Toxic clans

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Hodo
True Believer

Re: Toxic clans

Post by Hodo » 24 Nov 2017, 17:09

Ulfus wrote:@ Asimov, fine now iknow how to kill you with a twink ;-)

I dont think "twink" means what you think it means.....

Ulfus
Devoted Believer

Post by Ulfus » 24 Nov 2017, 18:49

Maybe

SerMedieval
True Believer

Post by SerMedieval » 24 Nov 2017, 21:27

Rhade wrote:
SerMedieval wrote:This is a group game, so if you're not intending on joining a group you'll have an difficult-impossible time enjoying yourself. And that goes for this sandbox and most sandboxes that came before it like Darkfall.

So. Wrong.

We ran NA. Destroyed giant zergs. Rolled with 20-30 at maximum and we got to the point that whoever hired us, won sieges. People called us "toxic" and were so upset because our sole presence decided the outcome of major battles consisting of hundreds. With 20-30 people. That's a fact and not up for debate. Darkfall was a sandbox and we ran the NA server with 25 actives. Won field battles with groups of 7-10 against 2x and 3x our number. Also a fact. Clearly the developers here don't allow players to do the same with arbitrary, hard-coded quantity requirements to claim land.

So, no, you're wrong. Numbers don't decide the day and don't pretend that Life is Feudal is a sandbox. It isn't. It takes player choice out of the player's hands and only allows one play style: zerging. This is made evident by the hard coded number requirement for a guild claim of ten players.

Keep Darkfall's name out of your mouth, and "sandbox" out of your mouth while we're talking about Life is Feudal, because they don't belong in the same category.

I think you completely misunderstood the point I was trying to make and brought up an invalid argument out of no where. First off, I said this is a "group" game. Not a zerg game, didn't call darkfall a zerg game either, lol. If you were rolling with 20-30 people that would be classified as a group,guild,etc... So the fact that you even replied to my post at all with that has got me dumbfounded.

If you had said that you ran the whole NA server by yourself then you may have had some validity for your argument, which would be impossible in Darkfall. Next, the genre - sandbox usually involves games where you can shape the land to your liking, do whatever you want without many restrictions, open-world pvp, and a long grind to keep you occupied. So I'm completely able to compare Darkfall and this game, hell I could compare Darkfall and Minecraft and still find some similarities.

It's obvious you've got some strong feelings against this game and find Darkfall to be far superior, which would explain why you were so quick to jump on me the moment I mentioned it. Luckily for you Darkfall: New Dawn just recently got announced to release in early 2018. So if you're so anal about it, go play that version.

Life is Feudal is a group game which can be compared to other games in it's genre, and you further confirmed that with your cock-swinging response.

Have a nice day :beer:

Asimov

Post by Asimov » 24 Nov 2017, 22:51

Ulfus wrote:@ Asimov, fine now iknow how to kill you with a twink ;-)

Please. -499 alignment so it will be the end of the character :-)

Ulfus
Devoted Believer

Post by Ulfus » 24 Nov 2017, 23:15

Nothing is forever 8-)

Rhade
True Believer

Post by Rhade » 25 Nov 2017, 00:16

SerMedieval wrote:
Rhade wrote:
SerMedieval wrote:This is a group game, so if you're not intending on joining a group you'll have an difficult-impossible time enjoying yourself. And that goes for this sandbox and most sandboxes that came before it like Darkfall.

So. Wrong.

We ran NA. Destroyed giant zergs. Rolled with 20-30 at maximum and we got to the point that whoever hired us, won sieges. People called us "toxic" and were so upset because our sole presence decided the outcome of major battles consisting of hundreds. With 20-30 people. That's a fact and not up for debate. Darkfall was a sandbox and we ran the NA server with 25 actives. Won field battles with groups of 7-10 against 2x and 3x our number. Also a fact. Clearly the developers here don't allow players to do the same with arbitrary, hard-coded quantity requirements to claim land.

So, no, you're wrong. Numbers don't decide the day and don't pretend that Life is Feudal is a sandbox. It isn't. It takes player choice out of the player's hands and only allows one play style: zerging. This is made evident by the hard coded number requirement for a guild claim of ten players.

Keep Darkfall's name out of your mouth, and "sandbox" out of your mouth while we're talking about Life is Feudal, because they don't belong in the same category.

