The right way to play?

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!
UtherFyga
True Believer

The right way to play?

Post by UtherFyga » 01 Jun 2017, 11:38

I strongly hope that DEVs will prevent these low strikers in the MMO.
You can not spend hours and hours playing to flatten, build stone walls and architectural walls and then see players who vanish the hard work by abusing such bugs.

This way of abusing loses players who spend entire days playing according to the rules.

I HOPE THAT THIS PROBLEM ARE SOLVED IN MMO

see this screenshot:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/778407480102377113/7E96FD86B9A6ECFABDF90E1A5D49864FCD0EA044/

Streganera_88
True Believer

Re: The right way to play?

Post by Streganera_88 » 01 Jun 2017, 11:42

Quote!!!

Emanueletony89
Devoted Believer

Post by Emanueletony89 » 01 Jun 2017, 11:43

IT WOULD BE THE CASE TO FIND THESE BUGS

Solvoris
True Believer

Post by Solvoris » 01 Jun 2017, 11:48

up! :good:

Wellond1
True Believer

Post by Wellond1 » 01 Jun 2017, 11:56

I agree with u

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 01 Jun 2017, 12:04

It's not a bug, it's a feature.

Walls are not and will not be 100% defense, it's expected for players to be able to bypass them , because or only as strong as the defenders on them. If they are empty then they are relatively easy to get through.
Last edited by Sharana on 01 Jun 2017, 13:47, edited 1 time in total.

UtherFyga
True Believer

Post by UtherFyga » 01 Jun 2017, 12:09

Sharana wrote:It's not a bug, it's a feature.

Walls are not and will not be 100% defense, it's expected for players to be able to bypass them , because or only as strong as the defenders on them? If they are empty then they are relatively easy to get through.

are u joking? is not a feature is a bug, is a feudal simulator or not? in real u can compenetrate a log in a stone wall witouth using building skill?

This "log stair" is implemented in the construction skill... nope.. else is bug abusing... in all game bug abusing is like cheating ... you're a cheater?
Last edited by UtherFyga on 01 Jun 2017, 12:21, edited 1 time in total.

MaxN68
True Believer

Post by MaxN68 » 01 Jun 2017, 12:20

Sharana wrote:It's not a bug, it's a feature.

Walls are not and will not be 100% defense, it's expected for players to be able to bypass them , because or only as strong as the defenders on them? If they are empty then they are relatively easy to get through.

If this is a feature of the game, then I think I will choose more.
However, I would like to know clearly from the developers what their position is about.
My money and my time are not a feature.
Thank you

123feudal
Devoted Believer

Post by 123feudal » 01 Jun 2017, 12:37

e si PIU SIEGE MENO BUG :x :x

Dragmar
Zealous Believer

Post by Dragmar » 01 Jun 2017, 12:47

They are working on a minor skill called climbing, that will let you climb walls etc without stacking anything.

To quote Bobik from an interview we did a while back: Walls are only as strong as the people defending them.

But yeah, even if someone climbes in they can't steal from your buildings or containers as long as you have a claim, so not that big of a deal.

UtherFyga
True Believer

Post by UtherFyga » 01 Jun 2017, 13:03

Dragmar wrote:They are working on a minor skill called climbing, that will let you climb walls etc without stacking anything.

To quote Bobik from an interview we did a while back: Walls are only as strong as the people defending them.

But yeah, even if someone climbes in they can't steal from your buildings or containers as long as you have a claim, so not that big of a deal.

Climbing is fine, stacking trunks to overcome the walls is fine, stacking bark boxes or furniture is fine .... popping objects and putting them "flying" is a bug.
Using bugs is cheating.

You want to climb the walls ... it's a SIMULATOR ... stack enough logs to get in.
Doing a single-stack line is not realistic ... penetrating objects in the walls is not realistic ... it's a simulator we try to be all serious gamers ... this is not Rust ....

This way of playing by some people makes serious gamers escape.

I've seen "dying" a lot of games for this reason ... I'm an older player and I would miss seeing this platform because of the usual pro players who are just because they play dirty.

Coincidentally these things only happen on the days when the server is JH.
Because before the JH start you can jump in, get out of the server with the character inside the enemy walls, and return to JH started so the game will not put you out the claim.

