The Future of LiF's Economy

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!
General-Zod

Re: The Future of LiF's Economy

Post by General-Zod » 05 Nov 2014, 23:48

Just in case you all arent aware, just because certain regions will have more supply of a resource such as granite, doesnt mean other regions will have none, theyll just be low quality is all.

There will be plenty of castles in the south, theyll just have weaker walls.

As for climbing, it will be implemented by release day of the mmo. As will siege equipment, im guessing.

I never said "none" I said limited and im basing my assumption on the 3x3km map that is currently in LiF:YO. Meaning if the world is rendered in the same fashion as LiF:YO we should see similar trends in the 21km world which would be limited granite unless in mountain area.

Again, i'm only offering an alternative to bring balance so the population isn't too heavy up north. People will just gravitate north because the "People can still have walls but weak ones just isn't appealing."

And as an aside, if the "maneuvering" youre referring to involves the pounce move in combat, then youd be a fool to think they arent going to bug fix that soon.

And if youre referring to a certain console command, theyll probably take a look at that too. Id imagine the easiest way is to make only GMs have the power to /unstuck people. You fall in a hole, submit a ticket and twiddle your thumbs like the silly little dunce you are for falling in a hole :p

Why would I base my suggestion on a bug or glitch that would be fix by the time the MMO is released?

Just to be clear... i'm not talking about a glitch or bug

Tymefor

Post by Tymefor » 06 Nov 2014, 02:04

Zod I really think you need to look at the proposed map for the MMO. There is a mountain in the south infact only the bottom right quadrant is lacking in an area for granite. And ill bet that's where all the gold is lol. so plenty of traders moving east west from granite mine in the south.

And if you are basing your assumptions on the current map. it really doesn't take that long to walk, and I mean WALK not run, from one side of the map to the other like 15mins. A trader cart would have to move at LEAST as fast as that, probably more like running speed. Then factor in roads that will eventually be built like different regions and really nowhere on the map is going to be that hard to get to if you need the resources.

Tymefor

Post by Tymefor » 06 Nov 2014, 04:24

Double post but.

A lot of these threads have me pulling out my hair a bit. What I think we all have to be asking ourselves is how FAST do you really want progression to be. IMO a clan finishing a serious castle with about 30-40 sections should be the culmination of months of work!!
I mean its a friggin castle mang. the keep they build inside it should be many more months of work aswell. Their culture monument more months again!! Distance and scarcity is how you the devs can SLOW progression. I mean 1 castle wall section is 400 shaped granite, a trader cart should be able to hold about that. If I have to drive that friggin cart 4 hours to and from a mine, that seems about right to me!! monuments should require stupid amount of gold coins to make so the northerns would have to do the same for their monuments.

Certain other MMOs have trended towards granting everything NOW. But I don't think that's where this game should go. With the infinite block bug atm 5 of us were able to to knockup a 30x30 stone fort in 4hours ffs. that's how unbalanced proximity is in this game.

General-Zod

Post by General-Zod » 06 Nov 2014, 16:00

So far Podj is the only one who understands what i'm talking about

Zod I really think you need to look at the proposed map for the MMO. There is a mountain in the south infact only the bottom right quadrant is lacking in an area for granite. And ill bet that's where all the gold is lol. so plenty of traders moving east west from granite mine in the south. - Tymefor

Here's what I wrote on page 2 Tymefor

If you take a look at the south you will notice that aside from that little mountain in the southwest they will be limited to the amount of resources needed to erect a stone castle and trading so far north will be too risky. Zod Page 2

On page 2 after the above quote I went on to talk about weaker alternatives. Again, it's just a suggestion. If you go back and read it you will understand.

I didn't suggest that everybody should have granite
    I'm not suggesting that mining should be quicker
    I'm not suggesting that progression should be faster
    I'm not suggesting that everybody should have a stone castle
    I'm not suggesting that the devs should weaken stone castles
    I didn't base my suggestions on any form of bug/glitch
    I'm not from the instant gratification era

Look, all im trying to say is that they should add one more wood/plaster tier, just something that sits a little higher than Stone walls (but lower than castle wall). You know they are going to add more buildings by the time the MMO is released, might as well add some walls in there. Does that really make you wanna pull your hair out? :shock:

Podj

Post by Podj » 06 Nov 2014, 21:38

not that this rly have anything to with anything but it would be nice to see some progression when building tho. i mean if its going to take you 2 months of hammering on the same structure it would be nice if it alteast had 3-4 stages instead of just exploding from a flat foundation into a big huge castle. So you litterary can see the buildings grow over time. like "foundation > walls > roof > finishes" instead of "Nothing > done".

