Too Much Entitlement

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Zathurus
Alpha Tester

Re: Too Much Entitlement

Post by Zathurus » 18 Nov 2017, 21:44

to the 600 or so people in the forums instead of in the games.

The easiest way to feel better about the situation.

Just think to yourself how pissed those playing in the game are going to be after they do a full MMO wipe when they get this recent round of bugs fixed.

Although my 90 day subscription is ticking down since I enabled it to install a couple days ago, and still have not got a workable version installed. first 3 days spent posting here :) that does bother me a little bit, but my play style is not to rush anyways, so not worried about head start other then understanding principle of it.

CombattMagoo

Post by CombattMagoo » 18 Nov 2017, 21:45

This launch should have been better. Half the players cant even log in.

Its really bad.

Velius

Post by Velius » 18 Nov 2017, 21:52

Lazzie_Puca wrote:I get it, but there is a cost to contest such lands. Whose to say you'll team will end up the victor, and may perhaps such time for the guild would be better invested in securing safe lands and making favorable alliances. Consolidating power rather than just fighting a war of attrition? The game is what you make it though, I won't say you should play this way or that if your mind is set.

Therein lies the entire reasoning that you need to be fast. With a 24-hour jump plus 36 hours worth of x2 skill gain and whatever bonuses premium confers, a clan can have stone walls, reinforced gates, iron/steel weapons, and archers. They will be able to defend the position far better than if everyone started at the same time.

They can then assert themselves on the surrounding settlements and broker treaties for resources in exchange for protection, provisions, etc. as well as form alliances. Being in a strong position would make them all the more attractive as an ally rather than an enemy.

Never walk into a fair fight when walking into an unfair fight is an option.

Zathurus
Alpha Tester

Post by Zathurus » 18 Nov 2017, 21:55

Lynchje wrote:This launch should have been better. Half the players cant even log in.

Its really bad.

Unless we be the bad half of the players

:sorry:

Ok that can't be it

:angel:

where not the bad half, we are the board half (see the pun)

And note the nuke, Oppenheimer, Robert

bad to bOaRd :D

Velius

Post by Velius » 18 Nov 2017, 22:00

Zathurus wrote:Although my 90 day subscription is ticking down since I enabled it to install a couple days ago.

Incidentally Zath, I can't tell since you have the Alpha Tester forum title whether you bout in at Zealot or not, but if so don't forget you now have a 120-day sub.

AlexTaldren
True Believer

Post by AlexTaldren » 18 Nov 2017, 22:03

You are entitled to something you pay for in a voluntary transaction. Period. "Entitlement" to things you haven't earned is a problem, yes.

If people demanded a free game because they don't want to pay for it, that's the false feeling of entitlement. When you buy something and want it in exchange for your money, that means you are entitled to it.

Zathurus
Alpha Tester

Post by Zathurus » 18 Nov 2017, 22:22

Velius wrote:Incidentally Zath, I can't tell since you have the Alpha Tester forum title whether you bout in at Zealot or not, but if so don't forget you now have a 120-day sub.

Yea I got the zealot, or so it says in the email, and I pretty sure I bought largest package back in 2014,

I didn't know the days 30 for alpha, 90 for zealot stacked, thanks

Zathurus
Alpha Tester

Post by Zathurus » 18 Nov 2017, 22:27

AlexTaldren wrote: When you buy something and want it in exchange for your money, that means you are entitled to it.

"You are entitled to have what I say you have" - Monarchy system

You presume the current state of existence has a rule set and a legal systems. (For instance in the USA the law system currently is not in effect)

Most systems are actually closer to monarchy and only talk about laws to keep the peasants in line, although no need to give examples, the idea that some law entitles you to something, only matters if the systems in place enforce those agreements.

Feudal systems, and unfortunately most current systems only recognize what you can take as rule of law (because I can rule set).

Although I am entitled to be paid, but that is not about this game, but since you are delving into meaning of words, you need to also think about the systems those words operate in.

Or...
Look at the title.
And
You are overruled!

AlexVestin

Post by AlexVestin » 18 Nov 2017, 22:45

I still would not call it bad. It's rather normal for launches like this to overload servers and the like.

Nobody is really losing anything. They still get their credits, premium time, skins and all else they paid for.

AlexTaldren
True Believer

Post by AlexTaldren » 18 Nov 2017, 22:52

Zathurus wrote:
AlexTaldren wrote: When you buy something and want it in exchange for your money, that means you are entitled to it.

"You are entitled to have what I say you have" - Monarchy system

You presume the current state of existence has a rule set and a legal systems. (For instance in the USA the law system currently is not in effect)

Most systems are actually closer to monarchy and only talk about laws to keep the peasants in line, although no need to give examples, the idea that some law entitles you to something, only matters if the systems in place enforce those agreements.

Feudal systems, and unfortunately most current systems only recognize what you can take as rule of law (because I can rule set).

Although I am entitled to be paid, but that is not about this game, but since you are delving into meaning of words, you need to also think about the systems those words operate in.

Or...
Look at the title.
And
You are overruled!