Easy right? Nice way for kids to play

Thorium
True Believer

Post by Thorium » 01 Jun 2017, 13:31

i hope they fix this bugs abusers like dropping logs beds or chests by entering in combat pressing ''R'' button , they can fix these bug abusers by leaving the COMBAT OPTION when transportating things like logs beds chests and more so they cant do nothing because is not theyr claim !

:beer:

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 01 Jun 2017, 13:38

Guys, LiF is not the PvE paradise many are used to on RP servers with 5 pages of rules. There is not a single rule on the MMO.

The floating objects look strange, but they are PLACEHOLDER for proper mechanics like climbing a wall or using a siege ladder. It is intended for players to penetrate walls this way, it's a feature and the floating items are staying till proper mechanics are implemented in order to give players the ability to penetrate walls this way.

importand-question-to-the-devs-regarding-possible-abuse-of-g-t23494/page10/#p101373
Last edited by Sharana on 01 Jun 2017, 13:56, edited 1 time in total.

Streganera_88
True Believer

Post by Streganera_88 » 01 Jun 2017, 13:55

Sharana wrote:Guys, LiF is not the PvE paradise many are used on RP servers with 5 pages of rules. There is not a single rule on the MMO.

The floating objects look strange, but they are PLACEHOLDER for proper mechanics like climbing a wall or using a siege ladder. It is intended for players to penetrate walls this way, it's a feature and the floating items are staying till proper mechanics are implemented in order to give players the ability to penetrate walls this way.

importand-question-to-the-devs-regarding-possible-abuse-of-g-t23494/page10/#p101373

I strongly hope that these abusing bugs will be eliminated or at least modified in something REAL, as mentioned above by other people this is a feudal life simulator, not Rust or similar games. I'm honest: if I was one of the programmers I was doing a test for every person before they bought the game because many players do not know what it means to play seriously and they do not know what the word means: SIMULATOR... Sharana the world is beautiful because it is varied If everyone thought about it as you or me, no one would play anymore, trust me. We will see how it will happen in the future (there is no need to always do a 10km long controversy, everybody expresses their ideas, tips, suggestions and experiences).

And honestly (without offense) I do not need to know from you how the servers are on Lif. Playing this simulator a few days after he came out. If you do not agree on the ideas of someone else you do not need to debate, you can simply do not respond or respond by writing: I disagree ... I think so! Everyone is free to express their ideas and suggestions (especially if he holds us to a platform and does not want to see her end up bad as many other games of the past). This is all!
Last edited by Streganera_88 on 01 Jun 2017, 14:07, edited 1 time in total.

UtherFyga
True Believer

Post by UtherFyga » 01 Jun 2017, 14:03

Sharana wrote:Guys, LiF is not the PvE paradise many are used on RP servers with 5 pages of rules. There is not a single rule on the MMO.

Probably it is the fault of using google, but you do not understand me ... I do pvp every day, overwhelmed walls, I slay, kill and get killed ...
The problem is when some players use bugs. Why do you have to use bugs when you can do the same without abusing?
Why is it easier?
Why do not you make a noise and can you do it?
Why are you a child who does not know how to play clean ...?

Probably the last question is the problem

You can say whatever you want,
Devs say that the walls are not the absolute defense, not that you are allowed to abuse bugs.

The fact that some players abusing bugs qualify them as mediocre players if they are not bad players.

I repeat, I saw tens and dozens of games failing thanks to players who think about it as you ... I have seen servers and MMO leak with players like that.

Tell me, the stupid are the 3-4,000 players who abandoned the games or the 200 abuser bugs they kept playing?

I hope that the compenetration of objects is completely prevented.
it is clear that object models have problems if you can penetrate them with others and remain suspended in the air .... is a bug

If the choice of devs will close your eyes and ignore the problem because it's simpler so, then this game will be a flop like many others.

Weye wrote:Image

278. Are log ladders like this working as intended? is this a tactic we should expect to deal with/utilize in the mmo?
  • Answer: Until we have a proper siege ladders and climbing mechanics - yes, I'd say that it is a good alternative. Constructing such ladder should take a LOT of time and effort, and the wall should not be a 100% safe defense by design.
Also we were wondering if there would be additional wall segment options later on? like wall sections without battlements for corners etc.
  • Answer: Yup, we might introduce some other types of wall modules later. But there's nothing certain yet.

hu hu.. that the point... look the image and look my scrennshot... in this i see 10 log simulate a stair.. TEN LOGS SIMULATE A STAIR!!!!!
not 4 flyng logs

IS THE SAME FOR U? SERIUSLY... Arrakis says: Constructing such ladder should take a LOT of time and effort, and the wall should not be a 100% safe defense by design.