I think you completely misunderstood the point I was trying to make and brought up an invalid argument out of no where. First off, I said this is a "group" game. Not a zerg game, didn't call darkfall a zerg game either, lol. If you were rolling with 20-30 people that would be classified as a group,guild,etc... So the fact that you even replied to my post at all with that has got me dumbfounded.

If you had said that you ran the whole NA server by yourself then you may have had some validity for your argument, which would be impossible in Darkfall. Next, the genre - sandbox usually involves games where you can shape the land to your liking, do whatever you want without many restrictions, open-world pvp, and a long grind to keep you occupied. So I'm completely able to compare Darkfall and this game, hell I could compare Darkfall and Minecraft and still find some similarities.

It's obvious you've got some strong feelings against this game and find Darkfall to be far superior, which would explain why you were so quick to jump on me the moment I mentioned it. Luckily for you Darkfall: New Dawn just recently got announced to release in early 2018. So if you're so anal about it, go play that version.

Life is Feudal is a group game which can be compared to other games in it's genre, and you further confirmed that with your cock-swinging response.

Have a nice day :beer:

20-30 on the roster, with a norm of roughly ~9 active at a time. Under current Life is Feudal hard-coded "rules," we would not be able to claim land here for arbitrary reasons no one can really explain. Darkfall is not a "group game," LiF is not a "group game," they were both advertised as sandboxes and the hallmark of a sandbox game is player freedom with the ability to play and create as the players see fit. It is completely reasonable to expect to be able to have a working claim with 9 players, but the developers simply impose hard-coded limits for their own subjective assessments instead of letting the playerbase determine what's actually feasible.

Group is fine. However, this game does not accept "groups." We have an amazing "group," but it doesn't meet the arbitrary number of ten at the moment -- just shy -- so we aren't allowed to play. Life is Feudal was never pitched as a "10 player required group game." It was pitched as a sandbox. Sand. Box.

That's what I was driving at. The point is, large groups aren't necessary, and the game shouldn't impose random number requirements. Let groups dictate their own identities and strategies as far as quality vs quantity goes. Hope you aren't quite so dumbfounded this time around.

Rhade Letalis

Black Shields

Madeofmeat

Post by Madeofmeat » 25 Nov 2017, 04:07

This really is a politics-oriented game, by design. Nobody in this game is anything alone, groups need to find ways to organize and cooperate in order to survive and out-compete other groups. Some players think this is awesome, others not so much, but it's deliberately designed to fill that niche and it probably isn't changing.

However, not every big group on the server is into chasing off the little indy guys, and really, in the long term this is a terrible strategy for them. Regions of the map where the local powers-that-be are tolerant and encouraging of independent settlers are going to have better-developed economies in the long term, and they'll pull ahead in power. Try moving a few servers over, scout around and try to find what bigger groups are running the area and see if they are hospitable to independents, many are.

Tashka

Post by Tashka » 05 Dec 2017, 11:13

Gruber wrote:
Dobrt wrote:
Dakgu35 wrote:This isn't a solo game
This is a group game you cannot survive without a group

This won't be any game if changes are not made.

Actually most players like the MMO how it is now. It is only a small group of disrespectfull people who purchased a game that they know nothing about and now get mad because the well advertised gamedisgn does not suits them.

A player driven world with as much freedom as possible will always be a pain in the ass for lone wolfs and small groups. If you were unable to imagine that before you purchased the game, next time try to think before purchasing...

The game was advertised as a feudal life simulator. Well if you come and tell someone to get off "your" land because they've cut down a few trees to build their first house instead of being happy about how there are more people around for you to rule and exploit it has nothing to do with being "feudal", but definetely a sign of being a short-sighted griefer, nothing more. Those who let people to settle now will eventually become kings and tell you to get off their land, supported by their overwhelming military and economical power.
Shadow queen, tyrant, crooked whore, bloody goddess, Princess of Verna, self-proclaimed Queen in Kingdom of the North (Epleland)

Books for the people! - a client mod to let you write books and messages

Mawgan
True Believer

Post by Mawgan » 05 Dec 2017, 13:41

Gildmeister:
1) Not "kid ruined game". Lags ruined game.
The main reason why my guild removing guilds from our server is that we cant play because server is congested. Two our guilds generate 350 people + randoms is huge. When enemy will come to us as army server will blow up!