Tymefor

Post by Tymefor » 06 Nov 2014, 22:36

Podj wrote:not that this rly have anything to with anything but it would be nice to see some progression when building tho. i mean if its going to take you 2 months of hammering on the same structure it would be nice if it alteast had 3-4 stages instead of just exploding from a flat foundation into a big huge castle. So you litterary can see the buildings grow over time. like "foundation > walls > roof > finishes" instead of "Nothing > done".

the textures for that are already in the game just not implemented :)

Although they may just be for warfare siege mechanics as they mostly look like damaged rather that half constructed versions.

Solon64

Post by Solon64 » 07 Nov 2014, 03:51

Easy general-zod, easy! We're not saying "your idea is stupid and youre stupid for suggesting it!" This is a public forum, we are discussing information, suggestions, and content brought to the publics attention. This isnt poo-pooing your "extra walls" idea, this is discussing the pros and cons of it. You bring something up to a public forum, dont ever expect everyone else to just go "yay, great idea!", haha.

To further discuss your rebuttal, "everyone will have stone walls available" is exactly how its going to be. Almost every single region in the proposed map will have mountains with granite nearby. Only a small spot in the southeast as well as some of the central regions wont have mountains.

That said, ypu are correct in that many people will not want to deal with q20 or less walls when they could just go north for q80. But you have to remember that they wont have good crops up north in return. Its a trade off, amd one that i think many people will be split on. Theres nothing to say i cant sell crops up north in return for high quality granite, either.

We also have to know how strong stone walls are relative to wooden palisades. Is a q100 wooden wall stronger than a q20 stone one? Who knows just yet? I dont believe we have the numbers for that yet, but i suspect even low quality stone walls will be stronger than high quality wooden ones. Id be open to someone sending me piles and piles of crap stone for a pittance just to put up my own stone walls somewhere, or a keep or what have you.

Orsus

Post by Orsus » 08 Nov 2014, 10:31

Podj wrote:Well aslong as carts, horses and so on will come in play and work as they should with more space then they currently have then i dont have a problem with it.

But like i said me and some friends are atm building far south and needed 6000 shaped granite which we only could carry around 30-40 each run. A run to the mountain tock about 10-20 minutes then a few minutes to mine and shape the granite and then tp back.

if i did my maths right that would aprox take 1 man 4 days constant running back n forth 30min a run non stop to get that stuff. add work, sleep, eat and so on to that and it would take for ever as of right now.

but if i would be able to take atleast 150 on horseback then hey i dont complain about that.

Have 1-2 stay at the mine just making the shaped stones. Would save a lot of time on the turn around. They could also just keep at it and make so many shaped stones that you all could spend a couple days just hauling the shaped stones back to you.

And definitely be sure to leave some guards back at your base.
It does not matter who is the strongest fighter, just the last one standing.

General-Zod

Post by General-Zod » 08 Nov 2014, 22:14

Easy general-zod, easy! We're not saying "your idea is stupid and youre stupid for suggesting it!" This is a public forum, we are discussing information, suggestions, and content brought to the publics attention. This isnt poo-pooing your "extra walls" idea, this is discussing the pros and cons of it. You bring something up to a public forum, dont ever expect everyone else to just go "yay, great idea!", haha.

I thought I was very cordial when expressing my thoughts. If I seemed angry it's only because of my repeated explanation due to others inability or unwillingness to actually get what i'm trying to convey.

I'm ok with people not agreeing with me or even thinking my idea is stupid.

I'm not ok with people taking their time to provide me with "insight" without even grasping what I was actually trying to say in the first place. It's a total waste on both ends because you've wasted your time responding and I waste time typing the re-explanation. but...

At this point it's water under the bridge... it's cool, no hard feelings.

WeeFraser
True Believer

Post by WeeFraser » 03 Apr 2017, 13:49

Is food that important? If you eat quality 30 apples you still live. Why bother with quality 100? Just eat more rubbish food. Metal, wood and linen yes. Quality matters but you can still kill with a quality 30 sword if you have Max skills and level to fight. I agree the economy of these games is crucial to good gameplay. Good post. More please.

Dragmar
Zealous Believer

Post by Dragmar » 03 Apr 2017, 14:46

WeeFraser wrote:Is food that important? If you eat quality 30 apples you still live. Why bother with quality 100? Just eat more rubbish food. Metal, wood and linen yes. Quality matters but you can still kill with a quality 30 sword if you have Max skills and level to fight. I agree the economy of these games is crucial to good gameplay. Good post. More please.

Have you tried playing on a server with skillgain set to 1? Cause that's what the MMO will have. With that skilling any skill up to 90/100 will take you weeks, not hours, not days, but weeks.
So high quality, 5 ingredient food will be very important. It will boost that skillgain from 1,25 (with high quality apples) to 5,5.

Skilling up 5 times faster is gonna be very noticeable.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 03 Apr 2017, 14:53

Higher quality weapons and armor also matter. They will not win you a fight, but they do effect combat.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Return to Suggestions and Ideas