I ask u... the exemple reported to Arrakis, is the same of the my screenshot?

I don't think...

Look the image... and after, only after write...
Last edited by UtherFyga on 01 Jun 2017, 14:25, edited 2 times in total.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 01 Jun 2017, 14:23

UtherFyga wrote:Probably it is the fault of using google, but you do not understand me ...

I would say you don't understand me. No one "likes" how unrealistic the floating objects look - be it players or devs. BUT - this is left in the current state FOR GAMEPLAY REASONS, on purpose and as such is NOT viewed as bug or exploit. When the proper ways of penetrating a wall relatively easy are ready (like climbing or simple siege ladders) then the floating stuff will be reworked or even if not the players will simply stop using it, because it will be easier to get over the walls with the proper tools.

But till those proper tools are coded and implemented the floating objects are not a bug, but a feature to provide core gameplay mechanics. You can't take away the option for players to jump over undefended walls relatively fast, because it is/was/will be a game feature planned from the start. And it doesn't matter that it looks very unrealistic atm, better that then no gameplay possibility to jump over walls at all.

UtherFyga
True Believer

Post by UtherFyga » 01 Jun 2017, 14:33

Sharana wrote:
UtherFyga wrote:Probably it is the fault of using google, but you do not understand me ...

I would say you don't understand me. No one "likes" how unrealistic the floating objects look - be it players or devs. BUT - this is left in the current state FOR GAMEPLAY REASONS, on purpose and as such is NOT viewed as bug or exploit. When the proper ways of penetrating a wall relatively easy are ready (like climbing or simple siege ladders) then the floating stuff will be reworked or even if not the players will simply stop using it, because it will be easier to get over the walls with the proper tools.

But till those proper tools are coded and implemented the floating objects are not a bug, but a feature to provide core gameplay mechanics. You can't take away the option for players to jump over undefended walls relatively fast, because it is/was/will be a game feature planned from the start. And it doesn't matter that it looks very unrealistic atm, better that then no gameplay possibility to jump over walls at all.

While you answer me I found the problem and I modified my previous post ... i know u can simulate one stair with logs ... 10-12 logs for the stone wall is realistic, i use it ... player used it Against my castle and I did not complain ... but 3 logs to climb over a wall?

Thorium
True Believer

Post by Thorium » 01 Jun 2017, 14:47

Sharana wrote:Guys, LiF is not the PvE paradise many are used to on RP servers with 5 pages of rules. There is not a single rule on the MMO.

Clearly you're a little kid who didnt know what game you playing, is not call of duty or other shitty games who let you using bugs to win or cheating, this is a feudal simulator so you have to WORK HARD and HELP YOUR TEAMMATES to work fasted and grown up faster, if you want to assault others castle you DONT NEED TO USE BUGS like logs stairs, but doing TEAMWORK and go togheder to enemy claim, BUILD TREBUCHET's , is beautyful seeing this things shooting rocks on enemy walls, and is a CLEAN WAY to assault enemyes claims WITHOUT BUG ABUSING ! , so if you see some BUGS and GLITCHES please dont be a Toxic player and REPORT IT TO MODERATORS , and if you dont know if using bugs or abusing it is bannable, JUST ASK PPL WHO KNOW THIS GAME BETTER THAN YOU.

ENJOY UR GAME AND HELP THE COMUNITY TO FIX THESE BUGS !

:beer:

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 01 Jun 2017, 14:48

But it is absolutely same mechanic...
The fact that your wall was breached with only 4 logs instead of 10 comes only from the fact that you are using the bad diagonal walls which nullify the terraforming (look closely at that screenshot).

So it's horse -> log -> flat land because of your bad diagonal walls -> log -> log - > log and the walls. And I'm pretty sure the gaps between at least 2 of the logs are too big for player to jump without the special jump ability on the 2 handed axes.