2) Your problems is your foult.
Almost on every YO servers where kingdoms live you must ask them for permission to build. In Life is Feudal the politic is old like almost 2 years. So if you build wherever you want because you have to best view from window and not respect that maybe its land of that huge tough guys - its your problem.

Sorry its not MineCraft and i hope it will never be, because we bought this game as "medieval hardcore pvp sandbox"
XENO TAVERN
TS: ts3.xenotavern.com
http://youtube.com/xenotavern
http://facebook.com/XenoTavern

Zapraszamy umiłowanych w PvP i coop.

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 05 Dec 2017, 13:46

Mawgan wrote:Gildmeister:
1) Not "kid ruined game". Lags ruined game.
The main reason why my guild removing guilds from our server is that we cant play because server is congested. Two our guilds generate 350 people + randoms is huge. When enemy will come to us as army server will blow up!

2) Your problems is your foult.
Almost on every YO servers where kingdoms live you must ask them for permission to build. In Life is Feudal the politic is old like almost 2 years. So if you build wherever you want because you have to best view from window and not respect that maybe its land of that huge tough guys - its your problem.

Sorry its not MineCraft and i hope it will never be, because we bought this game as "medieval hardcore pvp sandbox"

Exactly sir.

Even in modern days, like today, you still need permission to build on some random land. You cant just go and build a house and call that land yours. The government will come and throw you in jail and tear down your house.

Lord_Sitruc
True Believer

Post by Lord_Sitruc » 05 Dec 2017, 13:50

SerMedieval wrote:
20-30 on the roster, with a norm of roughly ~9 active at a time. Under current Life is Feudal hard-coded "rules," we would not be able to claim land here for arbitrary reasons no one can really explain. Darkfall is not a "group game," LiF is not a "group game," they were both advertised as sandboxes and the hallmark of a sandbox game is player freedom with the ability to play and create as the players see fit. It is completely reasonable to expect to be able to have a working claim with 9 players, but the developers simply impose hard-coded limits for their own subjective assessments instead of letting the playerbase determine what's actually feasible.

Group is fine. However, this game does not accept "groups." We have an amazing "group," but it doesn't meet the arbitrary number of ten at the moment -- just shy -- so we aren't allowed to play. Life is Feudal was never pitched as a "10 player required group game." It was pitched as a sandbox. Sand. Box.

That's what I was driving at. The point is, large groups aren't necessary, and the game shouldn't impose random number requirements. Let groups dictate their own identities and strategies as far as quality vs quantity goes. Hope you aren't quite so dumbfounded this time around.

I don't think you understand game mechanics, you have 20 people on your roster? Bam you had a guild claim 10 people ago regardless of how many currently active you have, 10 toons pledged = guild claim, Hell with 9 players and a hard core group which "runs servers" as you claim I find it hard to believe that none of you have an alt to push the number to 10.

Guild claims are more expensive to maintain once you get to tier 2 monument then a personal claim to maintain, yet everyone is complaining about maintaining a personal claim cause its to expensive..... so how would you maintain a guild claim if you can't maintain a personal claim?

Hodo wrote:To the OP...

If you are running into a toxic kingdom that wants to run you off of their land. Ask around find a friendlier kingdom domain to live in. Some guilds out there dont have a problem with individuals living near them as long as they understand the rules of the land. They could be as simple as, dont mine our ore, dont cut down these trees, and dont harvest our crops. Outside of that, do what you want.

So much this. solo players need to figure out that the need to engage other players, that is all it is. They have to interact with the guilds, some will chase you off, but just as many will probably show you where they would like you to live and what they would likely buy from you. Its a MMO and you need to talk to people, Hell, I am just as sure that some guilds would likely assist you in getting started by possibly planting trees for you, giving you a few seeds.
Last edited by Lord_Sitruc on 05 Dec 2017, 13:59, edited 1 time in total.

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 05 Dec 2017, 13:54

Exactly Lord Sitruc.

At least once I week I do a patrol around our lands. Some friendly people who I see are thriving on their own, I often trade simple things with. Apples, traps, food and such. Or I help them build something they dont have the skills for.

But those that dont follow our laws on our lands, we kill and chase off without mercy.

Trust me this sucks... because it hurts us more than it does those individuals who want to be idiots. That alignment hit sucks. I regularly bounce between +20 and -20 alignment.

Return to General Discussion