The right way to play?

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Streganera_88
True Believer

Re: The right way to play?

Post by Streganera_88 » 01 Jun 2017, 15:06

Sharana wrote:But it is absolutely same mechanic...
The fact that your wall was breached with only 4 logs instead of 10 comes only from the fact that you are using the bad diagonal walls which nullify the terraforming (look closely at that screenshot).

So it's horse -> log -> flat land because of your bad diagonal walls -> log -> log - > log and the walls. And I'm pretty sure the gaps between at least 2 of the logs are too big for player to jump without the special jump ability on the 2 handed axes.

So if you didn't use the bad diagonal walls and the logs were stacked for everyone to use them (not only with the 2h axes jump) then it would have been around the mentioned 10 logs. But the amount doesn't really matter - it's the same mechanic allowing both situations and complaining about it while saying you use it too is pretty much hypocrisy.

Other then that castle walls are about 3 times higher then the stone ones. Build castle walls + steep terraforming and you will hardy find volunteers willing to stack like 40 logs/barkboxes to get over them, it will be easy to just destroy them with a treb during JH.

Robert.vladescu97 wrote:Clearly you're a little kid who didnt know what game you playing

It's funny when someone with 97 in the name and writing in multiple colors is calling you a kid, but it's the internet. Other then that complain to the devs that they designed a game where you can penetrate walls NOT only by destroying them during JH. Because that's what they said they want to make from the start.

In my opinion, it is not how many years the document can have a player, you can have 15 as you can have 60. I've known in this game people who are 50 years old, but the brain of a 10-year-old person, I'm sorry to have to say it. And they were people who used abusing bugs (even bugs that were Lif's early times and then were modified or even eliminated by Devs) So ... we'll see how it will go in the future. There is no point in arguing more than ever since neither of us is one of the Devs. It will be up to them to take the right choices and the best ideas / ideas of the entire community that really love this game. I do not know how much this game likes you, but I love it and I really hope it will not end like many other games.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 01 Jun 2017, 16:19

In the OPs initial image, are those logs sitting in the wall, or are they completely floating on thier own? If floating on thieir own then there is a YO setting for that. On our server logs and other objects have to be touching something that is grounded. If 'stuck' in the wall then it would appear that it is a bug, as my understanding is that the log is supposed to be 'red' and not place-able.

Sharana is right though, in that players are supposed to be able to climb over walls. So this is not really a 'broken game' mechanic. There are also things you can do to prevent this, such as building multiple layers.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

UtherFyga
True Believer

Post by UtherFyga » 01 Jun 2017, 17:00

Azzerhoden wrote:If 'stuck' in the wall then it would appear that it is a bug, as my understanding is that the log is supposed to be 'red' and not place-able.

My problem is this... al the log in my screenshot are "stuck" in the wall... supposed to be red and not place-able.... u can see.. 1/5 of log is inside the wall

Is true.. Sharana is right though, in that players are supposed to be able to climb over walls.
But if u use a bug to do a floating stair (i try, if u not stuck the log in the wall, when u place it appear on the ground) is bug abusing...

The fact is that here as in real life is the right way and the wrong way to do things.
Since doing things the wrong way in real life is despicable and sometimes punishable I do not see why they are ignored or sometimes encouraged here.

It is simply a question of principle

Nikoseven

Post by Nikoseven » 01 Jun 2017, 17:14

Quote!! :evil:

Return to Feedback Section