So if you didn't use the bad diagonal walls and the logs were stacked for everyone to use them (not only with the 2h axes jump) then it would have been around the mentioned 10 logs. But the amount doesn't really matter - it's the same mechanic allowing both situations and complaining about it while saying you use it too is pretty much hypocrisy.

Other then that castle walls are about 3 times higher then the stone ones. Build castle walls + steep terraforming and you will hardy find volunteers willing to stack like 40 logs/barkboxes to get over them, it will be easy to just destroy them with a treb during JH.

Robert.vladescu97 wrote:Clearly you're a little kid who didnt know what game you playing

It's funny when someone with 97 in the name and writing in multiple colors is calling you a kid, but it's the internet. Other then that complain to the devs that they designed a game where you can penetrate walls NOT only by destroying them during JH. Because that's what they said they want to make from the start.

UtherFyga
True Believer

Post by UtherFyga » 01 Jun 2017, 15:04

Oh ok for u is the same thinks because the macamics is the same...

Go in the mmo... play in this mode in few month u play alone with other player with your same ideas....

Streganera_88
True Believer

Post by Streganera_88 » 01 Jun 2017, 15:06

Sharana wrote:But it is absolutely same mechanic...
The fact that your wall was breached with only 4 logs instead of 10 comes only from the fact that you are using the bad diagonal walls which nullify the terraforming (look closely at that screenshot).

So it's horse -> log -> flat land because of your bad diagonal walls -> log -> log - > log and the walls. And I'm pretty sure the gaps between at least 2 of the logs are too big for player to jump without the special jump ability on the 2 handed axes.

So if you didn't use the bad diagonal walls and the logs were stacked for everyone to use them (not only with the 2h axes jump) then it would have been around the mentioned 10 logs. But the amount doesn't really matter - it's the same mechanic allowing both situations and complaining about it while saying you use it too is pretty much hypocrisy.

Other then that castle walls are about 3 times higher then the stone ones. Build castle walls + steep terraforming and you will hardy find volunteers willing to stack like 40 logs/barkboxes to get over them, it will be easy to just destroy them with a treb during JH.

Robert.vladescu97 wrote:Clearly you're a little kid who didnt know what game you playing

It's funny when someone with 97 in the name and writing in multiple colors is calling you a kid, but it's the internet. Other then that complain to the devs that they designed a game where you can penetrate walls NOT only by destroying them during JH. Because that's what they said they want to make from the start.

In my opinion, it is not how many years the document can have a player, you can have 15 as you can have 60. I've known in this game people who are 50 years old, but the brain of a 10-year-old person, I'm sorry to have to say it. And they were people who used abusing bugs (even bugs that were Lif's early times and then were modified or even eliminated by Devs) So ... we'll see how it will go in the future. There is no point in arguing more than ever since neither of us is one of the Devs. It will be up to them to take the right choices and the best ideas / ideas of the entire community that really love this game. I do not know how much this game likes you, but I love it and I really hope it will not end like many other games.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 01 Jun 2017, 16:19

In the OPs initial image, are those logs sitting in the wall, or are they completely floating on thier own? If floating on thieir own then there is a YO setting for that. On our server logs and other objects have to be touching something that is grounded. If 'stuck' in the wall then it would appear that it is a bug, as my understanding is that the log is supposed to be 'red' and not place-able.

Sharana is right though, in that players are supposed to be able to climb over walls. So this is not really a 'broken game' mechanic. There are also things you can do to prevent this, such as building multiple layers.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

UtherFyga
True Believer

Post by UtherFyga » 01 Jun 2017, 17:00

Azzerhoden wrote:If 'stuck' in the wall then it would appear that it is a bug, as my understanding is that the log is supposed to be 'red' and not place-able.

My problem is this... al the log in my screenshot are "stuck" in the wall... supposed to be red and not place-able.... u can see.. 1/5 of log is inside the wall

Is true.. Sharana is right though, in that players are supposed to be able to climb over walls.
But if u use a bug to do a floating stair (i try, if u not stuck the log in the wall, when u place it appear on the ground) is bug abusing...

The fact is that here as in real life is the right way and the wrong way to do things.
Since doing things the wrong way in real life is despicable and sometimes punishable I do not see why they are ignored or sometimes encouraged here.

It is simply a question of principle

Nikoseven

Post by Nikoseven » 01 Jun 2017, 17:14

Quote!! :evil:

Return to Feedback Section