Too Much Entitlement

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Uther
Beta Tester

Re: Too Much Entitlement

Post by Uther » 18 Nov 2017, 23:02

Spoken like a true fanboy and someone who is new to the direction the video game industry is gravitating. People have good reason to be outraged. This game has been in development for years, it's not like this couldn't have been avoided. You know that beta is just a trend and a safety net label that many developers are using now as an excuse should their game utterly flop. Next time use your brain before posting such stupidity and making yourself look like a fool.

Zathurus
Alpha Tester

Post by Zathurus » 18 Nov 2017, 23:47

Uther wrote:Spoken like a true fanboy and someone who is new to the direction the video game industry is gravitating. People have good reason to be outraged. This game has been in development for years, it's not like this couldn't have been avoided. You know that beta is just a trend and a safety net label that many developers are using now as an excuse should their game utterly flop. Next time use your brain before posting such stupidity and making yourself look like a fool.

Your arguing about entitlement around the topic of a video game... A topic that except for a few people, really is not a huge issue.

And you are both doing that on systems of information that travel across the world through many different systems and devices almost all anonymous and unseen, as the game communication also does.

The very act of using such tech for anything other then foolishness...
would be foolish.

Therefore, to comment on such a game is wise

AlexVestin

Post by AlexVestin » 19 Nov 2017, 02:03

Okay, I might just have to quote you on several things here. You seem to need it.

Uther wrote:Spoken like a true fanboy and someone who is new to the direction the video game industry is gravitating.

I know what you are reffering to, and it's for AAA titles, big developers, largest game companies. Not indie devs like these devs here.

Uther wrote:People have good reason to be outraged. This game has been in development for years, it's not like this couldn't have been avoided.

All game are under development for years. Even from big companies. Yet, the games released often have a certain feel of unfinished that ins't going to go away. Those games are released and finished in the eyes of the company. This one on the other hand, should be obvious of being a true unfinished game, with several years of development still to come.

Uther wrote:You know that beta is just a trend and a safety net label that many developers are using now as an excuse should their game utterly flop.

The thing about that. It's often larger companies here too, using the BETA tag on stuff, when it's obviously just a demo quick demo before the game is released. Never would sane people show a true beta 2 weeks before launch.

Uther wrote:Next time use your brain before posting such stupidity and making yourself look like a fool.

You are actually wrong on all your assumptions this time. This is no big game company. No AAA title. Not close to thousand employees. I've seen no trace of huge money spent on marketing. You should try to look around and see what kind of forum you're posting in.

Zathurus
Alpha Tester

Post by Zathurus » 19 Nov 2017, 02:27

Greasegunner wrote:https://imgur.com/KWuFOzQ

Nice castle you got there.

American Dream?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DumlIIHSrsQ

I just want those developers to get through this stressful time, and want there project to be successful, because unlike your photo, it is a nice dream, and better then most.

Uther
Beta Tester

Post by Uther » 19 Nov 2017, 04:31

AlexVestin wrote:Okay, I might just have to quote you on several things here. You seem to need it.

Uther wrote:Spoken like a true fanboy and someone who is new to the direction the video game industry is gravitating.

I know what you are reffering to, and it's for AAA titles, big developers, largest game companies. Not indie devs like these devs here.

So because it's an indie company you can't be a fanboy?

AlexVestin wrote:
Uther wrote:People have good reason to be outraged. This game has been in development for years, it's not like this couldn't have been avoided.

All game are under development for years. Even from big companies. Yet, the games released often have a certain feel of unfinished that ins't going to go away. Those games are released and finished in the eyes of the company. This one on the other hand, should be obvious of being a true unfinished game, with several years of development still to come.

Several years of development still to come but has already had several years of development to prepare for this shitstorm of a launch.

AlexVestin wrote:
Uther wrote:You know that beta is just a trend and a safety net label that many developers are using now as an excuse should their game utterly flop.

The thing about that. It's often larger companies here too, using the BETA tag on stuff, when it's obviously just a demo quick demo before the game is released. Never would sane people show a true beta 2 weeks before launch.

This shit is a true beta.

AlexVestin wrote:
Uther wrote:Next time use your brain before posting such stupidity and making yourself look like a fool.

You are actually wrong on all your assumptions this time. This is no big game company. No AAA title. Not close to thousand employees. I've seen no trace of huge money spent on marketing. You should try to look around and see what kind of forum you're posting in.

You act as if they didn't have years to prepare and try to prevent as bad of a launch as it has been. Get your head out of where the sun doesn't shine, stop the hardcore white knighting and brown-nosing, and don't bother replying because I won't be reading it.

Return to General Discussion