The Duchy of Wessex - Kingdom of Hyperion

For the sole purpose of guilds recruiting members.
Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Re: The Duchy of Wessex - Kingdom of Hyperion

Post by Azzerhoden » 15 Sep 2017, 19:03

OFFICERS
Officers provide leadership and are directly responsible for all activity by each member in the military. The highest military authority in the shire is the Duke and his second-in-command is the Constable.

The chain of command is thus: The Duke > Constable > Warden/Admiral > Commander/Commodore > Captain > Marshal/Forester/First-Mate > Lieutenant/Mate > Serjeant Major > First Serjeant > Serjeants > Armsman.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 23 Sep 2017, 02:56

CAVALIERS are by default any member of the gentry not officially enlisted in a military branch or who is visiting another county and thus has no military rank within that county.

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 27 Sep 2017, 02:02

LIEUTENANTS and MATES are thanes, baronets or esquires that have been designated as a second or a stand-in for the Constable or Captain in a county. This person will most often be the favorite of a certain lord. The rank of lieutenant or mate is only applicable in the county in which it was granted.

Everettham
Alpha Tester

Looking for guild

Post by Everettham » 10 Oct 2017, 22:20

I couldn't find anyway to privately message a leader of DoW. So i'm going to leave this message here.
I'm currently seeking a guild. I'm going to be contacting a number of guilds and going with the best option that fits my playstyle. I'm only interested in joining a guild with the following features below.
1. North American Server
2. The MMO will have private land plots. Therefore i'm looking for a guild that allows most members private land.
3. I'm looking for a guild where nearly all gold and items will be private. Players can store their items and gold in their own small house or private room. Because their is an local trading post in the game this will function well.
4. As for other ways the guild functions i'm very movable on.
If your guild plans to slowly transition to this playstyle in the MMO. Then that is fine with me to.
If I can't find a suitable option then I might consider making my own guild. But I probably won't as leading a guild is a lot of work.
You can also contact me through steam "Steel76".

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Re: Looking for guild

Post by Azzerhoden » 11 Oct 2017, 05:16

Everettham wrote:I couldn't find anyway to privately message a leader of DoW. So i'm going to leave this message here.
I'm currently seeking a guild. I'm going to be contacting a number of guilds and going with the best option that fits my playstyle. I'm only interested in joining a guild with the following features below.
1. North American Server
2. The MMO will have private land plots. Therefore i'm looking for a guild that allows most members private land.

Sorry. A few private claims may be established, but those will be to protect assets belonging to Wessex and access for all Wessex members will be given. Other entities within the Kingdom of Hyperion may allow private claims, but Wessex will not. At some point we might allow players to go setup their own personal claim, but that will largely depend on the difficulties of removing those claims should the need arise.

Everettham wrote:3. I'm looking for a guild where nearly all gold and items will be private. Players can store their items and gold in their own small house or private room. Because their is an local trading post in the game this will function well.

Sorry, no. We play as a team. Each craftsmen will be creating items for the good of the guild, for mutual defense, for mutual growth. In fact, the items in a trading post are only safe for as long as that trading post exists. You cannot expect to be well defended if you want to be able to mine Duchy resources at will and profit by it. In fact, I am so disappointed with how trading posts currently function I am debating whether to have one at all.

Everettham wrote:4. As for other ways the guild functions i'm very movable on.
If your guild plans to slowly transition to this playstyle in the MMO. Then that is fine with me to.
If I can't find a suitable option then I might consider making my own guild. But I probably won't as leading a guild is a lot of work.
You can also contact me through steam "Steel76".

Exactly. A successful guild takes a lot of work, not just by leadership, but by everyone who is part of the guild. We will play as a team, we will fight as a team, and, if someone attacks us, will win or lose as a team. While games like Darkfall and EvE encouraged individual players seeking their own wealth while contributing to a larger ideal, LIF is different. That same play style will not be successful in this game. In LIF, if you are not all in with the rest of your guildies, you will not have success.

Rashcroft

Post by Rashcroft » 11 Oct 2017, 15:24

Hello, I'm a new player to LIFYO, looking forward to the MMO. I am interested in joining up with the Duchy of Wessex. I noticed that the Duchy operates a private server. Is it possible to reach someone in-game? Or perhaps a discord server? In addition, what can I expect as to the process of joining the Duchy?

Thanks,

Rashcroft

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 20 Oct 2017, 18:43

Welcome to Wessex!

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 29 Oct 2017, 15:34

MARSHALS, FORESTERS and FIRST MATES are specially designated lieutenants assigned by the appropriate branch leader and have a ‘half rank’ above a lieutenant and mate so that they can carry out the assigned duties of the Constable, Warden or Admiral.

Quette4000
Devoted Believer

Post by Quette4000 » 02 Nov 2017, 13:43

2 weeks everyone woohoo!

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 05 Nov 2017, 21:47

CAPTAINS are knights most often seen leading a Twenty or Company, though they can also lead a Lance or Battalion when needed.

COMMANDERS and COMMODORES are nobility who lead battalions or fleets for His Grace under the command of the Constable, Forester, or Admiral. Typically these positions are not filled unless there is great need. A Lord who has other knights sworn in fealty to them may also be given this title.

Quette4000
Devoted Believer

Post by Quette4000 » 08 Nov 2017, 16:18

1 week and counting!

KingManus

Post by KingManus » 29 Nov 2017, 06:41

Seems like a win to me.

Return to Guild Recruitment