinguish yourself from other guilds who are essentially doing the same thing and a lot of people dismiss newer groups because population is already spread pretty thin in this genre. Having said that though, it's not impossible to make something brand new from scratch.

I would highlight the offering from several guilds, including Silver Sun Republic and Among the Shadows as two reputable groups (SSR being my own and ATS being a crew I've come across in several MMOs) to host sub-guilds within our structure to help get you on your feet.

Leadership, development and mentorship is kind of our thing in SSR having tons of RL military and plenty of Sandbox MMO experience, so we can help focus and support your own crew as part of our community. Culture is also a HUGE part of what we do, which is why we flag ourselves as RP-PvP so we really embrace guys having their own background, flags/logos and identity with a whole lot of autonomy to do as you like within our Republic's Constitution.

The flag could use a little work as far as the quality of the image itself and I can help you out with that. I have some RL heraldry experience working with the US Army's Office of Heraldry and a lot of historical research into medieval heraldry.

Time is kind of a factor in building something up. It's a pain, but keep on trucking along and doing what you're doing and you'd be amazed how things suddenly start moving if you can prove you're staying on task.

Hope some of the advice helps and feel free to PM me if you want to further discuss opportunities/options/additional feedback!

Lukepop
Alpha Tester

Post by Lukepop » 30 Jun 2014, 05:47

Edited: to be honest, I Like Confideo, it fits more than confido since it literally means trust, I don't understand the Capitalised form.

please PM me if you do.

Edit again: Changed some of the lore to better. The 3 points are instead of "swayed slightly in the saddle" "was swaying slightly in the saddle", "the young heir felt a small piece of him die," to "the young heir grew sad," and "for while this new home is not built with Tirmanian stone it is built with Tirmanian hearts" to "for while this new home may not be built with Tirmani stone it shall be built with Tirmani hearts".

Also changed a bunch of other things in the non-lore text. All to Show My true thoughts about this now and generally make it better.
Last edited by Lukepop on 17 Aug 2014, 01:58, edited 6 times in total.
Link to Tirmani thread:

Lukepop
Alpha Tester

Post by Lukepop » 16 Aug 2014, 05:48

I've Donated so I'll post here if anything interesting arises from experiences. Looking forward to it!
Link to Tirmani thread:

Strategos

Post by Strategos » 16 Aug 2014, 17:39

Hey!
Nice looking Clan, I really like thy map (I really have to start working on a build-able Map of Camorr (my guild), the one from Lynch's novels is a tad large).
Though I don't want to JOIN, precisely, I could offer you a possible diplomatic solution (admittedly one that hasn't exactly caught like wildfire among other possible members) to the problem of Starting from Scratch. Here's the link to (drumroll) the Coalition of Free and Independent States if you're interested:
post14468/#p14468

Though there's a description once thy clicketh the link, I'd like to say that this is NOT a vassal-ship, it's a mutual alliance for the preservation of member's independence. Basically it's designed to take away the despair of starting small and allow everyone to survive the onslaught and thrive in peace with neighbors.

Anyway, Nice Clan You've Got Here,
Strategos (Grand Duke of Camorr

PS: I use the word "mutual" a lot, don't I...
Also: how did you get a picture in your forum signature? I've been trying to do that with my epic picture of Camorr for a while but me and computers...

Link to the Duchy of Camorr Official Website:
http://duchyofcamorr.enjin.com/
Link to the Duchy of Camorr thread:
the-gentleman-bastards-t1255/
Link to The Duchy of Camorr Steam group:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/theduchyofcamorr

Lukepop
Alpha Tester

Post by Lukepop » 16 Aug 2014, 21:38

no thanks.
Link to Tirmani thread:

Strategos

Post by Strategos » 17 Aug 2014, 00:00

OK...
Also: apologize for posting this in thy recruitment thread: PM probably would've been a better idea...
ANYWAY...
Did I tell you your map was cool?

Link to the Duchy of Camorr Official Website:
http://duchyofcamorr.enjin.com/
Link to the Duchy of Camorr thread:
the-gentleman-bastards-t1255/
Link to The Duchy of Camorr Steam group:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/theduchyofcamorr

Lukepop
Alpha Tester

Post by Lukepop » 17 Aug 2014, 01:05