The reefs of Khedun

Discussion of the game lore and medieval ages.

Moderator: Lore Masters

Lukepop
Alpha Tester

The reefs of Khedun

Post by Lukepop » 04 Jul 2014, 04:32

I Originally came up with this after looking at the map and seeing the island off 3.

They had been travelling for days. The City Of Masta Had seemed close on the map but it was much further when you didn't even have a horse.

Then they saw firelight out on the beach. Fire, with heat, food and drink. They Were half Asleep but they ran down the beach, Their thin Purple cloaks streaming out behind them.

They Arrived to the disappointing sight of an old man. Huddled in his threadbare cloak, Looking out to the reef off shore. If you looked closely you could see that his back was still wet. He looked up suddenly "welcome travellers, Sit down by my humble fire if you would like to hear of the great reefs of Khedun," said the old man as he pointed loosely to the reef out to shore, It's Spires reaching up like ancient,jagged towers.

"The reefs of Khedun, That reef has a name?," said the first of the two adventurers.
"Aye, It is named After an ancient Warrior, I believe you're travelling to the city of Masta?"explained the Old man. The old man Looked them up and down as they thought whether to answer truthfully or not but, as they were about to answer the old man continued."Of course you are, nobody travels in this godforsaken desert unless they're going somewhere or getting away from someone and the only place this road goes to is Masta. On the other Hand, If you're getting away from someone I'd like to leave now, for this story is about a brave man, Not a scumbag thief. Khedun Was a great warrior, He ruled most of this province, His capital was in a city called Menya, On the site of the modern day Masta. He built many of it's Principal features like the Great markets and the Governal palace."

"He was Sailing on his Flagship the Minilia back to his Palace in Menya after a routine visit to resign a deal with one of their closest neighbours and Allies when the Greatest storm Since the world forging was whipped up by the gods. Their Temper worsened in a way unknown to All. Khedun stayed on deck, Helping the crew with their desperate task when, having climbed the Tall mast spotted The jagged spires of the reef Rising above the foamy waves. He Cried out, His Hoarse Voice was lost in the storm. He was climbing down when A massive wave rised from the mist, It Towered above the Ship, It was as tall as the tallest spire of Masta." He Gestured far above his head." Khedun, Fearing for his life, Leaped full clear of the ship. As he landed in the sea he saw the wave sweep over the ship, knocking down the mast, which crashed onto the deck pinning many men under it, and tore a hole all through the bow. The ship slowly tilted forward and sank beneath the waves.

He tried to reach for a piece of flotsam but he was pulled under and flipped from side to side. He felt his death coming when he was nearly dashed upon the spires but a massive wave carried up, up above the tops of his death and crashed him short of the shore. Khedun, Physically and emotionally drained crawled up above the hightide mark then collapsed, flat on his back. He looked up at the rain coming into his nose and on his face as he lost consciousness."

"It's almost impossible to get out of the Isle of Khedun Situated in the middle of the reef but a great storm can let you get out, Like the one last night.However, Legend tells that Khedun Didn't perish on that island, but that he survived and thrived. His empire collapsed and Menya was taken by enemies and renamed Masta. Many say that he found eternal life but, I'm not telling." With that the old man stood up, ran and dived in the ocean Never to be seen by them again.
Link to Tirmani thread:
the-duchy-of-tirmani-t1291/

Yal_Yager

Re: The reefs of Khedun

Post by Yal_Yager » 10 Oct 2014, 10:10

Loved this :beer:
take me to a tavern with you

Billus

Re: The reefs of Khedun

Post by Billus » 14 Oct 2014, 13:12

Super cool :D

I'm impressed you took a little detail on the map and spun it into something so cool. Keep it up man :)

Return to Lore Section