No, I make no presumption regarding the current legal system. What I'm stating is a philosophical and moral truth. I don't care about the legal definition of "entitlement."

Just because kings, priests, gods, mystics, or politicians attempt to warp reality or bend it to suit their needs is irrelevant. A is A. There is an objective reality to these things. What I earn is mine by the virtue of the fact that I earned it.

People here entered into a voluntary exchange with the publishers of this game. My point is that the OP is making the claim that their money and voluntary action is meaningless. That is incorrect. They are entitled to receive the product they purchased--or a refund. It's just that simple.

Uther
Beta Tester

Post by Uther » 18 Nov 2017, 23:02

Spoken like a true fanboy and someone who is new to the direction the video game industry is gravitating. People have good reason to be outraged. This game has been in development for years, it's not like this couldn't have been avoided. You know that beta is just a trend and a safety net label that many developers are using now as an excuse should their game utterly flop. Next time use your brain before posting such stupidity and making yourself look like a fool.

Zathurus
Alpha Tester

Post by Zathurus » 18 Nov 2017, 23:47

Uther wrote:Spoken like a true fanboy and someone who is new to the direction the video game industry is gravitating. People have good reason to be outraged. This game has been in development for years, it's not like this couldn't have been avoided. You know that beta is just a trend and a safety net label that many developers are using now as an excuse should their game utterly flop. Next time use your brain before posting such stupidity and making yourself look like a fool.

Your arguing about entitlement around the topic of a video game... A topic that except for a few people, really is not a huge issue.

And you are both doing that on systems of information that travel across the world through many different systems and devices almost all anonymous and unseen, as the game communication also does.

The very act of using such tech for anything other then foolishness...
would be foolish.

Therefore, to comment on such a game is wise

AlexVestin

Post by AlexVestin » 19 Nov 2017, 02:03

Okay, I might just have to quote you on several things here. You seem to need it.

Uther wrote:Spoken like a true fanboy and someone who is new to the direction the video game industry is gravitating.

I know what you are reffering to, and it's for AAA titles, big developers, largest game companies. Not indie devs like these devs here.

Uther wrote:People have good reason to be outraged. This game has been in development for years, it's not like this couldn't have been avoided.

All game are under development for years. Even from big companies. Yet, the games released often have a certain feel of unfinished that ins't going to go away. Those games are released and finished in the eyes of the company. This one on the other hand, should be obvious of being a true unfinished game, with several years of development still to come.

Uther wrote:You know that beta is just a trend and a safety net label that many developers are using now as an excuse should their game utterly flop.

The thing about that. It's often larger companies here too, using the BETA tag on stuff, when it's obviously just a demo quick demo before the game is released. Never would sane people show a true beta 2 weeks before launch.

Uther wrote:Next time use your brain before posting such stupidity and making yourself look like a fool.

You are actually wrong on all your assumptions this time. This is no big game company. No AAA title. Not close to thousand employees. I've seen no trace of huge money spent on marketing. You should try to look around and see what kind of forum you're posting in.

Zathurus
Alpha Tester

Post by Zathurus » 19 Nov 2017, 02:27

Greasegunner wrote:https://imgur.com/KWuFOzQ

Nice castle you got there.

American Dream?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DumlIIHSrsQ

I just want those developers to get through this stressful time, and want there project to be successful, because unlike your photo, it is a nice dream, and better then most.

Uther
Beta Tester

Post by Uther » 19 Nov 2017, 04:31

AlexVestin wrote:Okay, I might just have to quote you on several things here. You seem to need it.

Uther wrote:Spoken like a true fanboy and someone who is new to the direction the video game industry is gravitating.

I know what you are reffering to, and it's for AAA titles, big developers, largest game companies. Not indie devs like these devs here.

So because it's an indie company you can't be a fanboy?

AlexVestin wrote:
Uther wrote:People have good reason to be outraged. This game has been in development for years, it's not like this couldn't have been avoided.

All game are under development for years. Even from big companies. Yet, the games released often have a certain feel of unfinished that ins't going to go away. Those games are released and finished in the eyes of the company. This one on the other hand, should be obvious of being a true unfinished game, with several years of development still to come.

Several years of development still to come but has already had several years of development to prepare for this shitstorm of a launch.

AlexVestin wrote:
Uther wrote:You know that beta is just a trend and a safety net label that many developers are using now as an excuse should their game utterly flop.

The thing about that. It's often larger companies here too, using the BETA tag on stuff, when it's obviously just a demo quick demo before the game is released. Never would sane people show a true beta 2 weeks before launch.

This shit is a true beta.

AlexVestin wrote:
Uther wrote:Next time use your brain before posting such stupidity and making yourself look like a fool.

You are actually wrong on all your assumptions this time. This is no big game company. No AAA title. Not close to thousand employees. I've seen no trace of huge money spent on marketing. You should try to look around and see what kind of forum you're posting in.

You act as if they didn't have years to prepare and try to prevent as bad of a launch as it has been. Get your head out of where the sun doesn't shine, stop the hardcore white knighting and brown-nosing, and don't bother replying because I won't be reading it.

Return to General Discussion