Trading Pact

All discussions relevant to Guilds go here!

Telakh
Alpha Tester

Trading Pact

Post by Telakh » 16 Dec 2013, 14:42

Greetings!

The Order of Time Paradox invites every guild and realm to sign a Trade Routes Protection Pact.
This agreement makes all caravans and traders immune to the agression except the direct war between factions, and forces factions to provide cover for the caravans being in danger on their land and restrict trading with the Pact violators, as well as participate in vengeance raids.

Lets keep our trading safe and criminals that attack trфders to loose more than they gain.

Current Trade Routes Protection Pact State:

Signed:

Pending:
[The Duchy of Camorr]
[Black Company Mercenary Order]

Abused:
Last edited by Telakh on 21 Aug 2014, 13:46, edited 8 times in total.
ImageYou are entering    Time ParadoxImage

Falke88
Alpha Tester

Re: Trading Pact

Post by Falke88 » 16 Dec 2013, 16:05

Reserve for [Falkenwatch] (Still waiting for open Alpha so we actually have trade routes)

Dailato
Alpha Tester

Post by Dailato » 17 Dec 2013, 22:34

Reserve for [The Papal States] (Exact moral code and guidelines for pvp-ers haven't been decided yet, but we can probably agree with this, asuming the traders aren't heretics, in which case all bets are off.)

Telakh
Alpha Tester

Post by Telakh » 18 Dec 2013, 06:54

Thank you for the activity. Looking forward for profit and prosperity in the realms.

Falke88
Alpha Tester

Post by Falke88 » 18 Dec 2013, 07:20

Does your guild already has a focus on a specific ressource? Or is this not an information for the public?

Telakh
Alpha Tester

Post by Telakh » 18 Dec 2013, 07:48

High quality arms.
I suspect that food&potions will always be in demand but equipment can be traded since it can be obtained not only from crafting but also from fallen foes. Although it is a matter of cross-guild agreements.

I suspect that many guilds will lack access to metal&stone but they will be able to barter it for food&commodities from grasslands and shores.

Added » 18 Dec 2013, 12:06

There you go. No offence, I just want to gather it all in a single thread. Besides it is not an alliance treaty but a pact between any factions that accept it.
You may not be best friends with some other guild or kingdom, but you must respect the agreements both of you have made and other guilds will be the arbiters.

Added » 20 Mar 2014, 09:00

Any more interested merchants around? :D

Jezbelle
Alpha Tester

Post by Jezbelle » 06 Jun 2014, 09:02

You're trade routes will not be safe, Telakh :)

Telakh
Alpha Tester

Post by Telakh » 06 Jun 2014, 11:07

What makes you so sure? :shock:

Strategos

Post by Strategos » 06 Jun 2014, 19:05

Protection for traders sounds like a good idea, but I'm a tad concerned about what you mean by vengeance raids. I'd be happy to fiend off bandits and garuntee trade rights on my own territory in exchange for such protection in foreign territories, but the idea of raiding another faction in such a way that could start a war...
I'd most certainly sign this if it was simply "protect all trade on your land and restrict trade with violators," but some clarity on how much vengeance camorr will have to take is necessary before a signature.

Link to the Duchy of Camorr Official Website:
http://duchyofcamorr.enjin.com/
Link to the Duchy of Camorr thread:
the-gentleman-bastards-t1255/
Link to The Duchy of Camorr Steam group:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/theduchyofcamorr

LordWiese
Alpha Tester

Post by LordWiese » 08 Jun 2014, 10:32

Only way your "trade routes" will be even remotely safe is if those traveling along said routes are traveling in goodly numbers, well armed, decent fighters, and use the terrain to their advantage at all times. In other words, people need to think strategically.

Does anyone here actually think that this pact is going to provide anything other than a false sense of security?

Telakh
Alpha Tester

Post by Telakh » 09 Jun 2014, 06:50

This pact is made up to guarantee safety from your neighbours.
For examle, you may not be best friends with the highlanders' clan nearby, but they can ignore your caravan instead of attacking it, as they normally do, and if you get attacked by some third party, you may ask them for help and assistance.
This may be convenient in some cases, depending on the situation, politics and geography. And yet, I don't see a reason how this pact can make any problems.
I know it sounds more like and RP organisation, yet, making a decent trading routes between a group of close-settled kingdoms and guilds can be a good foundation for a politic alliance.

Strategos

Post by Strategos » 16 Aug 2014, 17:02

I'll edit my reply a wee bit by asking:
How far away exactly are the Guilds in the Trade Pact going to be? I don't want to have to protect a psuedo-silk road stretching all the way across the continent, but if we were all bunched together....
I'd gladly enter into military agreements to protect our mutual interests if everyone was sort of close together as to promote actual diplomacy, rather than just feuding...
I WOULDN'T ally with a clan that has no political affect on my surrounding territory though...
So if that's unclear I just updated to say that a Trade Pact (and perhaps a more inclusive Pact?) is a brilliant idea if we actually plan to settle somewhat near each-other which is kind of impossible at this stage considering that the vast majority of guild members (and a goodly number of Guild Heads) haven't played the game at all yet...)

P.S. Telahk; the location stated on thy profile made me do this: :lol:

Proximo
Alpha Tester

Post by Proximo » 18 Aug 2014, 21:21

The first alliance I see. So if an enemy attacks traders in our territory everyone in the pact must declare war on that enemy?

Strategos

Post by Strategos » 18 Aug 2014, 21:32

Alright:
I've further changed my mind.
Since there's absolutely no way to decide where everyone's going to settle, I might as well say I'll support this venture if we can pull it off properly.

The Duchy of Camorr requests being put on that lovely "pending" list of yours...

Reserve for the Duchy of Camorr.

Also: so far Camorr is thinking about a specialty in iron mining, as it appears that food in the LiF world will be rather plentiful (there doesn't appear to be any truly barren areas). If there's going to be ships and sailing mechanics the Duchy is going to focus on maritime trade and we would gladly serve as the Pact's merchant-marine arm.

Telakh
Alpha Tester

Post by Telakh » 20 Aug 2014, 06:10

Thanks for your support of the idea.

I think we will improve it in to a set of rules for those who are interested to participate.
Declaring wars is not a purpose but making good trading relations and providing cover for trades should support the guild's economy.
I'll update the thread later this week.

Seeker
Alpha Tester

Post by Seeker » 21 Aug 2014, 13:37

As a leader of the Black Company Mercenary Order I say that we would support this venture and will be happy to patrol particular roads, in the future for a certain payment. When and if certain agreements will be made and honored. :
black-company-t1439/ Recruiting young mongrels, misfits and noobs since 2014) 'One day we will find our homeland!'

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/blackc ... 9431228985

Greatjon

Post by Greatjon » 17 Feb 2015, 04:33

i speak on behalf of the Kingdom of Westeros, and we shall protect all travelers and traders passing through our kingdom, but we will not be concerned with what happens to them off of our lands unless of course some stupid bandits should decide to attack one of our traders.

Commander Harold Godwinson

Order of the Knights Templar

Fox327
Alpha Tester

Post by Fox327 » 18 Feb 2015, 18:24

Good initiative! Although there will never be a 100% safe trade route, you can always try to make them safer ;) and this will definitely help towards safer trade routes. Can you put House of Reyne on the pending list?

Reserve for [House of Reyne]

Return to Guilds Discussions and Politics